Celtic (top of the league) v Livingston (dressing up like a team)

You don't always see penalties given for this sort of thing. Technically, it's a foul and a penalty, but I do have a bit of sympathy with the ref here.

As for the penalty which was given. Maybe technically it is correct decision, but a ref should be allowed to apply common sense, or the rule needs changed as giving a penalty does not feel morally right to me. It was handbags from the pair of them. Kyogo should also get a retrospective ban for that. Class player, but we can't allow that nonsense to fester. He was clearly at it. 

On a side point, how refreshing is it to see both old firm teams facing stiff competition in most of their games rather than walkovers. Really hope this league stays (relatively) tight!

21 minutes ago, Chonky said:

You don't always see penalties given for this sort of thing. Technically, it's a foul and a penalty, but I do have a bit of sympathy with the ref here.

As for the penalty which was given. Maybe technically it is correct decision, but a ref should be allowed to apply common sense, or the rule needs changed as giving a penalty does not feel morally right to me. It was handbags from the pair of them. Kyogo should also get a retrospective ban for that. Class player, but we can't allow that nonsense to fester. He was clearly at it. 

On a side point, how refreshing is it to see both old firm teams facing stiff competition in most of their games rather than walkovers. Really hope this league stays (relatively) tight!

I agree regarding the rules it shouldn’t be a penalty and would make sense to change it. I had no idea what was going at the game when he pointed to the spot. 
As for Kyogo this shit is part and parcel of the game now , play acting happens in every game with little appetite from those in charge to change it.

Edited by gannonball

18 minutes ago, Chonky said:

I have no complaints about the penalty we conceded last week, as it was technically the correct decision. But, as always, the consistency is lacking.

16 hours ago, bennett said:

Racism at Celtic today

LIvPW5Gb_normal.jpg

Philip Crowther

@PhilipinDC
Replying to @PhilipinDC
And then I heard a Celtic supporter call Livingston defender Ayo Obileye a “monkey”. Depressing.

Share this Tweet

Usual Celtic racism.

1 hour ago, Chonky said:

You don't always see penalties given for this sort of thing.

I've watched it again,at the game it was just a coming together with one player getting treatment it's still a contact sport.
If we had VAR it would been interesting to see if that type of thing gets a pen, Madden is a poor ref and his interpretation gets questioned.
I can understand why the Livvy fans want a pen, goalkeepers come flying out all the time and clean players out.
It was also interesting how Madden allowed Obileye back on to the park when Celtic were probing an attack.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I've watched it again,at the game it was just a coming together with one player getting treatment it's still a contact sport.
If we had VAR it would been interesting to see if that type of thing gets a pen, Madden is a poor ref and his interpretation gets questioned.
I can understand why the Livvy fans want a pen, goalkeepers come flying out all the time and clean players out.
It was also interesting how Madden allowed Obileye back on to the park when Celtic were probing an attack.

Now you’re clearly just taking the piss! Are you seriously complaining that our player, who had to go off the field after your player punched him in the face, didn’t have to stay off to give your team an advantage for a little while longer? That’s the bit about Madden’s performance you are wondering about. Get in the sea!

4 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Ben Siegrist got a penalty given against him for something very similar against Motherwell last week.

As United found out themselves earlier in the season, what constitutes a penalty is very different when you are the away team at Celtic Park

Which is exactly how VAR will be viewed up here too, it still comes down to opinions, and as we see here, opinions aren't likely to be consistent on what is a foul and what isn't. Folk that think VAR will clear everything up against the erse cheeks are being very naive.

We got a pen against Hearts in our 5-0 home win a few seasons back, when Halkett got slapped in the face by Zlamal, that there was a punch with Hart missing the ball, and nothing! All anyone wants, Managers, players, fans, is consistency, but unless you take human decision making out of it completely, you wont get it. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

39 minutes ago, Snooky said:

Now you’re clearly just taking the piss! Are you seriously complaining that our player, who had to go off the field after your player punched him in the face, didn’t have to stay off to give your team an advantage for a little while longer? That’s the bit about Madden’s performance you are wondering about. Get in the sea!

There is a lot more about Madden's performance yesterday,Celtic had the ball for 85% of the game but gave away the same amount of fouls (both teams had 10 each) plus watching the whole game again McGregor is raging about the amount of times Madden gets in the way of Celtic trying to build an attack.
When a team is camped on their own 18 yard line inviting pressure,switching the play with pace is important and building up momentum.
Madden did his best to stop that from happening getting in the way of play,giving fouls to Livvy for nothing to stop any momentum.

43 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Which is exactly how VAR will be viewed up here too, it still comes down to opinions, and as we see here, opinions aren't likely to be consistent on what is a foul and what isn't. Folk that think VAR will clear everything up against the erse cheeks are being very naive.

Consistency is all we want as fans but the interpretations of refs differ when it comes to decisions, this is the grey area.
Kane lifts his hands against CCV doesn't get sent off,Obileye lifts his hands gets sent off,Harte cleans out Obileye nothing happens. 
If VAR was here would these 3 all be red cards?

18 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

There is a lot more about Madden's performance yesterday,Celtic had the ball for 85% of the game but gave away the same amount of fouls (both teams had 10 each) plus watching the whole game again McGregor is raging about the amount of times Madden gets in the way of Celtic trying to build an attack.
When a team is camped on their own 18 yard line inviting pressure,switching the play with pace is important and building up momentum.
Madden did his best to stop that from happening getting in the way of play,giving fouls to Livvy for nothing to stop any momentum.

You're talking an enormous amount of shite, as usual. You can't say, in any way that Madden was anything other than biased towards Celtic yesterday.

12 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

How can Celtic commit the same amount of fouls in a game that we had 85% of possession in?

Every time we got the ball to break away Celtic were committing 'professional' fouls, either that or every misplaced pass Celtic players ended up being overly physical in trying to win it back. 

Celtic were handed the 3 points on a plate from a nothing affair between two players. They still fucked it up. Livi weren't given that chance for a stonewall penalty. Kyogo has tried, and successfully cheated the ref. The fact he goes down holding his face shows the kind of player he is, and deserves all the abuse he gets going forward. 

18 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Every time we got the ball to break away Celtic were committing 'professional' fouls, either that or every misplaced pass Celtic players ended up being overly physical in trying to win it back. 

Celtic were handed the 3 points on a plate from a nothing affair between two players. They still fucked it up. Livi weren't given that chance for a stonewall penalty. Kyogo has tried, and successfully cheated the ref. The fact he goes down holding his face shows the kind of player he is, and deserves all the abuse he gets going forward. 

The ref didn't give the pen for Kyogo's play acting,he gives it for Obileye lifting his hands M8.
If Obileye just pushes him back he doesn't get sent off.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

3 hours ago, BillyAnchor said:

Some anorak needs to do a comparison of the ugly sisters in Europe versus domestic with regards penalties cards and maybe injury time.

That would be absolutely pointless, It’s a far higher standard that no other Scottish club have got to the proper stages for about 15 years.