Morton vs Accies

13 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Good to see the Accies support make it known we want that chancer McGowan out of our Club.A groundshare with Caledonian Braves at Strathclyde Park  will be the order of the way down the line if we don't get rid of him.

Morton-now fan owned of course - gladly don't have these worries and can concentrate on playing/Management issues only unlike us who are watching our Club being ripped apart by rotten Ownership.

The difference is nowhere near as great as you suggest. While I think it's true that our ownership do have the best interests of the club at heart, that doesn't make them any more effective at doing the job yet. Which is why we're currently landed with a dung manager on a two year deal, given to him on the spurious grounds of 'stability'.  

Our issues behind the scenes won't actually be solved until there's a credible organisation structure put in place, ideally with a Sporting Director or similar executive figure to stop the bean-counter and golf club type fans  influencing first team affairs.

6 hours ago, SpoonTon said:

The free kick for the goal was awarded just after 6 minutes. I definitely feel like the ref would've blown for full time from the throw in just before that if the Hamilton players hadn't been milking the time wasting for it quite so much. 

I can't remember the last time I saw three players booked for time wasting in a match - I don't think it was bog standard. The ref quite clearly had no time for it and for the Hamilton players to keep going at it the way they were was really naive. And to add to that, when they had the chance to take the ball into the corner deep into stoppage time they, instead, gave the ball away with a poor cross. Hamilton only have themselves to blame here.

It was actually quite refreshing to see a ref give the time back which was lost to time wasting. Next time, they should understand when a ref isn't having it and stop being so blatant with it.  

^^^  100% correct.  The only thing the ref got wrong with regard to the time wasting was his failure to book the ‘keeper for it as he was the worst offender from the 46th minute on. Scoring the equaliser in the last minute of the (entirely justified) stoppage time was poetic justice, that was the worst bout of time wasting I’ve seen in years.

Re the rest of the game, in a dire first half we could’ve gone a couple of additional goals down and we never looked like scoring. Whatever else they’ve been up to in training, they should have a session where they play the defenders as the attackers and see how THEY like trying to get a good first touch on balls shelled at them like missiles from 60 yards away. The best players in the country would struggle to do much with that, and we don’t have the best in the COUNTY. It’s a tactic that has produced buggerall in 11 league games and high time we tried what Gary Oliver suggested last week - the pitch is in much better condition at the moment than it was last season, let’s try using it to work the ball forward.

We were at least competitive in the second half, although toothless. Big Gozie coming back for the last half hour or so was good to see,man have we missed him, and hopefully he’ll stay fit and get back to match fitness sharpish. The defenders should be told to stay well clear of him in training, just in case. 

With Dunfermline two up  by about  3.20 things looked grim, especially after we went a goal down, even though by then Arbroath had levelled in that game. Our last gasp goal and their collapse meant we put another point between us and the Pars, but next Saturday’s visit to East End Park is still at the very, VERY least a must-not-lose fixture.

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

It was a frustrating game as aside from wee spells either side of half-time, we never managed to control it. The understanding between Moyo and the other attackers isn't there atm which has also been frustrating. He's done some good work recently but the ball just wasn't falling to Accies players.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

It was a frustrating game as aside from wee spells either side of half-time, we never managed to control it. The understanding between Moyo and the other attackers isn't there atm which has also been frustrating. He's done some good work recently but the ball just wasn't falling to Accies players.

I'd agree on the Moyo front, he actually won a fair few headers bit never really went anywhere 

As for the game, of we had a decent striker the crazy amount of injury time wouldn't have been an issue bit of you're only scoring one goal a game this will always happen amd I worry it will come back to bite us in the arse come the end of the season 

I think the time wasting was so blatant and obvious that it personally insulted the referee’s intelligence. They were rubbing it in the ref’s face rather than trying to be cute as normally happens. When the player was holding the ball in one hand for a throw-in near the end, tempting Gary Oliver to try and take the ball, only to throw it away as Gary approached, was pitiful to watch and the referee was absolutely fuming at such disregard for the spirit of the game, hence he added on even more time than was actually wasted to create some sense of justice.

1 hour ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I'd agree on the Moyo front, he actually won a fair few headers bit never really went anywhere 

As for the game, of we had a decent striker the crazy amount of injury time wouldn't have been an issue bit of you're only scoring one goal a game this will always happen amd I worry it will come back to bite us in the arse come the end of the season 

We also would have had someone to bring off the bench (either another striker or Moyo) towards the end. It's clear that a bunch of players are only on the bench to make up the numbers and it makes the end of matches a bit harder. 

1 hour ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

I think the time wasting was so blatant and obvious that it personally insulted the referee’s intelligence. They were rubbing it in the ref’s face rather than trying to be cute as normally happens. When the player was holding the ball in one hand for a throw-in near the end, tempting Gary Oliver to try and take the ball, only to throw it away as Gary approached, was pitiful to watch and the referee was absolutely fuming at such disregard for the spirit of the game, hence he added on even more time than was actually wasted to create some sense of justice.

So he cheated then?

3 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

So he cheated then?

More a case that other clubs are sleekit with their time wasting and the referee understands it's part of the game otherwise most matched would last 100 minutes. If it's completely obvious they are forced to add time on.

So. No. The opposite of cheating. Actually being a stickler for the rules as opposed to letting things slide.

16 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

More a case that other clubs are sleekit with their time wasting and the referee understands it's part of the game otherwise most matched would last 100 minutes. If it's completely obvious they are forced to add time on.

So. No. The opposite of cheating. Actually being a stickler for the rules as opposed to letting things slide.

The post I quoted states he added on time that wasn't necessary as a punishment. That's clearly cheating. 

17 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

The post I quoted states he added on time that wasn't necessary as a punishment. That's clearly cheating. 

😁 It’s plainly not cheating. You’re taking one poster’s skewed opinion as being the gospel truth. Sit doon and stop trying to stir it.

1 minute ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

😁 It’s plainly not cheating. You’re taking one poster’s skewed opinion as being the gospel truth. Sit doon and stop trying to stir it.

Do you think the amount of injury time played was fair? Fact is we should have took our chances and won the game but I genuinely don't see the justification of seven minutes added time 

12 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Do you think the amount of injury time played was fair? 

Absolutely!

The time added on was simply the time that would have seen football being played had your team  not indulged in such blatant time-wasting tactics.

Just now, Bert Raccoon said:

Do you think the amount of injury time played was fair? Fact is we should have took our chances and won the game but I genuinely don't see the justification of seven minutes added time 

😳 You’re joking, aren’t you?  For a start, it ain’t injury time, it’s STOPPAGE time. Let’s have a look at it:  

There were 5 substitutions in the second half for a start, and I think I’m right in saying that they add a minimum of 30 seconds for each. There was the Accies player who went down with a “head injury” in the box; your physio fannied about on the touch line for a while till the ref finally insisted he came on to treat the guy. His speed, and the speed of the two of them leaving the pitch, barely exceeded a toddle. Then there was the goalkeeper……  He must’ve taken close to a minute getting the ball back in play every single time it went out for a bye-kick in the second half, and he took as long as he possibly could to part with it after every save or pass back ( I think he’s meant to part with in 5 seconds). The ref told him to get the finger out at least once and I reckon he should’ve been another one to be booked for time wasting. Then there are the two, I think, who WERE booked for it, and the time they wasted, and the idiot who refused to move 10 yards back for that final free kick must’ve wasted another 30 seconds too, taking it into the next minute.

So yes, add it all up and I think the referee was entirely justified in adding what he did. Teams, and fans, are well aware that not all refs allow sufficient additional time for the stoppages that happen during games, which is why teams try it on the way they do. Great to see a ref who does, and great to see a team punished for it - because THAT’S where the cheating came from.

54 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

The free kick the goal came from was given in the 96th minute. Time wasting before the free kick was taken and celebrations added more. 5 minutes disnae seem much.

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

18 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Start at 3:50 to join the action in the 96th minute.

Fair play to the club for leaving in both the premature "full time" cheer and Taylor's furious march over to the referee at the end.

Think I’ve seen a bigger crowd at the local Tesco’s in Greenock. 

1 minute ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

😁 nobody cares, chum. Try harder next time.

Until you get the begging bowls out again and our support help you out financially.

Don’t bite the hand that has fed you in the past. You might need us again in the future.

Forever in our shadow!

1 minute ago, Yflab said:

Until you get the begging bowls out again and our support help you out financially.

Don’t bite the hand that has fed you in the past. You might need us again in the future.

Forever in our shadow!

😁 yadda, yadda, yadda……  Don’t be stupid. Nothing said on here can or will have any effect on what clubs do. And you’re only speaking for yourself. Stop now.

4 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

😁 yadda, yadda, yadda……  Don’t be stupid. Nothing said on here can or will have any effect on what clubs do. And you’re only speaking for yourself. Stop now.

You’d best get some sleep. School is back on tomorrow. Hopefully you get a better education when you get to secondary as you make no sense whatsoever. Night night.