Ross Stewart

Donathan

• 5 months later...
On 29/09/2021 at 12:31, Pie Of The Month said:

Loch Ness Drogba is an outstanding nickname. Seems to have really upset some proper weirdos on twitter too because he's from nowhere near Loch Ness.

unless I have completely missed something then it is applied because it sounds similar to the Loch Ness Monster but even then you need to pronounce it "Monsta" - ala that hideous football agent Erik Hall who had 5 mins of fame - for it to sound anything like Drogba. 

Just now, KingRocketman II said:

unless I have completely missed something then it is applied because it sounds similar to the Loch Ness Monster but even then you need to pronounce it "Monsta" - ala that hideous football agent Erik Hall who had 5 mins of fame - for it to sound anything like Drogba. 

I've watched him a bit this season.

He's actually called that because he digs himself under the pitch and only occasionally reappears once or twice throughout the game for a shot or header.

At which point the fans get their phones out and try and get a picture, but there's never a clear picture or video taken. So some Sunderland fans don't even believe he exists, despite being their top scorer.

On 21 March 2015 I watched Ross score a late winner for Ardeer Thistle against Thorniewood United.

Seven years later he's in the Scotland squad. Can't think anyone would have predicted that back in 2015.

On 22/09/2021 at 12:53, The Moonster said:

I reckon Stewart suits Clarke's style of play more than Nisbet or Shankland. If he keeps up his form I have no problem with him being called up as the third striker but I expect Clarke to stick with Nisbet until Stewart gets to the point he can't be ignored (if he reaches that point at all). 

Good post Mooster probably never say that again though 🙂🙂

Edited by General dissaray

He's a gangly giraffe when he runs which seems to confuse defenders as he's actually got a decent speed of gallop on him for a big lad. Worth a try in some friendlies to see if he can fit.