Dunfermline vs Queen of the South

50 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Our second from Connelly, just obscene man, just obscene.

Thought Sportsound said that Connelly crossed for our first - didn't look like Connelly, more like Todd perhaps?

16 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It wasnt our best performance of the season but it was decent enough in trying circumstances. We started with a converted winger and a centre forward who is just back from a month out with a hamstring problem and who was only supposed to play 30 mins tops playing centre back after McKay got injured in warm up. We still had 13 fit outfield players which is two more than we had midweek! 

Not withstanding this, and under pressure not to lose, we played positively and three times took the lead. Connelly and Todd missed other chances too. I'm gutted we drew, I thought we did enough to win, but we gave away needless set pieces and then struggled to defend them with almost no natural defenders on the pitch (Nditi I guess though he's not great in the air). 

If we can show that effort and that attitude every week when we either get defenders back or get more in, we will be ok. With 2 or 3 exceptions (away to Killie, probably both games v ICT, maybe home to Arbroath) our performances have been ok but we give away too many silly goals, the first goal particularly today being one. Its a needless foul. 

I didn’t see the game and it is pleasing to hear the general play and attitude was good. But your last point is very close to the “If we could just cut out the individual errors, we’ll be fine” that you hear from just about every manager of a team heading for relegation. 
The danger is we’re going to be taking more positives than negatives from games all the way to League 1. I’m not disputing the circumstances of this game and if it was a one-off it would be acceptable. But it seems like after nearly every defeat, and draw from a winning position, there is some excuse and the expectation it will all come good at some stage. We’re nearly halfway through the season and we’re still getting one point, or none, after “playing well”.

Our second from Connelly, just obscene man, just obscene.
Thought Sportsound said that Connelly crossed for our first - didn't look like Connelly, more like Todd perhaps?

Aye it's definitely Todd who sets up the first. Our first goal was well worked and the second was a vintage cracker from Connolly.

To lose 3 goals from set pieces is just depressing. For all we're dodgy at the back it's basic defending that have let us down again. I'm still furious that Nditi gave away such a ridiculous FK in the first place but Brynn needs to trust his wall and get his arse further left and he saves that comfortably.

Cameron loses his man for the second and Paton loses his for the equaliser. I just don't understand why they don't try and work on defending corners. It's always been an issue so you'd think they'd invest time in trying to fix it.

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye it's definitely Todd who sets up the first. Our first goal was well worked and the second was a vintage cracker from Connolly.

To lose 3 goals from set pieces is just depressing. For all we're dodgy at the back it's basic defending that have let us down again. I'm still furious that Nditi gave away such a ridiculous FK in the first place but Brynn needs to trust his wall and get his arse further left and he saves that comfortably.

Cameron loses his man for the second and Paton loses his for the running  equaliser. I just don't understand why they don't try and work on defending corners. It's always been an issue so you'd think they'd invest time in trying to fix it.

It is basic defending . The 1 st goal Brynn should save it that is the side he was at .

No excuse for Cameron for the 2nd it is just lazy not marking his man same for Paton for the 3rd 

Why do we not have a man on the back post at corners he would have easily got the ball away  .

We will never win games defending like that 

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Cameron loses his man for the second and Paton loses his for the equaliser. I just don't understand why they don't try and work on defending corners. It's always been an issue so you'd think they'd invest time in trying to fix it.

Paton was dead on his feet, so I think we should maybe cut him some slack. The first goal is the worst for me. The wall doesnt look lined up properly and if Brynn goes towards the ball instead of guessing that its going in the other side, he saves it pretty comfortably. Not conclusive from the highlights but didnt look to make a great attempt at the second goal either. It was low down but seemed pretty central and close to him.

2 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

Not conclusive from the highlights but didnt look to make a great attempt at the second goal either. It was low down but seemed pretty central and close to him.

I totally thought this.  

It's nowhere near the corner and should be saved.

Paton was dead on his feet, so I think we should maybe cut him some slack. The first goal is the worst for me. The wall doesnt look lined up properly and if Brynn goes towards the ball instead of guessing that its going in the other side, he saves it pretty comfortably. Not conclusive from the highlights but didnt look to make a great attempt at the second goal either. It was low down but seemed pretty central and close to him.

Does AJ take the blame for the 3rd then? I wasn't watching so will take your word for it that Paton was knackered. If that's the case then it's appalling game management on AJ's part. If Paton was too tired to do basic defending he should have been hooked.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Does AJ take the blame for the 3rd then? I wasn't watching so will take your word for it that Paton was knackered. If that's the case then it's appalling game management on AJ's part. If Paton was too tired to do basic defending he should have been hooked.

Who for? He had been forced into centre midfield at that point. 

Roy takes a share of the blame. He gave the ball away far too easily inside his own half which led to the corner

The defending for the three goals we conceded was a complete joke. Just players not in the right positions, not working hard enough off the ball and lacking the quality required. So poor.

Queens’ keeper had a shocker for Connolly’s header was also pathetic. tbf. Right under his glove. Not sure how they’re giving away a free header with two minutes to go either.

Seems like a textbook example of lots of goals not meaning an exciting, high-quality match.

1 minute ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Queens’ keeper had a shocker for Connolly’s header was also pathetic. tbf. Right under his glove. Not sure how they’re giving away a free header with two minutes to go either.

If only you'd watched us more regularly over a number of years the shock value of that would be replaced by a resigned acceptance.

Who for? He had been forced into centre midfield at that point. 
Roy takes a share of the blame. He gave the ball away far too easily inside his own half which led to the corner

Any of the subs. If they are incapable of coming on for 10 minutes they shouldn't be on the bench.

And as I say, if Paton was so tired he couldn't track someone at a corner then AJ has to get him off or he could cost us a goal...