COP26 Glasgow 31st OCT to 12th NOV

wastecoatwilly

4 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

The Erskine Bridge being closed because Greenpeace's big boat might hit it means that ambulances can't get to or from Dumbarton/Alexandria/Helensburgh to the nearest A&E (Paisley) without going into Glasgow first. All for a daft virtue signalling exercise. 

We're one day into this and it's already doing my head in. 

Needless shite. What do they think China’s gonna go ‘well i wasnt gonna commit to anything but the Rainbow Warrior showing up fair convinced me’. Pointless crap. 

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

This has just caused an absolute riot in here. Loads of folk just turned their computer off and left, hoping to reach the Clyde tunnel before it gets messy. Funnily enough I had to do that Dumbarton - Glasgow - Paisley Hospital trip on Friday afternoon and it was not very fun, nor fast. Imagine it'll be much worse now given the number of motorists heading into Glasgow/Clyde Tunnel. 

Traffic has been a fucking nightmare, only gonna get worse.

worth keeping in mind Alex Thomson knows absolutely nothing about ‘how easily the bridge could have been opened’. There were a number of reasons the road was closed, very typical of activists trying to pass the blame to the big bad polis and change the narrative. These people can never do any wrong in their own eyes. XR are exactly the same, spend all their time demanding climate action and when you eventually get everyone round the table do everything they can to stop the delegates from actually getting around the table. Again do they think Joe Biden’s gonna go ‘oh XR  held my motorcade up, better commit to better emissions reductions’? Seriously? 

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

You must have missed this. They're trying to make everyone fed up of Greenpeace imo.

7 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Needless shite. What do they think China’s gonna go ‘well i wasnt gonna commit to anything but the Rainbow Warrior showing up fair convinced me’. Pointless crap. 

Traffic has been a fucking nightmare, only gonna get worse.

worth keeping in mind Alex Thomson knows absolutely nothing about ‘how easily the bridge could have been opened’. There were a number of reasons the road was closed, very typical of activists trying to pass the blame to the big bad polis and change the narrative. These people can never do any wrong in their own eyes. XR are exactly the same, spend all their time demanding climate action and when you eventually get everyone round the table do everything they can to stop the delegates from actually getting around the table. Again do they think Joe Biden’s gonna go ‘oh XR  held my motorcade up, better commit to better emissions reductions’? Seriously? 

I came westbound across the bridge around 10.45am and there were police.on the walkway. South Yorkshire marked van. 

Police all over the place on m8 and along Clyde. 

1 minute ago, RH33 said:

I came westbound across the bridge around 10.45am and there were police.on the walkway. South Yorkshire marked van. 

Police all over the place on m8 and along Clyde. 

Yeh probably gonna be like that for the next two weeks. Lots of things to consider, its not just disruptive protests, Scotland has most of the worlds most powerful leaders right now and is a massive target. 

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yeh probably gonna be like that for the next two weeks. Lots of things to consider, its not just disruptive protests, Scotland has most of the worlds most powerful leaders right now and is a massive target. 

I had the wee one home so went down to lunderston bay as wasn't sure when it was due under bridge. As I said to others, I don't have strong feelings about Greenpeace, but I do think it's important they know what's going on on doorstep. As it was I'd collected middle one and established when it was due later in day.

It looked like it was a piece of piss getting under the bridge albeit I was about half a mile away. Why they closed it a full 90 minutes before it got there, I don't know. I can't even imagine why they closed it at all. I'd have been seething about it if I'd been at work and coming back over on my way home. I've already seen pics on social media of the street I work in having motorcade vehicles parked willy nilly so I'm now dreading the commute when I'm back on Wednesday.cc3914faa4c029be59d36a8f100db569.jpg
https://images.app.goo.gl/sKxu6SNu7xoyMVNC8

2 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Biden will have a nightmare getting this lot parked behind the Kelvingrove.

Seriously wtf is that shit about He's one man,  armored car, guy either side, more than enough. Also an absolute piss take the cars look like they are American imports. Complete waste of time, effort and CO2.

I note that wee demagogue said a sweary or two today.

She seemed to get carried away in the moment and didn't have anything more appropriate to say so perhaps she take more advice from her mum / lefties / anarchists / whatever and get a new speech writing team.

Or maybe just continue to noise up those amongst us that least like it.

8 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I didn't say it was controversial - but there are some people who are exceedingly naive who think it was done solely by a 16 year old.

There is also the dangerous assumption that if you dare disagree in any way with Greta Thunberg you are a climate change denying gammon or just a grumpy old git.

I might be the latter but I do believe that climate change is real and a serious issue. Where I am at odds with some is the simplistic middle class pish analysis of the solutions to the problems.

26 minutes ago, Tommy Carcetti said:

Shite take every good city should be in some way unaccommodating to this guff. It's why I turned round in Edinburgh in the end cause the fine folks of that city love to be as rude to the Fringe tourists as possible.

4 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Shite take every good city should be in some way unaccommodating to this guff. It's why I turned round in Edinburgh in the end cause the fine folks of that city love to be as rude to the Fringe tourists as possible.

Although I'm fully on board with the 'anti festival and people who come here to attend it' vibe, for the majority, this is less about solidarity with their fellow citizens and more to do with being miserable Tory c***s.