Motherwell v St. Johnstone - 18th December 2021

Just now, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I worry about what Davidson will say in his post match interview if we score another. Hope we keep it at two out of concern for the St Johnstone team's wellbeing.

Vertainen was ill during the week and that meant we couldn't train one day, all his fault.

This is the price you pay for allowing the manager to give absolute dross like O'Halloran and May new deals based on what they'd done 5 years ago.

Squad is a complete shitshow and I'll honestly be happy if we absolute gut it in the Summer.

If you can't carry a threat, you're going to struggle. That last 30 minutes was dreadful. Seemed to make the change to 4-2-4/4-4-2 then switch back 5 minutes later.

May fucking about 40 yards away from goal with 5 to go. Jings.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This is the price you pay for allowing the manager to give absolute dross like O'Halloran and May new deals based on what they'd done 5 years ago.

Squad is a complete shitshow and I'll honestly be happy if we absolute gut it in the Summer.

Absolutely.

May especially today was shocking. Second half decided he didnt fancy going up against the big bad centre halves so kept dropping into midfield, where he invariably lost it anyway. 

First half we were okay without being great, but second half we looked like a doomed side, lost all belief.

Quite a few times recently the opposition manager has made a tactical change and got the better of Davidson massively; hearts, Utd, Hibs all examples. 

3 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

May especially today was shocking. Second half decided he didnt fancy going up against the big bad centre halves so kept dropping into midfield, where he invariably lost it anyway. 

Thing is we all knew that's how it would go, so surely Davidson did too?

You can question Vertainens quality but he doesn't seem to shirk physical battles. It might have come to nothing but at least he'd make the CBs work, May just vanished.

A giant bleh to the season for me now. Let's just get out alive somehow.

Well that was a comfortable afternoon. Delighted for young Cornelius, always a bit extra special when the boy sticking it in the net is a fellow 'Well fan. 

By f**k though, St Johnstone were absolutely grim. A team that looks like it hasn't a clue what it's doing. 

19 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

First half we were okay without being great, but second half we looked like a doomed side, lost all belief. 

Game completely died after 55 minutes when we got our second.

Ref might as well blown for full time then.  

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I tried to tell you about May being past it but you blamed McInnes 🙂