Scotland v Israel

Frank Grimes

10 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Going by populations Moldova should be better than the Faroes, but the Faroes keep punching above their weight (have done for a while now). Moldova can now boast a team in the Champions League this season, yet at internation level they've floundered for a long time

I’m pretty sure that Moldovan club who qualified only have about 2 or 3 Moldovan players - it’s mostly South Americans and Africans.

40 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Just managed to get tickets for myself and my youngest son. This will be his first full Scotland international at Hampden.
We did have tickets for a game against Israel in March 2020 as well so hopefully this one will go ahead.

I hope your son has a cracking time and we get the win that’ll make it extra special. I lost my dad at a young age and not being able to experience a Scotland game at a full Hampden with him is one of life’s regrets. Fingers crossed it’s a special night. 

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

I'm making the point that the group isn't done and dusted. Israel will come to Glasgow knowing that a win will keep them in total control of their own destiny and we will be depending on them to be dropping points. We also know that we have been roughly even with Israel in the last 3 years so where is the idea that if we don't beat Israel then it's our own fault? They could easily beat us or draw with us at Hampden.

We have better players than Israel 

Our recent performances against them were gash

Our away defeat to them feels like an age ago

We should be beating them in front of a full hampden 

16 minutes ago, lochgellyPAR said:

got 5 tickets just there but are there restrictions/vaccine passports needed? I've only had the first dose so far

Unfortunately you need to be double vaccinated and provide proof.

I'll be able to take your tickets thanks.

21 minutes ago, lochgellyPAR said:

got 5 tickets just there but are there restrictions/vaccine passports needed? I've only had the first dose so far

I'm sure you'll need both doses by then not sure if a negative test will suffice.

5 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Malta drawing away to Slovakia isn't a shock? 🤔 you're on the wind up...😁

I watched Slovakia in the Euros; they’re absolutely fucking shite.

I still have *zero* idea what argument you’re making, although I’m getting the feeling you lost that strand a while ago.

49 minutes ago, Binos said:

We have better players than Israel 

Our recent performances against them were gash

Our away defeat to them feels like an age ago

We should be beating them in front of a full hampden 

image.png.e28d579085e92d154b14bf643ae362fa.png

So, I'm arguing that our recent record against them suggests we are on a similar level. You're arguing that we have consistently played below our level against them because we have better players? My opinion has some basis in measurable results and your opinion has no basis in reality? Our away defeat was less than a year ago.

Moreover, Israel have so far only lost to Denmark in this group and drawn with us so who is to say they won't beat Austria and draw with Scotland in the upcoming rounds and that we won't lose to Denmark?

Edited by 2426255

12 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I watched Slovakia in the Euros; they’re absolutely fucking shite.

I still have *zero* idea what argument you’re making, although I’m getting the feeling you lost that strand a while ago.

Not at all, the point is that 'shocks' happen all the time and for you to think it won't happen is just setting yourself up to be disappointed and spit the dummy out. If you can't see that even a declining Slovakia drawing at home to Malta is a result on a similar level to Scotland drawing away to the Faroes or Moldova then I wouldn't expect you to be capable of forming a reasoned opinion.

Edited by 2426255

I hope your son has a cracking time and we get the win that’ll make it extra special. I lost my dad at a young age and not being able to experience a Scotland game at a full Hampden with him is one of life’s regrets. Fingers crossed it’s a special night. 

Thanks, my second ever Scotland game at Hampden was against Israel (late 79s/early 80s) with my Dad. I was in the North Enclosure and could barely see the pitch but remember the atmosphere, the singing from the West terrace and beer cans everywhere.
Somewhat ironically my first game had been a 1-1 draw with Austria.

38 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Not at all, the point is that 'shocks' happen all the time and for you to think it won't happen is just setting yourself up to be disappointed and spit the dummy out. If you can't see that even a declining Slovakia drawing at home to Malta is a result on a similar level to Scotland drawing away to the Faroes or Moldova then I wouldn't expect you to be capable of forming a reasoned opinion.

NO ONE IS SAYING WE WON’T LOSE YOU MORON.

2 hours ago, 101 said:

I'm sure you'll need both doses by then not sure if a negative test will suffice.

Being a pain in the arse here but are there rules on the duration from your 2nd dose to the day of the game? I'm sure my 8 weeks from the first dose is up on the day before the game