Morton v Arbroath

Happy with a point - by all accounts played badly (although the stats seem to favour us), missing our two most influential players + the excellent Gold and fighting back for a point. With ICT and Killie both losing then it’s been a decent day.

Some unusually poor defending but happy to get a draw without Nouble and Low. Henderson was outstanding and Stewart too. McKenna his usual self. Hilson and Donnelly did themselves no favours. Chris Hamilton was targeted with high balls - he’s too wee. Craigen was disappointing in the middle. A point away is decent and good to see the mentality to come back after a terrible 10 minutes. Why did we get a penalty? TonTV strangely didn’t show a replay.

Don't think there was too much between the sides, but we were doing enough to see out the win until that referee decided to stick his oar in. Perhaps there's a blatant foul on a replay - in which case I'll happily concede the point - but based on what I've seen live, you'd be giving six penalties a game based on that decision. 

That's quite possibly a major turning point in our season. 

Edited by vikingTON

2 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

…. Hilson and Donnelly did themselves no favours….

I genuinely thought they were finished after both being completely invisible v Aberdeen’s kids the other week. Hilson must have some set of incriminating photaes of Dick. 

Thought we were the better team apart from 20 mins at end of first half but lacked a real cutting edge up front that perhaps Gozie would have given us. Still plenty plus points in terms of performance but these are the sort of 3 points you look back on at the end of the season and wish you'd held on for. 

I thought Mcantee was very reckless with his elbow despite winning the header cleanly. If it was outside the box it would be a clear foul and if it happened in the other box I'd have been screaming for a penalty. Harsh on the players and a bit harsh on Mcantee who was just going for a header but on first viewing I can't complain too much. Happy to be proven wrong in highlights though in which case I'll be a frothing mess and will kick Nicky Low's crutches next time he delivers my dinner to me. 

Stole a point there we were awful second half. Very dubious penalty decision didn’t see much of a challenge really and had a great view of it but hammys nose appeared to be bleeding so obviously some contact. 

That was probably the worst I’ve ever seen hilson play and that’s some going. LD didn’t do himself any favours at all either. 

saying that we are still unbeaten and gained ground on teams above so will absolutely take that.

hurry back low and noobz please 

Morton better team for me should’ve won 

Super Nicky Low gave us a lift to the bus and he is Motm after Henderson 
Tbf to McKenna I thought he’d miss but was a good pen 

Nouble and Low such massive misses 

If Nicky can drive that’s good news.

Stole a point there we were awful second half. Very dubious penalty decision didn’t see much of a challenge really and had a great view of it but hammys nose appeared to be bleeding so obviously some contact. 

That was probably the worst I’ve ever seen hilson play and that’s some going. LD didn’t do himself any favours at all either. 

saying that we are still unbeaten and gained ground on teams above so will absolutely take that.
hurry back low and noobz please 

Overall I thought we deserved a point. Apart from 10 minutes of madness at the start of the second half I thought we were comfortable. Not that we were good, just Morton aren’t.

A deserved point imo and given that 3 of our best players was not even stripped you would have taken a point prior to kick-off.

Not at our best but apart from a mad 10 minutes at the start of the 2nd half we matched Morton and had a couple of good chances, the players that come in for Low/Nouble never seized their chance imo and why Bobby Linn never started this game is a mystery to me, the thing is Hilson has been superb of late when coming off the bench so i was expecting big things from him today when i saw he was starting, he is maybe trying too hard as he is a quality player.

It was a clear penalty as the Morton player lead with his elbow into Hammy's puss, what a superb penalty by McKenna as well.

Great to also see Thommo back but was also wanting to see Paterson get a run out.

Looked a good AFC support there as well (i was working today so could not make it) and imo Hendo was M.O.M. followed by the impressive Craigen. 

C'MON THE REF LICHTIES, 36-0.

Edited by AFC360PUNK1320

Some strange criticism of a battling point for Arbroath. Morton we’re on top for 20 minutes of the second half and looked like winning but overall a draw was fair. I actually thought Hilson was decent. Henderson our best player easily. He looks like a real find.
A good day out and a cracking match.

59 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

Some strange criticism of a battling point for Arbroath. Morton we’re on top for 20 minutes of the second half and looked like winning but overall a draw was fair. I actually thought Hilson was decent. Henderson our best player easily. He looks like a real find.
A good day out and a cracking match.

Agreed, some of the fans in other comments saying hilson was finished etc.

People need some game time, conditions were shit, and the strikers didnt really have any real service.

Think we done well to get a point always nice to get something at Morton.

We did not play well today but another point gained rather than two dropped I think . Don't get why Gold wasn't even on the bench today he would have given us much more in centre mid than Craigen did who I thought was poor . I don't think any of the players who came in did themselves any favours and I know Bobby is a legend but gave us nothing when he came on .Anyway our poorest performance of the season so far but still got a point out of it great pen from Mikey

5 minutes ago, footyguy said:

We did not play well today but another point gained rather than two dropped I think . Don't get why Gold wasn't even on the bench today he would have given us much more in centre mid than Craigen did who I thought was poor . I don't think any of the players who came in did themselves any favours and I know Bobby is a legend but gave us nothing when he came on .Anyway our poorest performance of the season so far but still got a point out of it great pen from Mikey

Ermm.....Queens Park?? Explanation please.