ICT v Arbroath Tuesday 26th

34 minutes ago, RiG said:

Few boos at this "gamesmanship" from Arbroath but maybe we should not get into this kind of situation in the first place?

Or you could call it good game management against top of the league, away from home, mid week fixture for a part time team, etc. 

3 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

Or you could call it good game management against top of the league, away from home, mid week fixture for a part time team, etc. 

Well yes. That's what I mean by we should avoid getting that kind of situation to begin with. It's not meant to sound like sour grapes. I have no complaints about the result as we were murder. Five minutes either side of half time we showed a little spark but ultimately got what we deserved - nothing.

Edited by RiG

1 minute ago, Arjy said:

Having watched all but one league game so far this season, I genuinely don't know what kind of tactics/style Dodds is trying to install when we are going forwards. We don't create enough quality chances to continue this potential title challenge and it's getting a little worrying.

Tonight we played exactly to the standard that I've come to expect from us and we rightfully didn't get anything from the game.

I really don’t want to start going down the road of criticising the manager just yet but here I go anyway… I agree with you. It’s starting to look more like we have good players that have managed to scrape the results together rather than it being from the way we are set up. It doesn’t suit the players we have. I’d like to see us going back to three in the middle of the park, two sitting and one linking with the striker and then having the two wingers out wide.

Chris Hamilton was absolutely immense at RB tonight. He should be the 1st choice there going forward. McKenna brilliant as well in a game I thought Nouble was quiet in. Dick coming over and wishing the support a safe journey home was a class touch as well 

Edited by lichtie23

I really don’t want to start going down the road of criticising the manager just yet but here I go anyway… I agree with you. It’s starting to look more like we have good players that have managed to scrape the results together rather than it being from the way we are set up. It doesn’t suit the players we have. I’d like to see us going back to three in the middle of the park, two sitting and one linking with the striker and then having the two wingers out wide.

Hmm. I’m thinking you need some perspective. You’re still top equal in the league, and you were lucky to beat us on day one. You’ll be up there in a very even league but why would you expect any better?

4 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

Hmm. I’m thinking you need some perspective. You’re still top equal in the league, and you were lucky to beat us on day one. You’ll be up there in a very even league but why would you expect any better?

Yeah, I know all of that but we’ve only played well for 45/60 minutes throughout all of the league games so far. If this was a one off performance I’d agree with you. Okay it was particularly bad tonight but I’ve been expecting our performances to get better since the start of the season but they never have. It’s fine when we have still be getting the results but now we are starting to lose and draw games we really should be winning. I’m more meaning against Hamilton and Raith rather than tonight’s game.

but now we are starting to lose and draw games we really should be winning. I’m more meaning against Hamilton and Raith rather than tonight’s game.

Im glad you added that last bit or all us Lichties would have been kicking off again about being disrespected. Good luck for the rest of the season. It would be a laugh to see Killie stay in the Championship.

A wonderful result there is no doubt but let's be honest that was definitely not down to tactical genius a very clever goal from Mikey solid defending and great effort   from most but that in no way was our best starting 11 without Low . Well done Arbroath. 

Just now, footyguy said:

A wonderful result there is no doubt but let's be honest that was definitely not down to tactical genius a very clever goal from Mikey solid defending and great effort   from most but that in no way was our best starting 11 without Low . Well done Arbroath. 

And ICT were not very good

2 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

Im glad you added that last bit or all us Lichties would have been kicking off again about being disrespected. Good luck for the rest of the season. It would be a laugh to see Killie stay in the Championship.

Can have absolutely no complaints about the result tonight. Though I would say before the game it’s 1st at home v 5th away so it is a game we really should be winning no matter who the opponent was.

Be interesting to see the reaction from ICT and their manager now. The last few weeks have seen results start to dip every so slightly and suddenly we are right back with you lot.

However based on our performances I’m surprised with how we are still picking up points and I’m sure ICT will keep getting results too, it’s going to be a battle with a few clubs all season I think.

Ok. Maybe our best starting 11 would have won 2-0. Or maybe not.

6 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Be interesting to see the reaction from ICT and their manager now. The last few weeks have seen results start to dip every so slightly and suddenly we are right back with you lot.

However based on our performances I’m surprised with how we are still picking up points and I’m sure ICT will keep getting results too, it’s going to be a battle with a few clubs all season I think.

Ever so slightly?

The form is bottom six material. It's not quite Ross County despair but it is worrying.

Imagine anyone questioning whether Arbroath could do it on a wet Tuesday evening in Inverness. They did with some to spare.

The only bright spot was laughing at the frothers who were frothing at the Arbroath goalie for employing all the time wasting tropes...

Walk slowly past the available ball to get another very far away - check 

Saunter back to goal - check 

Cross six yard box to take kick at opposite end - check 

Kick studs on post - check 

Go down with mysterious but worrying injury - check 

Dive whilst taking a bunnet ball - check 

froth froth froth 

The only thing he didn't do was make a serious save from a very poor Inverness side.

Dear Arbroath goalie, next time please also howk mud from your studs and I'll give you top marks.

I'm looking on the positive side and taking the home and away fixtures in context, I reckon it is a couple of points gained.

Ever so slightly?
The form is bottom six material. It's not quite Ross County despair but it is worrying.
Imagine anyone questioning whether Arbroath could do it on a wet Tuesday evening in Inverness. They did with some to spare.
The only bright spot was laughing at the frothers who were frothing at the Arbroath goalie for employing all the time wasting tropes...
Walk slowly past the available ball to get another very far away - check 
Saunter back to goal - check 
Cross six yard box to take kick at opposite end - check 
Kick studs on post - check 
Go down with mysterious but worrying injury - check 
Dive whilst taking a bunnet ball - check 
froth froth froth 
The only thing he didn't do was make a serious save from a very poor Inverness side.
Dear Arbroath goalie, next time please also howk mud from your studs and I'll give you top marks.
I'm looking on the positive side and taking the home and away fixtures in context, I reckon it is a couple of points gained.

Derek Gaston is a top pro and a great goalie.