Pollok and Irvine Vics booted out

1 hour ago, Lokloyal said:

The incident was sparked off by the Irvine coach running on to the pitch throwing punches but our players then got involved all over the pitch so really both sides to blame and I don’t think there was any real point in issuing this statement frankly 

Would suggest it was forgotten about by many. The part about considering membership is the most bewildering as what? should the powers be worried Lok wont show up next season and partake in another rammy? Mad things happen in football just draw a line under it and move on.  

10 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:

Would suggest it was forgotten about by many. The part about considering membership is the most bewildering as what? should the powers be worried Lok wont show up next season and partake in another rammy? Mad things happen in football just draw a line under it and move on.  

Agreed

6 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:

Naw just upset it would seem, possibly because they weren’t commended for their bravery fighting back up and down the pitch? Who knows.

At least horses on the pitch weren’t required, but you won’t recall that, as who knows you you were supporting back then? 

2 hours ago, superpollok said:

At least horses on the pitch weren’t required, but you won’t recall that, as who knows you you were supporting back then? 

Was a few donkeys mind you!

Every club has wee moments where you think ‘f**k i really wish this hadnt happened’ can think of a fair few for my own team plus a few other clubs. Move on, most folk had essentially forgotten about this and all of a sudden people are talking about it again. Surely the best thing to do here is put the hands up and move on, but that said the double down approach is interesting and we’ll see how it plays out. 

11 hours ago, superpollok said:

I know I’ve made a point when who i was “sUpPoRtInG” is mentioned 😂😂 granted far easier to attack me than defend that statement. 

Yes there were no horses…but at least both clubs accepted responsibility and didn’t misinterpret multiple bits of footage, blaming it all on the other party who arent the glitz and glamour of Glasgows south side. 

Then when it was all basically forgotten about and concluded, release a club statement continuing to blame the other party and a bizarre maybe they will, maybe they won’t enter next year. As if everyone would throw their arms up in the air proclaiming “we really can’t trust our own eyes!! Perhaps the finalists of 2015 have been wronged?? Whatever will we do!!” 

Your club messed up, got kicked out. Move on. 👍

Edited by Killiepiyo

50 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

I know I’ve made a point when who i was “sUpPoRtInG” is mentioned 😂😂 granted far easier to attack me than defend that statement. 

Yes there were no horses…but at least both clubs accepted responsibility and didn’t misinterpret multiple bits of footage, blaming it all on the other party who arent the glitz and glamour of Glasgows south side. 

Then when it was all basically forgotten about and concluded, release a club statement continuing to blame the other party and a bizarre maybe they will, maybe they won’t enter next year. As if everyone would throw their arms up in the air proclaiming “we really can’t trust our own eyes!! Perhaps the finalists of 2015 have been wronged?? Whatever will we do!!” 

Your club messed up, got kicked out. Move on. 👍

Let’s face it if Pollok pull out an already depleted and pointless cup competition will become more or less redundant.

4 hours ago, Greenmachine said:

Let’s face it if Pollok pull out an already depleted and pointless cup competition will become more or less redundant.

The competition is gubbed beyond repair and is in terminal decline. Pollok being weird and needy won't really matter either way in the grand scheme of things.

If Pollok do resign their membership of the SJFA I'd be surprised if they weren't joined by quite a few others. It's never going to be the competition it once was.

Did we ever get an update on the national non-league trophy that the SJFA and others were talking about? Or does this need to wait until AGMs next year?

26 minutes ago, energyzone said:

If Pollok do resign their membership of the SJFA I'd be surprised if they weren't joined by quite a few others. It's never going to be the competition it once was.

Did we ever get an update on the national non-league trophy that the SJFA and others were talking about? Or does this need to wait until AGMs next year?

At the time it was followed up by a West board member once again mentioning that the leagues were looking at creating a national non-league cup. Which made it clear no one was talking with each other at that point.

The £80k the SJFA were backing their competition with was basically a number plucked from thin air. Hoping that potential sponsorships would cover the cost. Rather than dipping into their savings.

Due to the nature of a national non-league cup and it involving multiple leagues. I imagine we'd hear about any proposal long before an AGM.

A national non-league cup is one of the topics being discussed by the Pyramid Working Group. The WoSFL have circulated a proposal to the other leagues, and the SJFA have been invited to submit a proposal as well.

Talks are ongoing, however (in my personal opinion) it looks unlikely at this stage that such a competition would be in place for season 2022-23.

From another Pollok perspective I’d put forward the following. Both teams are guilty and nobody’s saying Pollok should get off with no sanctions. Though the aggressors were the home team who played the whole game in a particular tone. The home team celebrated knocking Pollok out the Scottish although they could only do it with a rammy. 

Had the Vics received a heavier punishment, be it a larger fine or a longer suspension for more individuals that would be that. As it stands non of the Vics players in the playing squad have been punished and they were going out the tournament anyway! 

Irvine Victoria Players sanctioned for the Pollok game are a Luke Running (2 Games) and John McWilliam (5 Games) . The Vics lined up: Taylor, Barrett, Dehan, MacDuff, Donnelly, Cryans, Miller, C.Walsh, Jackson, D.Walsh and Kipatrick. With Gray, Kellington, Callander, Farrel, Clark and Watters on the bench. Now that is fishy as f**k that not one member of the playing squad or coaching staff of the Vics has been punished. 

Couple this with the recent failings of the management of the Juniors and the fact we are now in a totally different structure it’s an distraction we don’t need. Next season we could well have the Legaue, Scottish Cup, South Challenge Cup and the West cup. The junior cup is a competition of the past and not worth further congestion of an already tight fixture list.

My honest opinion is it’s time for us all to move on and remember the Juniro Cup for what it used to be. Not the final breaths of a once great competition. 

17 hours ago, South_Pride said:

From another Pollok perspective I’d put forward the following. Both teams are guilty and nobody’s saying Pollok should get off with no sanctions. Though the aggressors were the home team who played the whole game in a particular tone. The home team celebrated knocking Pollok out the Scottish although they could only do it with a rammy. 

Had the Vics received a heavier punishment, be it a larger fine or a longer suspension for more individuals that would be that. As it stands non of the Vics players in the playing squad have been punished and they were going out the tournament anyway! 

Irvine Victoria Players sanctioned for the Pollok game are a Luke Running (2 Games) and John McWilliam (5 Games) . The Vics lined up: Taylor, Barrett, Dehan, MacDuff, Donnelly, Cryans, Miller, C.Walsh, Jackson, D.Walsh and Kipatrick. With Gray, Kellington, Callander, Farrel, Clark and Watters on the bench. Now that is fishy as f**k that not one member of the playing squad or coaching staff of the Vics has been punished. 

Couple this with the recent failings of the management of the Juniors and the fact we are now in a totally different structure it’s an distraction we don’t need. Next season we could well have the Legaue, Scottish Cup, South Challenge Cup and the West cup. The junior cup is a competition of the past and not worth further congestion of an already tight fixture list.

My honest opinion is it’s time for us all to move on and remember the Juniro Cup for what it used to be. Not the final breaths of a once great competition. 

Should Talbot get promoted to the LL will they make dates available for them to play in the Junior Cup?

23 minutes ago, Greenmachine said:

Should Talbot get promoted to the LL will they make dates available for them to play in the Junior Cup?

Not in the same way that the WoSFL have been accommodating. Right now I don't think they'd be eligible anyway. The SJFA have been rewriting the rules just about every year for the last couple, but the way things stood the Junior Cup is only meant to be open to Tier 6 or below.

So the Junior Cup could lose the WoS Champion and North/Midlands Champion if they win promotion.

44 minutes ago, Greenmachine said:

There would need to be another major amendment to the SJFA's Constitution to allow Lowland League teams to take part in the Scottish Junior Cup, similar to what they did to accomodate the WoSFL teams who wished to take part.

Edited by glensmad