Insulate Britain

2 minutes ago, resk said:

Phone up a right wing radio show and make up some seething nonsense about the protests blocking an ambulance full of dying people, a lorry full of sick puppies (really, really cute ones), and a school bus full of disabled kids, all needing a pish?  

Probably already busy crying to Talksport about Yorkshire CCC being picked on by Azeem Rafiq and the woke left

27 minutes ago, resk said:

Phone up a right wing radio show and make up some seething nonsense about the protests blocking an ambulance full of dying people, a lorry full of sick puppies (really, really cute ones), and a school bus full of disabled kids, all needing a pish?  

😆

Also add an ex-army blood donor going for a job interview 😄

In love protests and civil disobedience. It’s great and there should be more of it. 

sitting in the middle of the road is over that line. It’s dangerous and completely stupid, and it’s an attack on the general public rather than policy makers. 

Repeat offenders should certainly get short jail sentences.

12 hours ago, ddfg said:

I assume that in most instances there is more than one way to get to a hospital? 

If I was taking someone to an appointment i think i turn the car and find another way to get there rather than sit and wait for the superglue to wear off. 

You underestimate the laziness and monumental sense of entitlement that the average UK car driver possesses, which makes it impossible for them to use the entire fucking network built and maintained for them. IB have played this like a fiddle. 

Edited by vikingTON

getting jail time should be the aim of the protest, though I wonder sometimes as a lot of these protesters however good the cause is and climate change protests cant be big enough or disruptive enough in a lot of ways do seem like half-wits. Every other week someone is claiming they are starting a hunger strike, then nothing are they still hunger striking or was it just for attention?

26 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

getting jail time should be the aim of the protest, though I wonder sometimes as a lot of these protesters however good the cause is and climate change protests cant be big enough or disruptive enough in a lot of ways do seem like half-wits. Every other week someone is claiming they are starting a hunger strike, then nothing are they still hunger striking or was it just for attention?

ER explicitly went for a strategy of "overwhelming the courts/ prisons" with mass arrests but they've underestimated how much this country loves jailing and prosecuting people even if it destroys the court system. They'd turn Devon into the Children of Men refugee camps before they'd acknowledge they couldn't prosecute every single protestor in the country.

13 hours ago, AlbionSaint said:

I don't know what a 'gammon' actually is, to be honest, but as you all know from my earlier post, it enrages me.

Why would it enrage you if you didn't know what it was? 

4 hours ago, Thorongil said:

I think these people are utter morons and yes, they do deserve some prison time.

I think you're an utter moron. When do you start your prison sentence?

3 hours ago, resk said:

On a positive note, a lorry load of refugees suffocated in one hold up.

3 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Calling all road users entitled when a bunch of entitled middle class wankers living off inheritance are gluing themselves to the road is some call but jail time is almost certainly not the answer.

It's "entitled" to want yer hoose warm and dry?

To flip that, it's entitled for road users to think that them getting to their work on time is more important than tackling climate change. 
Agreed these gammons that are out screaming and shouting are most definitely entitled but to say every road user is like that isn't correct.

Car drivers are just entitled as f**k. Constantly moaning about other road users whether they be motorcyclists, buses, bicycles, pedestrians, etc. Usually from a position of incredible ignorance as well... bleating on about road tax and other imaginary devices of their own invention. Yet, despite this weird self proclaimed ownership of the roads they also believe they have a right to the pavement as well for parking on.