Dundee Utd v Aberdeen

8 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Now there you’re probably spot on

I don’t even need/want to look that up, we had a stinking run against Hearts during those years, particularly at Tynecastle 

That’s why I’m surprised your record against United is so good for that period. Honestly, during that time, I just saw Aberdeen as like a northern Hibs, who we just always beat. United on the other hand regularly gave us problems. Conversely however, it looks like you guys were doing United. Funny old game. 😀

Edited by Kyle Reese

31 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

A harrowing evening tbf 

18 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Honestly, I can’t remember ever being more angry than after that game. So many things happened that I absolutely has a heads gone 🤣

It says a lot that I got my nose burst open by some Aberdeen casuals pre-game and it's still one of the best football nights out of all time.

2 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Ah go on then, since I’ve just poured a big dram

Dons v Utd, 2000 - 2016

Aberdeen wins - 26

United wins - 19

Draws - 13

https://www.afcheritage.org/matches/stats/headtohead.cfm?set=1

Don’t talk pish 👍🏻

Since you've already battered the deniers from pillar to post, let's talk about the important stuff. What's the dram?

7 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Since you've already battered the deniers from pillar to post, let's talk about the important stuff. What's the dram?

27 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Now there you’re probably spot on

I don’t even need/want to look that up, we had a stinking run against Hearts during those years, particularly at Tynecastle 

🤷‍♂️😄

6 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

It says a lot that I got my nose burst open by some Aberdeen casuals pre-game and it's still one of the best football nights out of all time.

It’s the night I went from thinking langfield was underwhelming to absolutely hating the guy. His pathetic shitting his pants at having a couple of things thrown at him from the United end while zaluska was loving the amount of stuff being thrown at him at the other end. 

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s the night I went from thinking langfield was underwhelming to absolutely hating the guy. His pathetic shitting his pants at having a couple of things thrown at him from the United end while zaluska was loving the amount of stuff being thrown at him at the other end. 

Zaluska would later go on to be assaulted by Paul Paton in Ashton Lane after saying he hated Rangers and wanted to kill all Rangers fans.

Lukaz Zaluska. An honourable man 

11 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Zaluska would later go on to be assaulted by Paul Paton in Ashton Lane after saying he hated Rangers and wanted to kill all Rangers fans.

Lukaz Zaluska. An honourable man 

Just saying what we all think really. A man of the people. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
10 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Honestly, I can’t remember ever being more angry than after that game. So many things happened that I absolutely has a heads gone 🤣

Hard to believe that game was almost 14 years ago.

I was working abroad at the time, and flew into Edinburgh on the morning of the (originally planned) match. Only to find it was off. 

Went to the boozer at 11.15 and left at 23.59, a chaotic  shambles. 

Flew back again the next morning, then missed the re-scheduled game. Thankfully.

2 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

It was a Glenallachie 

Glorious stuff 

Billy Walker has worked wonders at Glenallachie, and with old stock as well. It'll be a few years yet, but looking forward to see what the spirit is like that's actually been distilled under his stewardship.

The 10 CS is on my hit list, only had the 12 year old so far.

A couple of unusual lapses in a thoroughly entertaining game with Hearts for United’s back line. Can the Dons force and exploit similar frailties? I think they can. The home side have enough going forward though to take a share of the spoils. Will go with and enjoyable 2-2 draw.

What is that formation? McCrorie, Brown, Mackenzie as a back three with Gurr and Campbell as wing-backs? Back four of Gurr, McCrorie, Mackenzie and Campbell, or Gurr, Brown, McCrorie and Mackenzie with Campbell in midfield? None sound particularly promising, tbh. 

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

C8228C8E-3C4C-4CEE-80D4-88744A338CA9.thumb.jpeg.2bea3c11a0b5b5eedc265ebbb374e3a8.jpeg

I’d prefer Glass start ahead of Butcher in Levitt’s absence.  Good to see Mulgrew back. 

Tbh I'm not overly surprised. After the Hearts match I had a feeling we'd see Butcher back in when he was ready regardless of whether all 3 of  Levitt, Harkes and Fuchs were fit.

Edited by captainkev