Rangers vs St Johnstone December 15th

Thought lucky to get that far without conceding tbh although it's frustrating it came at a point where Rangers hadn't really threatened for a while.

Been abysmal on the ball with the front three barely influencing game in any way. Butterfield looks decent on the ball which will hopefully help in future games.

We were playing well up until the goal, really disappointing.

Vertainen fucking about like he’s playing in the after work 5-a-side game. I’d get him off.

If the front three could stop being so wasteful in possession when under little pressure we might create something here.

Clark, defence and midfield 2 all playing decent. Though McCart looks a shadow of last season’s hero.

1 minute ago, G51 said:

That left wing position for Rangers feels like it could be a productive one. Got in three or four times that half.

Feel like Kent needs to mix up the cutting in and shooting with cutting back from the byline, he’s getting a bit predictable with it

Just now, Costanza said:

Think. we can make this call now.

Yeah pretty much.

Vertainen overplays and MOH is thick, add in a mixing of Crawford and you've a nice collection of players who won't keep the ball for any meaningful length of time.

We've nothing to change it up though, other than a still crippled May or a winger whos only here to pass the time, so I doubt it'll improve today.

What a state to be in, nobodies expecting us to go to Ibrox and win but this is heading towards going down with a whimper. Rangers cut through us every time we attack, let us pass about at the back, then wait for us to just hand them the ball back to start all over again. Manager made it clear we had no intention of winning this game with the line up tbh.

I think Vertainen's got something about him but he needs to stick to the basics. When you've lost the ball after your twentieth consecutive failed showboating attempt, you should maybe consider cutting out the showboating.

It's sad that 'keeping Rangers out for as long as possible' is considered a success for us nowadays, but that's where we're currently at.

3 minutes ago, Orbix said:

Feel like Kent needs to mix up the cutting in and shooting with cutting back from the byline, he’s getting a bit predictable with it

Perhaps yeah. Personally I think a game where you’re getting your LW isolated 1v1 is a game you should be playing Sakala in tbh

Vertainen off, presumably for daring to try something different.

We bring on a player with zero goal threat, zero physicality, and whos not even fully recovered from a serious knee injury.

Would guess that'll be Vertainen now dropped until after the winter break now too, presumably for losing possession too much. Would be fair enough if Crawford wasn't playing every single week...

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

Perhaps yeah. Personally I think a game where you’re getting your LW isolated 1v1 is a game you should be playing Sakala in tbh

Think we could lose Arfield from the middle, tuck Kent in and go Sakala the other side of him.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If Rangers can be arsed this'll be 4/5 to nil.

Honestly beginning to hate this Saints side, just totally heartless.

Actually that's maybe unfair on some of them.

Should probably be more directed at a manager who makes decisions to prove a point. He's showing every single sign of someone who relegates sides.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

Big travelling support I see. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah, theres not really a choice between rushing home from working, spending like £28 on a ticket plus travelling, or £10 to watch it at home, tbh.

Ibrox during the week holds literally zero appeal

Think he's talking about the 'home' fans.