COP26 Glasgow 31st OCT to 12th NOV

wastecoatwilly

8 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I see that the SNP have come off the fence and are supporting going ahead with Cambo.

Cant imagine the Greens being too happy.

You might want to add the criteria that would apply in assessing to overall impact as part of any decision. Since energy (unfortunately) is a reserved matter it is a moot point. I've noticed a few posts from you recently around the energy question, do you work in our sector?

Wall to wall coverage of every Swampy figure under the sun and yet I'm still none the wiser as to:

a) Why the previous 2C target to limit warming now constitutes an existential threat to mankind, whose only hope is to limit warming to, err, 1.5C instead. 

b) Why, if the above existential threat exists, the assorted Swampies haven't demanded that nuclear power should be rolled out as an obvious low-carbon stopgap for developed and developing countries alike over the following few decades. 

Could it be that the eco-lobby wish to have it both ways and are trying to railroad through hugely costly measures on the general public by publicising catastrophist, fucking nonsense? 

7 minutes ago, Tommy Carcetti said:

GCC getting the scabs in to empty the bins then.

I forget the name of the rep, you'll know the chap, the one that seems to model himself on Tommy Sheridan, I wonder what his reaction to such a deployment would be.

22 minutes ago, sophia said:

I forget the name of the rep, you'll know the chap, the one that seems to model himself on Tommy Sheridan, I wonder what his reaction to such a deployment would be.

Chris Mitchell. I can't see a union rep being too pleased at scabbing tbh.

Hopefully he continues the blossoming practice of union leaders cutting wrestling promos.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Wall to wall coverage of every Swampy figure under the sun and yet I'm still none the wiser as to:

a) Why the previous 2C target to limit warming now constitutes an existential threat to mankind, whose only hope is to limit warming to, err, 1.5C instead. 

b) Why, if the above existential threat exists, the assorted Swampies haven't demanded that nuclear power should be rolled out as an obvious low-carbon stopgap for developed and developing countries alike over the following few decades. 

Could it be that the eco-lobby wish to have it both ways and are trying to railroad through hugely costly measures on the general public by publicising catastrophist, fucking nonsense? 

^^^Putin's man in Greenock.

16 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Raging at the First Minister of Scotland meeting important people who have come to Scotland and given her a nice present. 🤣

I don't see anyone raging but if you keep up with this "nice present" shite then it may just tip me over the edge. 😂

I thought I was being generous comparing it to a dog bowl.