Which Clubs in the Highland League in Five Seasons' Time?

Dev

10 hours ago, TheScarf said:

That’s the bit that cracks me up.  A trip to Brora and Wick once every 12 months.  Where’s that fucking violin? 

Happy to travel to Elgin, Inverness, Dingwall for 20 years in the SFL/SPFL but as soon as they drop down to the HL for being shite it’s a problem.

It's been no problem at all .  Don't know where you get that bit from .  Probably from listening to Tom English's pish on the radio.

I think we have adapted quite well considering the freefall the club were in . 

6 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Well said hedgey 👍

Brechin have been a breath of fresh air to the HL too,with possibly BoD and Lochee among others coming in from tier 6 in yrs to come,I'm looking forward to seeing how the league looks in 5yrs time.

City v Broch at the Glebe is gonna be massive when that fixture comes round.

If we get promoted, I'll most look forward to our "derby" against Brechin. 😀

Does the temptation of playing the 2 cheeks colts not interest you at all ? Or are we the bigger draw ? [emoji38]
I'd much rather play your lot than them, lol. I'd support inviting Pyongyang FC into our league ahead of the cheeks colts. [emoji23]

12 hours ago, Marten said:

If we get promoted, I'll most look forward to our "derby" against Brechin. 😀

...but do the people who run Brechin City feel a similar level of enthusiasm over the prospect of playing Lochee United in a league fixture when as recently as 2018 they were playing Dundee United in the Championship?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42481452

Hope that derby happens in the not too distant future but think there's a fair to middling chance that Brechin City will be in the LL next season courtesy of the boundary removal and will use the ability to do that as a way to still feel superior to Midlands League clubs who have to progress to the HL.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

On 06/11/2021 at 07:45, LongTimeLurker said:

...but do the people who run Brechin City feel a similar level of enthusiasm over the prospect of playing Lochee United in a league fixture when as recently as 2018 they were playing Dundee United in the Championship?

Hope that derby happens in the not too distant future but think there's a fair to middling chance that Brechin City will be in the LL next season courtesy of the boundary removal and will use the ability to do that as a way to still feel superior to Midlands League clubs who have to progress to the HL.

What a pile of pish ! :lol:

23 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

What a pile of pish ! :lol:

As if any desire on what league to be in has anything to do with the Midlands League. 😆 

If anything, I don't think you guys will mind if say ourselves and Carnoustie get promoted this and next season. If you're still in the HL by then, it at least gives you 2 easy away trips.

On 06/11/2021 at 07:45, LongTimeLurker said:

How do you work that out? What would be the mechanism for a team transferring to another T5 league? Instead of who?

36 minutes ago, Marten said:

As if any desire on what league to be in has anything to do with the Midlands League. 😆 ...

What on earth are you even on about with that?

Brechin City were very vocal about wanting to be relegated to the LL rather than the HL earlier this year and the SFA board were trying to get the LL to agree to it even after the playoff games against Kelty. Now six months later the SFA appear to have been able to get the Club 42 playoff rule changed to remove the boundary completely by linking it to rule changes the LL needed to accomdate the OF colts.

It doesn't really matter if a couple of guys posting on P&B are enthused about a Brechin City vs Lochee United league fixture in the HL, the powers that be appear to have other ideas where what happens to former SPFL clubs from Angus is concerned.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

25 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

How do you work that out? What would be the mechanism for a team transferring to another T5 league? Instead of who?

You have already described how it could be done in terms of the LL constitution in a recent post, so why are you wasting my time with this? We'll see what unfolds over the next few months and whether Brechin City in the LL is still part of the SFA board's agenda at this point. What any of us post on here won't make a blind bit of difference.

On 02/11/2021 at 21:53, invergowrie arab said:

I would have said Brechin is now irrelevant as they are already in the HFL and if they wanted to join the southern feeder system they would need to start at the bottom.

Then I remembered the LL is a league teams can join by application.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

25 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Brechin City were very vocal about wanting to be relegated to the LL rather than the HL earlier this year and the SFA board were trying to get the LL to agree to it even after the playoff games against Kelty. Now six months later the SFA appear to have been able to get the Club 42 playoff rule changed to remove the boundary completely by linking it to rule changes the LL needed to accomdate the OF colts.

It doesn't really matter if a couple of guys posting on P&B are enthused about a Brechin City vs Lochee United league fixture in the HL, the powers that be appear to have other ideas where what happens to former SPFL clubs from Angus is concerned.

Are you just making things up in your own head ? 

Which part of this do you view as being inaccurate and made up in my head?

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/international/brechin-sack-manager-but-blocked-from-lowland-league-bid-after-spfl-relegation-3255139

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/lowland-league-clubs-unanimously-reject-24210716

Edited by LongTimeLurker

56 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I'm literally replying to your own points:

"...but do the people who run Brechin City feel a similar level of enthusiasm over the prospect of playing Lochee United in a league fixture when as recently as 2018 they were playing Dundee United in the Championship?

Hope that derby happens in the not too distant future but think there's a fair to middling chance that Brechin City will be in the LL next season courtesy of the boundary removal and will use the ability to do that as a way to still feel superior to Midlands League clubs who have to progress to the HL."

It's no secret Brechin City prefer to be in the LL, but I highly doubt the Midlands League and any feeling about that has anything to do with it. Especially as the Midlands League wasn't even announced yet when Brechin made their first attempts to go to the LL instead of the LL.

Stop wasting my time. You know perfectly well what the reasons are for Brechin City preferring the LL to HL.

On 05/11/2021 at 08:36, LongTimeLurker said:

Think Brechin have trained in Grangemouth in recent years so are not really an Angus team in terms of coaching and players. The fear seems to be what would happen if they moved away from that model....

7 minutes ago, Marten said:

It's no secret Brechin City prefer to be in the LL

First order of business for Brechin is getting back to the SPFL. I doubt they've played an active part in the SFA's decision making except as a hangover from the last couple of seasons. They'll happily take advantage of any change if they ever become Club 42 again though :)

As for the idea that the scrapping the HL/LL boundary is stage 1 in getting them transferred over to the LL. There's plenty of holes to be poked in that I doubt anyone is seriously working on it. 

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Which part of this do you view as being inaccurate and made up in my head?

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/international/brechin-sack-manager-but-blocked-from-lowland-league-bid-after-spfl-relegation-3255139

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/lowland-league-clubs-unanimously-reject-24210716

The part that Brechin City were very vocal on the subject. 

I think you will find that the media were the ones who were vocal and making up all sorts of shit to discredit Brechin (and in particular the chairman with their personal attacks ) . By my understanding ,there was a request lodged by Brechin to the LL to be discussed by their  member clubs.   That this request was leaked to the media was no fault of Brechin City. 

Also your assumptions that Brechin will somehow jump ship to the lowland league is laughable.  The club is in the process of major reconstruction which includes plans to start recruiting more local players and have more local training facilities.  The Highland league has been a breath of fresh air and allowed the club to regroup and re-plan. The aim is to try and get back into the SPFL as quickly as possible. To take another jump into another unknown would just be ridiculous. Why on earth would they do that ? 

Instead of trawling through ridiculously biased, shit stirring   media bullshit,  try sourcing the real facts. 

Edited by theoriginalhedge