Staggies v Celtic, 15th December 2021

Don't see a match thread for this yet... redirect me if I've missed something.

The most important statistic of the season to date, is that in the 3 games which I have made it along to, Ross County have picked up 7 points.

I WILL ALSO BE AT THIS ONE, so I fully expect us to take at least 2.33 points from the game, thus extending our good run of form and our progression up the table towards safe mid-table mediocrity.

(If any fellow Staggies wish to fund my attendance at the rest of the season's games, there may yet be a chance we can push for Europe.)

Our front 3 will probs be even more makeshift than Sunday with Forrest now injured too. Personally I would rather try Abada down the middle than Rogic with Johnston (if fit)  and perhaps Juranovic on the right for a bit more steel. Think Ralston teamed up well with him when he came on yesterday.

Slightly encouraged by the depleted Celtic squad. Watched Celtic yesterday and whilst they were wasteful, Motherwell did create a few decent chances. Shows that they are there for the taking but we must be clinical. I do always feel that we give Celtic a decent game in Dingwall though and the earlier encounter this season could’ve been different if not for a mental deflection. A free hit, but not impossible.

This is the first time in a while I've fancied us getting something off Celtic. They're depleted, we're in form. Don't think many defences will like having Hungbo running at them and our defence is slowly looking more solid.

15 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

I’d rather we didn’t risk Kyogo ahead of the cup final, it’s just tempting fate. What it likely means is Montgomery comes in on the left but f**k me we are past the bare bones of who we have available.

I don’t think Turnbull works at centre forward however makes more sense than risking Kyogo. Personally I’d be tempted to look at young Vata and have a roll of the dice but that’s me probably being too keen to see some of the younger lads given a shot and it makes it more tragic what happened to Karamoko as there have been numerous opportunities this season where he could have been given time on the park

Edited by Jinky67

24 minutes ago, central staggie said:

Maynard-Brewer

Watson

Clarke

Vokins

Baldwin

Paton

Spittal

Charles-Cook

Tillson

Hungo

Callachan

Callachan up front? 4-5-1 to me, maybe with Spittal in the pocket behind Callachan.

Edited - According to Billy Dodds it's Hungbo up front.

Not really a surprise but Dilly Bodds is wrong and you're correct. Hungbo is wide right where he usually plays. 

Celtic ripping us to shreds, our central midfield is all over the place. For a team obsessed with buying central midfielders we have an abject lack of real quality there. Tillson is a hard working clogger and Paton/Callachan are absolutely unable to tackle.

20 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Two excellent tackles there. The Celtic boy on Spittal, then Baldwin on the edge of the box.

I'm keeping an eye on both games tonight and at that very instant in time Arfield was penalised for a similar tackle on Rooney.

haha