Pars vs Arbroath, 26th December

24 minutes ago, embow said:

Ach! Dinnae get your knickers in a twist.

You'll be in a much better mood this time next week once you've taken the obligatory three points we'll be giving you. Any struggling team can be guaranteed a wee boost from this team that keeps on giving to the less fortunate.

Never heard that before. Fans of pretty much every team have never said the same thing.

Another fantastic Lichties performance assisted by some comical defending ,the first goal defending would embarrass a pub team. Over all though we were great with a McKenna special to put us in complete control on half time which we never looked like relinquishing. Nouble giving the Pars defence the runaround was fun to watch but everyone on top form again.Clear at the top....dreamland. Smokies and wine.

EEP has been such a happy place for teams for far too many years. Our home form is absolutely embarrassing. Thanks to Sturgeon for not allowing anyone to witness that in person in the freezing cold. Honestly rock bottom this club is at the moment.

I am worried about Yogi getting the 2 year deal tbh. He should have just been given the rest of the season just to keep us up. He surely has a clause that means he goes if we get relegated? (Which is actually quite likely the way things are at the moment) His track record at signings is terrible, so I haven’t much hope these additions he’ll make in January will be any good.

25 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Never heard that before. Fans of pretty much every team have never said the same thing.

Just getting it in early seeing as we don't have the chance to help out  QoS in midweek and you guys are next in line 👍

35 minutes ago, embow said:

Just getting it in early seeing as we don't have the chance to help out  QoS in midweek and you guys are next in line 👍

Just make sure to mention after the game that you were surprised how shit we were.

Thankfully (for us; I genuinely feel for the guy) Vaughan isn't fit or else he'd get at least his customary hattrick. Just means you'll have to share the goals around your team instead.

18 minutes ago, Broath Boy said:

As much as I’m enjoying being top of the league, best team we’ve had in 50 years since I’ve been going, I’m genuinely shocked a team of Dunfermlines size and stature are down at the bottom, yogi will get wins to keep yous up, all the best going forward.

'Size' and 'stature' are meaningless. Clubs can't coast on getting bigger gates than a few other clubs. Achievements of over half a century ago mean nothing now. Although if the point is around budget then aye, we're definitely not meeting the levels of that compared to other clubs.

'Yogi' might be getting found out. Not convinced at the moment by him, but he is restrained by the pish Grant signed. He'll be judged on his January signings.

Anyway, all the best to Arbroath! A very likeable club and I hope you lads win the league!

Dunfermline will come good - might take sometime, but can't see them getting relegated.

They have a great track record for having some Scottish greats at their club, including  Alex Ferguson, Jock Stein, David Moyes, Jim Leishman and more more.

You can't live in the past, but I think you will come good in the coming months.

As for Arbroath, surely serious title contenders now - the best team Arbroath had had since the 70s.

29 minutes ago, Broath Boy said:

As much as I’m enjoying being top of the league, best team we’ve had in 50 years since I’ve been going, I’m genuinely shocked a team of Dunfermlines size and stature are down at the bottom, yogi will get wins to keep yous up, all the best going forward.

You guys have shown exactly what's needed to win this league. We got very little out of your defence. So well organised and there's some cracking players. No all hard work. McKenna should've been closed down but the quality of that strike was top drawer stuff.

Quite incredible story. 

9 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Dunfermline will come good - might take sometime, but can't see them getting relegated.

They have a great track record for having some Scottish greats at their club, including  Alex Ferguson, Jock Stein, David Moyes, Jim Leishman and more more.

You can't live in the past, but I think you will come good in the coming months.

As for Arbroath, surely serious title contenders now - the best team Arbroath had had since the 70s.

Greeting card pish. 

Yeah I don't see us "coming good". Perhaps in another 15 years but right now there is nothing to say we are going anywhere good. 

Falkirk are mid/lower table League 1 standard, no reason at all that wont be us very soon. It'll be an adventure none-the-less. 

2 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Yeah I don't see us "coming good". Perhaps in another 15 years but right now there is nothing to say we are going anywhere good. 

Falkirk are mid/lower table League 1 standard, no reason at all that wont be us very soon. It'll be an adventure none-the-less. 

Aye.  I do believe football goes in cycles but just because we’re at a low doesn’t mean we’re automatically due a change in fortunes,  we can still fall a lot further and we need to fight like f**k to limit the damage before we can’t think of moving forward. 

38 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Didn’t think Dunfermline were any better today, than they were earlier in the season at EEP, tbh 

I’m at stage now where if we were able to keep Nouble till summer I would fancy us and that’s crazy. But he’s going to be a big miss. We done great the second half of last season without him and had top 4 form but we will have to change how we play without Nouble taking us up the park the way he does. On plus side we have Nicky Low to come back 

I’m at stage now where if we were able to keep Nouble till summer I would fancy us and that’s crazy. But he’s going to be a big miss. We done great the second half of last season without him and had top 4 form but we will have to change how we play without Nouble taking us up the park the way he does. On plus side we have Nicky Low to come back 

It’ll be different but still effective.