Moldova v Scotland

Sugar_Army

Yet McTominay doesn't have many good games for Scotland.
It's true that he's looked out of sorts for us in a few caps over the last two years. I don't think the answer is leaving him out though. Totally agree that Gilmour does seem to fit the Scotland side more naturally. Could we find a midfield shape that utilises McT, Gilly Bilmour and McGregor? Hard to see it to be honest without leaving the front two a bit isolated.

Just now, Gordopolis said:
4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

It's true that he's looked out of sorts for us in a few caps over the last two years. I don't think the answer is leaving him out though. Totally agree that Gilmour does seem to fit the Scotland side more naturally. Could we find a midfield shape that utilises McT, Gilly Bilmour and McGregor? Hard to see it to be honest without leaving the front two a bit isolated.

You would leave out McGinn?

Always gonna provoke an amazed reaction from somebody. We have 3 excellent midfielders for 3 spots.

Personally I'd leave out McGregor, despite him playing so well recently.

I'd have mctominay holding, excellent against Tottenham recently in the role, gilmour link guy, mcginn pushing on.

You could make an argument for any of the 3 really. 

As long as gilmour is in every selection.

51 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:
6 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Where you got McGinn playing behind a front two?Did we not try and those systems before 4 3 1 2

3 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Surely we could call up No replacement for Fraser? We have three options now for the two forward positions for this game, one of whom is Nisbet.

Big Kenny McLean might come on as CF he has played there before a few years ago but not for Scotland 

Aren't saying that it's going to happen but it is a option to throw the cat amongst the pigions 

We would be better calling up another forward though would happilly take Johnny Russell if he is double jabbed 

Thought this article in Glasgow Times was pretty on point at summarizing some of the issues presently going into this camp, not trying to be negative and if you only want to think happy thoughts then I suggest you skip this.

Problems are piling up for Steve Clarke - victory in Moldova is far from a formality for Scotland

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/19700954.problems-piling-steve-clarke---victory-moldova-far-formality-scotland/

Edited by 2426255

Brown, Nisbet, McGinn, Armstrong; these appear to be the options we have for a partner to Che Adams, assuming we go with the two up top as per. 

Might we be tempted to go with a front three? Adams with Brown and A.N Other on either side? Dykes is a huge miss for the way we like to play, i'm not at all convinced Adams, or anyone in the squad, can do the same job anywhere close to as effectively. On that basis, I honestly think it's worth trying a change than asking anyone to do the job Dykes would do ordinarily. None of them can do it. 

3-4-3, 3-5-1-1?

Whilst I think we maybe should twist, I expect Clarke to stick, at least to start with. Can only hope, then, that the fact Moldova truly are dugmeat means it works out alright. 

30 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Brown, Nisbet, McGinn, Armstrong; these appear to be the options we have for a partner to Che Adams, assuming we go with the two up top as per. 

Might we be tempted to go with a front three? Adams with Brown and A.N Other on either side? Dykes is a huge miss for the way we like to play, i'm not at all convinced Adams, or anyone in the squad, can do the same job anywhere close to as effectively. On that basis, I honestly think it's worth trying a change than asking anyone to do the job Dykes would do ordinarily. None of them can do it. 

3-4-3, 3-5-1-1?

Whilst I think we maybe should twist, I expect Clarke to stick, at least to start with. Can only hope, then, that the fact Moldova truly are dugmeat means it works out alright. 

I think he will stick as well, but thought maybe our lack of strikers and abundance of midfielders might see us tweak the system to 3-4-2-1.

image.png.d4b9b279dfb9b809e3d74e1ffa83bfe3.png

or

image.png.958c2428dfb77f22f7d2873bd0c7520a.png

Edited by 2426255

I'd just put McTominay in midfield with Gilmour and McGregor then play McGinn off Adams up top.

Wouldnt do this normally but this is a poor Moldova side and McGinn has generally looked a good finisher for Scotland and I'd back him over most others in the squad to get in the right areas to bang a couple in over 90 minutes.

Nisbet is woefully out of form or I'd have played him. Happy enough if he picks Brown though as interested to see what he's about.

Dykes returns along with normal service for McGinn against the Danes.

3 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Thought this article in Glasgow Times was pretty on point at summarizing some of the issues presently going into this camp, not trying to be negative and if you only want to think happy thoughts then I suggest you skip this.

Problems are piling up for Steve Clarke - victory in Moldova is far from a formality for Scotland

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/19700954.problems-piling-steve-clarke---victory-moldova-far-formality-scotland/

It’s more of a formality than some doomsayers would have it.

In 8 (eight) years, Moldova have beaten Azerbaijan, San Marino, and Andorra. 

They are beneath Andorra in the world rankings, who’s starting XI will include teams from the second tier of middling European nations.

We should be winning this handily.