Morton vs Accies

5 minutes ago, d_t_b said:

f**k sake.

Absolutely ridiculous that there was 8 minutes of injury time but at the same time we should have been seeing that game out easily. Under absolutely no threat for the most part, squandered a couple of chances and then concede from an absolute bread and butter launch into the box

Between the injury to your player, the time wasting you were booked for and the ones you weren't booked for plus multiple subs 8 mins is probably about right, but I would say that teehee. 

Unbelievable, truly gutting.

They've done it again, one half chance and they score to take more points away from us.

To be quite honest, as soon as Matheson came on it was coming. Matheson is horrendous defensively, he gets beat far to easily and leads to us getting pressed constantly, time to punt him back to Wolves.

We absolutely must take more of our chances when they come, or results this will happen again.

We didn't get beat, but tough games ahead where we are unlikely to pick up many points.

To the Hamilton fan who stormed through the firedoor in the main stand after with such ferocity that it slammed into the wall - you need to get a grip and calm down if you are reading this .

Hamilton brought that on themselves with their outrageous time wasting

32 minutes ago, d_t_b said:

f**k sake.

Absolutely ridiculous that there was 8 minutes of injury time but at the same time we should have been seeing that game out easily. Under absolutely no threat for the most part, squandered a couple of chances and then concede from an absolute bread and butter launch into the box

The referee would have been justified in adding on another 5. 

Get it up ye.

Aside from the hilarity and somehow taking a point, the same shit from us. 

McLean is done .. if only we had another centre back who could take his place and a couple of right backs to occupy the space left by said centre back taking his rightful place at the centre of defence...

Blues fucking awful for their goal, and just awful in general as usual.

Oliver moaning that he didn't get the ball just before they scored.. the stupid c**t shouldn't have been standing stationary demanding the ball 4 feet in front of Oksanen. Make a fucking move.

Edited by #Gary

37 minutes ago, d_t_b said:

f**k sake.

Absolutely ridiculous that there was 8 minutes of injury time 

The 8th minute of injury time was required because of the equaliser that we scored in the 7 entirely valid minutes.

Hard lines.

A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg

Hilarious stuff at the end. Genuinely didn't think we'd score despite the injury time.

We were rotten in the first half and the space given to the two Accies players out wide left for their goal was abysmal (especially Allan for not tracking back).

There was a bit more fight about us in the second half (without actually being any better in terms of football), particularly after Gozie came on.

The added time was spot on - three booked for time wasting plus all the subs, the Accies players lying down at regular intervals and every goal kick following the pattern of "Everyone back for a short one - actually no, wait - push up 'cos I've decided I'm going to hoof it instead". Amazed the keeper wasn't one of the ones booked. Not seen a goal that late since Peter Weatherson equalised at 5 o'clock away to an Ayr side who adopted the exact same tactics.

Sadly, it means Gus will be here for at least another week.

Very little sympathy for Accies given their timewasting antics in the second half. Best part is, we were there for the taking if they had kept playing at us.

Gus, I'm sure you've tried as best you can, but kindly clear your desk and f**k off please.

I dearly hope that's big Gozie back. He's the only threat we have up front.

Gus taking a lot of stick, but results have been awful and today we were not really troubling the Accies keeper.

Fans will understandably be very frustrated and calls for his head will grow. He needs results...   

If Gus wants to keep hold of his job he'll need to be a bit more adventurous, especially at home 

Glorious. 

Can't  fault Hamilton for all the time wasting as a win was essential to them but they missed two easy finishes.

Must have been the 80 something minute before we got a shot on goal then another within a minute.

Loved the boy who blocked doing a dying swan act, ref insisting physio came on and he went off.

At the point the ref had had enough of the time wasting tactics so much so I felt he would have given us a penalty for any challenge within Range of the box. Instead will accept 8 minutes and wild celebrations. 

Don't for a minute think MCT should let Gus stay on but time to get a mutual agreement and reduced termination payoff.

I see my post match mini rant has had quite a reaction 😆

For clarity, yes I accept that between Popescu's injury at the start of the second half and a couple of bog standard time wasting incidents that we see week in week out there was a bit of injury time merited.

8 (EIGHT) minutes though? Behave yarselves.....

I see my post match mini rant has had quite a reaction [emoji38]
For clarity, yes I accept that between Popescu's injury at the start of the second half and a couple of bog standard time wasting incidents that we see week in week out there was a bit of injury time merited.

Couple of time wasting incidents?? FFS. Must have been watching something else. Even your own fans have said it was embarrassing who bad it was.

I said when Redfearn missed that easy chance  to make it 2-0 that it could come back to haunt us and with a Ref who must have thought we were playing Rangers, so it proved.

Gutted at the time, but I said last week we would get four points from these three games and it has panned out exactly that.The fact we should have Nine points from these games shows how disappointed we are and how far we have recovered from the Partick debacle.

Crazy decision for  me taking off Lewis Smith and Morton started coming into the game after that and more so when Popescu went off as Million Pound Mathieson is a bomb scare which Morton certainly noticed.

Despite their lowly position,Morton were able to bring on two strikers while our squad is threadbare with kids who are not ready making up the bench which gives us little option to change it.Our injured players would have made a difference from the bench this  week-that's for sure.

Good to see the Accies support make it known we want that chancer McGowan out of our Club.A groundshare with Caledonian Braves at Strathclyde Park  will be the order of the way down the line if we don't get rid of him.

Morton-now fan owned of course - gladly don't have these worries and can concentrate on playing/Management issues only unlike us who are watching our Club being ripped apart by rotten Ownership.

2 hours ago, d_t_b said:

It was only seven minutes.

The eighth was added to take account of big Gozie's goal.

Happy to help.

Hamilton's approach to timewasting was essentially an extremely naive team trying to look streetwise and making a colossal arse of it. Every team on the planet timewastes and shitfests when they're defending a lead, but if you're being so blatant about it so early that you're getting a player booked for it in the 75th minute after a couple of warnings have already been given then that's not effectively running the clock down: that's just drawing the referee's attention to how much time you're taking over every single stoppage.

Having already had that booking, to contrive to get another yellow card over a throw in again and have so many individual instances of cramp that the ref's immediate reaction was not to look to the touchline for the physio but to point at his watch to say "I'm going to add this time on by the way"... aye, you've absolutely fucked it and the correct amount of time was added on as a result of that stupidity.

9 hours ago, d_t_b said:

The free kick for the goal was awarded just after 6 minutes. I definitely feel like the ref would've blown for full time from the throw in just before that if the Hamilton players hadn't been milking the time wasting for it quite so much. 

I can't remember the last time I saw three players booked for time wasting in a match - I don't think it was bog standard. The ref quite clearly had no time for it and for the Hamilton players to keep going at it the way they were was really naive. And to add to that, when they had the chance to take the ball into the corner deep into stoppage time they, instead, gave the ball away with a poor cross. Hamilton only have themselves to blame here.

It was actually quite refreshing to see a ref give the time back which was lost to time wasting. Next time, they should understand when a ref isn't having it and stop being so blatant with it.