COP26 Glasgow 31st OCT to 12th NOV

wastecoatwilly

2 minutes ago, RH33 said:

It closed at 2.30pm

I'm going by the ch 4 guy that's on the boat .

He was saying as soon as the bridge was raised they passed underneath and it closed behind them 

Flipping heck the bridge would never be open in Peterhead harbour if they did the same up there 

Edited by doulikefish

3 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

He was saying as soon as the bridge was raised they passed underneath and it closed behind them 

Flipping heck the bridge would never be open in Peterhead harbour if they did the same up there 

You must have missed this. They're trying to make everyone fed up of Greenpeace imo.

4 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Ironically it wasn't even closed after an oil rig had actually hit it. Clearly a spindly wee mast is way more dangerous. 

Eh I know the guy that was in charge of that 🤣

Ps it wasn't me 

9 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Erskine bridge doesn't raise, they were waiting for low tide to give them clearence.

3 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I didn't say it was controversial - but there are some people who are exceedingly naive who think it was done solely by a 16 year old.

There is also the dangerous assumption that if you dare disagree in any way with Greta Thunberg you are a climate change denying gammon or just a grumpy old git.

I might be the latter but I do believe that climate change is real and a serious issue. Where I am at odds with some is the simplistic middle class pish analysis of the solutions to the problems.

Agree entirely with you here.

The solution is a phased transition away from fossil fuels but not in a way that transfers jobs and economic activity away from the UK to overseas. People don’t seem to realise that oil and gas isn’t just petrol and diesel but lots of other necessary products which we use in daily life.

Whats the point of leaving oil and coal in the ground but importing them to maintain essential power and steel production here in the UK?

Technology will solve this problem albeit, maybe not by 2050.

It looked like it was a piece of piss getting under the bridge albeit I was about half a mile away. Why they closed it a full 90 minutes before it got there, I don't know. I can't even imagine why they closed it at all. I'd have been seething about it if I'd been at work and coming back over on my way home. I've already seen pics on social media of the street I work in having motorcade vehicles parked willy nilly so I'm now dreading the commute when I'm back on Wednesday.cc3914faa4c029be59d36a8f100db569.jpg

48 minutes ago, microdave said:

It looked like it was a piece of piss getting under the bridge albeit I was about half a mile away. Why they closed it a full 90 minutes before it got there, I don't know. I can't even imagine why they closed it at all. I'd have been seething about it if I'd been at work and coming back over on my way home. I've already seen pics on social media of the street I work in having motorcade vehicles parked willy nilly so I'm now dreading the commute when I'm back on Wednesday.cc3914faa4c029be59d36a8f100db569.jpg

I was stood on the bank inline with the hotel. From where I was it didn't look.as though it had much clearance, posted photos on page before this one.

My favourite bit from today was all the journalists on Twitter insisting that them having to stand in a queue was the big story of the day, and getting really indignant and huffy with the general public for not giving a f**k.

5 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I can beat that. The Bolivian air force flew a private jet (Dassault Falcon 900EX if you must know) from Glasgow to Prestwick yesterday.

Several flights did this route yesterday, taking around 10 (ten) minutes, as Glasgow airport was full, so Prestwick is been used to park the planes. 

7 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Several flights did this route yesterday, taking around 10 (ten) minutes, as Glasgow airport was full, so Prestwick is been used to park the planes. 

There was four private jets parked on the Erskine side of the airport today. Italian air force plane not long landed and another us airforce heading into Edinburgh at moment.

1 hour ago, microdave said:

A perspective thing. It had about a metre and a half clearance.