Are football fans and boards too impatient ?

15 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Fact check - Hopkin resigned.

I had a quick Google of how Hopkin left. BBC website just says - "Whilst the terms of our discussions with David Hopkin remain confidential, we respect his views and would like to put on record our thanks for his efforts and wish him well for the future," read a club statement.

Not particularly enlightening.

24 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I had a quick Google of how Hopkin left. BBC website just says - "Whilst the terms of our discussions with David Hopkin remain confidential, we respect his views and would like to put on record our thanks for his efforts and wish him well for the future," read a club statement.

Not particularly enlightening.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/david-hopkin-quits-boss-ayr-24945171.amp

This is from the daily record which cites he resigned.

Also below is from voice of reason who is our tame local press person from the Ayrshire Post. He cites that Hopkin parted company with the club rather than the other way around.

It was also well known that Hopkin chucked his rattles out following the home game we lost to Raith after getting it tight from the support and the Chairman attempted to talk him into staying. I'm sure Smith confirmed this but I can't find it.

Finally, when it comes to the Championship, the BBC knows f**k all.

Edit - on my last point. Today the BBC cites that Jim Duffy had 2 wins in the last 12, it is actually 2 wins in the last 13.

Edited by Trogdor

On 19/12/2021 at 17:55, smc4761 said:

Fair do's Rice and Hopkin resigned but I believe that both would have been punted anyway, especially Rice, who is a puddin

Our chairman asked Hopkin to reconsider, he was nowhere near getting sacked. 

10 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

These are both true.

I wasn't disputing the truth of it. The custom and practice is that you count between the last win when calculating a winless run or a bad run. In the league its 1 win in 12. Add the Cup win. Its 2 wins in 13. Its not difficult, deciding to count the league run as 1 win in 11 is random in the extreme. Look at the results for yourself:

Screenshot_20211221-091827_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5ebfb30bbdca4f3e48b32a8d7ad54e1a.jpg

That 0-0 draw with Morton isn't a win. The only rational explanation is maybe they are counting from when Duffy was made permanent manager rather than caretaker? However, if so they should make it a bit clearer imo. 

It's a stinking run either way tbf.

Edited by Trogdor

• 1 month later...
On 19/12/2021 at 12:53, smc4761 said:

Are we as football fans too impatient with our teams; are boards too quick to sack managers hoping for instant success

So far in our league Killie, Morton. Ayr, Accies, Dunfermline have punted their managers. Thats 50% of managers gone already and most only in their jobs for less than 2 years. Is the QOS manager safe, what about Doddsy at Inverness.

How long should a manger be given. I appreciate that it is different times but old firm had managers for 40 years +, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd had managers for about 10 years.

Apart from Dick Campbell,Ian McCall and John Mcglyn the others may be on a shooglie nail

On 19/12/2021 at 18:23, Get_The_Subs_On said:

Yes

Both a symptom of a new era of entitlement in general 

It’s sad to see poorly paid Scottish managers go the way of the English Premiership - big difference being the managers down there are set for life, up here it impacts their livelihood

The situation on the St Johnstone thread shows absolutely no-one is safe from this nonsense  

I for one regret with every passing league win that Greenock Morton Football Club didn't keep that gormless tit Gus McPherson in his job indefinitely, for the sake of his livelihood.

More dung managers should be emptied more often. 

Are we as football fans too impatient with our teams; are boards too quick to sack managers hoping for instant success
So far in our league Killie, Morton. Ayr, Accies, Dunfermline have punted their managers. Thats 50% of managers gone already and most only in their jobs for less than 2 years. Is the QOS manager safe, what about Doddsy at Inverness.
How long should a manger be given. I appreciate that it is different times but old firm had managers for 40 years +, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd had managers for about 10 years.
Apart from Dick Campbell,Ian McCall and John Mcglyn the others may be on a shooglie nail

TLDR

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/02/2022 at 15:31, virginton said:

I for one regret with every passing league win that Greenock Morton Football Club didn't keep that gormless tit Gus McPherson in his job indefinitely, for the sake of his livelihood.

More dung managers should be emptied more often. 

Running update: Greenock Morton recorded just 13 points from 18 league matches under the useless, baldy tit Gus McPherson who was cruelly axed, (followed by the janny caretaker). 

Then we appointed a real manager, who has since secured 18 points from the following 9 games. Literally the worst team in the league being transformed into the best, by simply emptying the dinosaur, haddy manager responsible. 

You hate to see it happen. 

68461480be32663605a4773763722339.jpg.0c58f3804e91d65a3be724a047aea567.jpg