St. Mirren v Hibernian

I disagree. Main is part of the reason we don't seem to create many chances because he offers nothing in the way of movement at all. Yesterday he was standing still, all the time. All Shaughnessy had to do to get on the end was of one of our "non chances" was make a run and get across his man, something none of our actual strikers did all day.

I agree totally about Shaunesseys movement, better than any of the strikers but I cant honestly think of one other opportunity bar the Main header where good movement in the box would have made any difference. Hes ploughing a lone furrow with his back to goal 30 yards out with no support, no idea what your expecting when quite literally only about 1 in 4 of the aimless punts gets anywhere near him. The goal came from a peach of a cross, the only really good delivery all day.

43 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
2 hours ago, GAD said:
I disagree. Main is part of the reason we don't seem to create many chances because he offers nothing in the way of movement at all. Yesterday he was standing still, all the time. All Shaughnessy had to do to get on the end was of one of our "non chances" was make a run and get across his man, something none of our actual strikers did all day.

I agree totally about Shaunesseys movement, better than any of the strikers but I cant honestly think of one other opportunity bar the Main header where good movement in the box would have made any difference. Hes ploughing a lone furrow with his back to goal 30 yards out with no support, no idea what your expecting when quite literally only about 1 in 4 of the aimless punts gets anywhere near him. The goal came from a peach of a cross, the only really good delivery all day.

To be honest, I thought a lot of the crosses yesterday were ok. A cross is always going to look shit if nobody is making any effort to get on the end of it. To be fair, it is a two way street, I just think there is more there for a striker that's going to work for it a bit harder.

It's the same with the balls knocked up to Main. Yeah, some of them were aimless punts that he had no chance with, but a lot of the time he was on his heels or standing still waiting for it. There was at least four occasions I counted in the second half where the ball was coming in to his chest or feet with support aroun him and McGregor just got round him and to the ball first so easily because he was standing waiting for it. Maybe the target man, hold up player isn't hi game, but what is then? He's got no instinct in the box, an he's not been great running the channels either.