Ross County v Hibs - Wed 24th Nov (fingers crossed.......)

18 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Don’t get me wrong, the idea of playing the game tomorrow and making fans take time off work with 3 days notice was a disgrace enough in the first place. But to then call off the game again, after fans may have then taken that day off to find out they didn’t need it - a joke of an organisation.

Celtic were without 13 players. Didnt St mirren have to draft in Zlamal? It’s double standards really.

It was St Johnstone Bobby come and helped out. Week Before our Scottish cup final we had to play Celtic at parkhead with a team of kids and reserves, one sub and a goalie who just signed that day and had not met any team mates until the warm up. We got scudded 6 nil but just had to get on with it. Double standards are horrendous

Edited by perthsaint1977

19 minutes ago, MarkPockets said:

It's not though. That Celtic side that played was actually still a very strong team, and St Mirren still had more than the required number of players needed in a matchday squad. You need 13 players, 10 need to be over 18. Hibs obviously don't have that so the games been postponed.

Hopefully all the players are well and recover but the fact some of our fans are trying to cloak this as some kind of conspiracy is just stupid

That's exactly the kind of balanced, sensible, objective point that has no place on P&B, or the entire internet for that matter.  You should be ashamed of yourself.  

12 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Maybe not heard the end of it from Mr Trueman now, his evidence could be damning with a pts deduction incoming for Hibs for breaching covid rules, resulting in the postponement of these two games..

Would imagine the hotel has cameras in the corridor in question? 🤷‍♂️

It's not though. That Celtic side that played was actually still a very strong team, and St Mirren still had more than the required number of players needed in a matchday squad. You need 13 players, 10 need to be over 18. Hibs obviously don't have that so the games been postponed.

Hopefully all the players are well and recover but the fact some of our fans are trying to cloak this as some kind of conspiracy is just stupid

No don’t get me wrong I completely understand that it’s different circumstances to the other games - and I certainly don’t think the SPFL have a vandetta against County. The health of the Hibs players comes first and foremost obviously.

My point was more why did the SPFL think that it was plausible to rearrange one game in the hope that the Hibs players would miraculously recover in 3 days. It shows that they’re incompetent and stupid but I guess that’s no news to anyone.

50 minutes ago, Ric said:

So just to be clear, Hibs can't bring in other players in the same way we were forced to bring in a keeper?

The most likely explanation is that the entire Scottish football system is permeated with an anti-St Mirren agenda aimed at destroying your club.  

Either that or people are just trying to administer the game as best they can, keep players safe, get games on and apply the league rules.  But that's a pretty unlikely scenario IYAM.  

1 hour ago, perthsaint1977 said:

It was St Johnstone Bobby come and helped out. Week Before our Scottish cup final we had to play Celtic at parkhead with a team of kids and reserves, one sub and a goalie who just signed that day and had not met any team mates until the warm up. We got scudded 6 nil but just had to get on with it. Double standards are horrendous

I think it was only 4-0 which was quite good really.

So just to be clear, Hibs can't bring in other players in the same way we were forced to bring in a keeper?

St Mirren were not forced to bring in a keeper. St Mirren had enough players available to play the game under the SPFL rules (which they presumably voted for). They chose to bring in a keeper.

Had St Mirren only had 12 registered players available, or only 9 players over 18 available, they would not have been forced to sign anyone to get the game one.