Moldova v Scotland

Sugar_Army

19 minutes ago, velo army said:

If Tierney doesn't make this I'd want us to go 4-5-1.  Having him obviously gives us an attacking overload on the left, but without him do we expect Hendry to power forward? 

Hopefully KT makes it, but if he doesn't I'd want Clarke to be less dogmatic. 

Hendry is decent going forward from one side of the back 3. Remember his goal against the Netherlands? He did f**k up against the Czechs but as long as he’s told not to try any silly Hail Mary shots I don’t think playing him at LCB will be an issue.

12 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Hendry is decent going forward from one side of the back 3. Remember his goal against the Netherlands? He did f**k up against the Czechs but as long as he’s told not to try any silly Hail Mary shots I don’t think playing him at LCB will be an issue.

Cooper would be more comfortable there though wouldn't be suprised if he started even allthough he has looked out off the picture lately

26 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Cooper would be more comfortable there though wouldn't be suprised if he started even allthough he has looked out off the picture lately

You think Cooper is more comfortable bringing the ball out from the back than Hendry?

31 minutes ago, velo army said:

You think Cooper is more comfortable bringing the ball out from the back than Hendry?

Your talking about the left side not middle or right side usually you play a left footer on the left side to bring balance 

Where did I say that all that I said is that there is a good chance Cooper might start

1 hour ago, General dissaray said:

Your talking about the left side not middle or right side usually you play a left footer on the left side to bring balance 

Where did I say that all that I said is that there is a good chance Cooper might start

Given that one of the raisons d'etre of the left and right centre backs is to bring the ball out of the back and advance the attack then I'd say Hendry is the more likely starter. 

Still shitin myself for this game though.....

I'd be tempted to try this formation for this game:

Gordon

Tierney-Hendry-Hanley-Robertson

McTominay

McGregor- Gilmour-McGinn

Adams-Fraser (Dykes when available)

I think the development of Hendry and Hanley means they're strong enough to play in the middle of a back 4.

The similarities with the current system though is that when under pressure McTominay drops back between them giving us great flexibility to either have him sit with the fullbacks bombing on and even swapping sides throughout the match or to have McTominay rampage up the middle which against the weaker teams I'd expect him to do plenty of.

This is the only way for me that we have all our best players on the pitch with the main compromise to achieve this being Tierney at rightback though this is our weakest position and he's a class act who I've no doubt would as be strong there as at left centre back.

I don't see Clark doing this at all, he'll stick with what has been succesful so far but I think it would be a way for us to make a small change that gives us a plan B or more flexibility with the shape staying relatively similar.

6 minutes ago, Scumjob said:

I'd be tempted to try this formation for this game:

Gordon

Tierney-Hendry-Hanley-Robertson

McTominay

McGregor- Gilmour-McGinn

Adams-Fraser (Dykes when available)

I think the development of Hendry and Hanley means they're strong enough to play in the middle of a back 4.

The similarities with the current system though is that when under pressure McTominay drops back between them giving us great flexibility to either have him sit with the fullbacks bombing on and even swapping sides throughout the match or to have McTominay rampage up the middle which against the weaker teams I'd expect him to do plenty of.

This is the only way for me that we have all our best players on the pitch with the main compromise to achieve this being Tierney at rightback though this is our weakest position and he's a class act who I've no doubt would as be strong there as at left centre back.

I don't see Clark doing this at all, he'll stick with what has been succesful so far but I think it would be a way for us to make a small change that gives us a plan B or more flexibility with the shape staying relatively similar.

Callum Paterson has to play we have saw what he can do in a attacking sence and offers more of a threat bursting forward than O Donnell 

Who in his defence been unlucky not to score for his country he can hit good long shots and been close on a few occasions 

I aren't happy with playing a winger as a striker as well he is far to wee to be up there yes he has pace but we have a few others with pace as well that are genuine nines who would be more natural through the middle 

When Nisbet went on you could see how better we were cos he know the runs to make and knows how to play innthe box a natural striker 

2 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Callum Paterson has to play we have saw what he can do in a attacking sence and offers more of a threat bursting forward than O Donnell 

Who in his defence been unlucky not to score for his country he can hit good long shots and been close on a few occasions 

I aren't happy with playing a winger as a striker as well he is far to wee to be up there yes he has pace but we have a few others with pace as well that are genuine nines who would be more natural through the middle 

When Nisbet went on you could see how better we were cos he know the runs to make and knows how to play innthe box a natural striker 

I'm at Callum Paterson patter again was meaning Nathen obviously lol if it's not that I'm mixing up Callum with Jamie 

1 minute ago, General dissaray said:

Would be happy if Callum Paterson never played for Scotland again,says a lot when no championship clubs have came for any off the Scottish boys at Sheff Wed

To be fair I think if things had worked out differently Callum Paterson could have done a really effective job for us up front.

And by up front I mean at blindside flanker against Tonga yesterday in the egg chasing.

In all seriousness though there was a period I thought he'd be a good bench option for us, he was chaotic up front and had a knack of banging a few in and I thought that would be a good plan B when we didn't have one. Though maybe that's now Dykes and Plan A...