Kilmarnock vs Thistle 6th November 2021

On 03/11/2021 at 14:42, Jack_Jarvis said:

The thought of those red and yellow strips at Rugby Park always fills me with dread.

Through the 70’s and 80’s we just knew we would lose to a late goal, be it Jimmy Bone, Doug Somner, Colin McAdam or that wee Shiite that could jump 7 feet high Johnston it was always probable. 
possible  worst memory was the Cup tie that went to three games, and ended 1-0 to Thistle eventually if my memory serves me right.

So,,,,,,,, Thistle, just behave yourselves on Saturday, let us win and we promise to beat everyone else to help you get to the play offs. ..Deal! 

Even worse, it went to 4 games - there were 3 replays.  I went to all 4 games. 

Another bad time was the season 1979/80 when they beat us 1-0 3 times at Rugby Park, twice in the league and then again in the Scottish Cup.   From memory 2 of them were virtually last minute goals. 

14 hours ago, Big Jocks Chewin The Fat said:

Can't count with your stumpy farmer fingers though can ye

stopped counting with fingers at about age 4.  you do realise we have schools in Ayrshire, right?

also, never set foot on a farm in my life, and the few people I do know who have been on farms all have perfectly normal sized and shaped fingers.

I'm a bit puzzled however what counting on fingers or having been a farmer / on a farm would have to do with what songs someone chooses (or not) to sing when at a football game, but then again, I'm not from the world renowned center for intelligence that is Maryhill....

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You sing plenty questionable songs.

Ones that label certain teams to a particular religion for exact.

Oh come one, really? A song against religion and you are gonna try that? I was keeping out of this but that is a low blow! I doubt we will but hopefully we smash you wanabee currants on Saturday.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You sing plenty questionable songs.

Ones that label certain teams to a particular religion for exact.

Totally disagree. Example please. The only thing remotely approaching your suggestion is the how do you do song which is ironic and nowhere near bigoted as you imply. Not great from your good self

“H*ns without the bus fare” is right up there with “living rent-free in your head” sad teenage patter.

Its fair to say for the all too brief yet glorious Steve Clarke period no wins were more satisfying for Killie fans than those against them. It pissed them off so much they still have a genuine anger/annoyance toward Ayrshire’s finest for pumping them with regularity. And it was magic!

We played Partick at home I reckon it must’ve been 2016-17. Possibly a year or two before that but anyway it was when we were in the real depths of despair under Gary Locke or Lee Clark I can’t remember.
Anyway I got held up at work and ended up not getting parked until about 2.55. I was walking up Dundonald Road listening to sportsound and Partick must’ve scored after about 5 mins and I hadn’t got to the ground yet.  I just said f**k this and turned back to the car. Think we lost 5-2.

I was in Nagorno-Karabakh for that game. Quite an unexpected pumping if I remember.

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:
On 03/11/2021 at 18:36, Sortmeout said:
We played Partick at home I reckon it must’ve been 2016-17. Possibly a year or two before that but anyway it was when we were in the real depths of despair under Gary Locke or Lee Clark I can’t remember.
Anyway I got held up at work and ended up not getting parked until about 2.55. I was walking up Dundonald Road listening to sportsound and Partick must’ve scored after about 5 mins and I hadn’t got to the ground yet.  I just said f**k this and turned back to the car. Think we lost 5-2.

I was in Nagorno-Karabakh for that game. Quite an unexpected pumping if I remember.

Is that one of the posh eateries in the west end where folk go to name drop?