Next permanent Rangers manager

Let’s go!  

158 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

I just don’t get it. The EPL is a circus that represents everything that’s wrong for me with the modern game. An over exposed pantomime with hours of repetitive punditry, contrived excitement watching players dive, cheat, feign injury, argue with officials and the awful interpretations of VAR. Football tourists, half and half scarves, exaggerated goal celebrations (after a tap in) and the game being ripped away from communities and genuine lifelong fans, by greedy corporates.
Sure there are some very good players, but there’s still a sense of ‘The Emperor’s New Clothes’ depiction about the whole set up for me. Our game isn’t perfect by any stretch but I’d take it over the Premier League down south anytime.

Just like American pro sports then.

20 hours ago, G51 said:

The problem we have is that we lack bidders. The BBC and STV seem unwilling or unable to bid, which leaves Sky, BT and Premier. Premier don’t have the muscle, BT are trying to get out, so in practice you only actually have one bidder and they know that. So we need to innovate to get more bidders to the table, whether that’s through Prime/Netflix, bundling rights or whatever. 

Here is a list of countries and which TV broadcaster, it's more than just SKY.  We just under sell our game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Scottish_Professional_Football_League_broadcasters

ETA - The clubs, also have some responsibility over the shite deals we get(mainly Rangers and Celtic). They have the rights to their games to stream live via their own channels.  This meaning broadcaster abroad can't pick any games they want screen.  So more or less what SKY is showing is what everyone in the world gets to see.  In other leagues including EPL, you can pick and choose whatever game you want to watch, not just the SKY game.

Edited by SlipperyP

18 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Here is a list of countries and which TV broadcaster, it's more than just SKY.  We just under sell our game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Scottish_Professional_Football_League_broadcasters

Interesting.

Is the reverse true? Is Tajik football available on Scottish TV? Do the Tajik think Killie will go straight back up?

7 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Is Tajik football available on Scottish TV? Do the Tajik think Killie will go straight back up?

If you have TFF Futbol or Varzish TV on your cable box, I don't see why not. 

As for Killie going straight back up? Many a bar fight is started in Dushanbe, with that very question.