God Save The Queen

Lex

9 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Balmoral's only 20 odd miles up the road from me - may take my dog a wee walk up by the nearby pyramids later and watch the world's media. 

Plus the bakery at adjacent Crathie now do the best rowies going since the sad demise of Aitkens, due to Prince Andrew type behaviour from their chief.

Deeside's had the new PM, the Tour of Britain and now this all within a week.

Crathes?

This may be the start of a long overdue correction in British life.  By that I mean the unquestioning adoration of the monarchy and how it is reported, especially by the BBC, to a general public which for a sizeable and growing number has steadily moved away to a position of polite but firm indifference to the Royal Family. 

Similarly, the continuing deference to religion in a nation which in meaningful engagement has all but given up on the Christian faith, yet still we have undemocratic anomalies like bishops being enshrined as members of the unelected House of Lords, but in general failing miserably to hold politicians to account on tenets of their faith like soaring poverty and the treatment of asylum seekers.

And last, but by no means least, the baleful political influence of the right-wing media, especially newspapers, completely at odds with their plummeting circulation figures.

I said it may be the start, but it probably won't as long as Sturgeon and Starmer genuflect before narrow middle-class English and Scottish opinion on events such as this.