Euro 2022

Christophe

Great game. Leigh's a fucking weird place. Was recommended a pint of Strongbow Dark Fruits mixed with raspberry slushie. Said no, obviously, then the wummin said it was only £2.50. Surprisingly tasty. 

Best game of the tournament, best goal of the tournament and Silva might have been the best player of the tournament so far. 

I thought Portugal looked poorer when Nazareth came on which was strange. She seemed to blunt Silva's attacking threat and, although she made a couple of good passes and looked good on the ball, didn't do much aside from that. It could also have coincided with the number 10 tiring a bit.

That was an excellent game though, and it had a bit of needle as well which I like. 

The punditry at half time is the same levels as the men's football though, just excitable ex pros with verbal diarrhoea offering little in the way of insight beyond tired cliches. 

12 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

I think Iceland will feel a little hard done by there. Played really well.

They missed 3 sitters. Was just waiting for a last minute Italian winner. Another good game.

28 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Only saw the second half, but really enjoyable game. 

Think France will have too much for Belgium coming up, but we'll see.

I'm saying nothing - not getting accused of jinxing anybody this time!