God Save The Queen

Lex

2 minutes ago, Antlion said:

What’ll you be doing to celebrate the survival of your feudal betters, Lex? Having another go on this? 

4AAE0D28-B93F-4C35-B4B4-1ACDD1DF1844.jpeg

Still, at least you're taklng it well.

Took the boy to Vogrie Country Park yesterday and they are having a public party next weekend.  That's the first event like that I've seen advertised for the Jubilee.

4 minutes ago, Lex said:

Still, at least you're taklng it well.

Taking what well? The fact Lizzie Windsor hasn’t dropped dead yet or the relative dearth of celebrations across my local area (and the west of Scotland generally)?

2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

We've just come out of a pandemic and there are a lot of people disconnected maybe even lost their wife or husband during the last two years and are struggling by themselves. I would put mental health as more of a priority than an individual's beliefs on royalty or where ever their political choices are.

What has this to do with someone publicly advertising an event based on celebrating the institution of monarchy? Have you any evidence this person has lost a loved one during the last two years? Have you any evidence that they are struggling?

6 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Totally objectionable. He/she/it is obviously not prepared to listen Div.

His disrespect is on a par with an occasion a few years back when we were playing Celtic on Armistice Sunday and a small section of their fans started booing during the minutes silence.

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

His disrespect is on a par with an occasion a few years back when we were playing Celtic on Armistice Sunday and a small section of their fans started booing during the minutes silence.

Respect is earned. I don’t see members of the royal family doing much to earn it.

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

You first??

I have absolutely none. I have no idea what this person’s situation is - for all I know, they’re a well-loved part of the community. They’ve opted to open up their garden for people to come and sing and ensure the queen has a wonderful jubilee (although the details on how she’ll be affected by strangers singing old favourites in a garden in North Ayrshire isn’t made clear).

The fact that they’ve publicly advertised this event suggests to me that they’re eager for others to come and join in - which strikes me as odd, sad, and desperately creepy. If it suggests to you that they’ve lost someone in the pandemic, fair play - but I don’t get that from their surreal exhortations to flag-waving jollity. I just get sadness expressed in an unsettling display (much as I would if a stranger publicly took out an ad in the paper inviting people to come and sing for the nobility in their garden).

Why should Glasgow waste money on celebrating a taxpayer funded millionaire anyway? City's full of foodbanks and barely reliable refuse collection. To f**k with that. People can toast their inferiority in private if they want.

5 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Why should Glasgow waste money on celebrating a taxpayer funded millionaire anyway? City's full of foodbanks and barely reliable refuse collection. To f**k with that. People can toast their inferiority in private if they want.

The majority of events in Glasgow appear to be church-related. I’m not religious but find this confusing - I thought Lizzie was head of the Church of England but NOT in Scotland; don’t they make play of her being just a regular member of the church? I could be off here as I don’t know the relationship, but it seems odd that it’s largely only a handful of churches that are rolling out the bunting to sing hymns and sermons praising Christ for providing a magic-blooded divine entity to reign over inferior peoples.

6 minutes ago, Antlion said:

The majority of events in Glasgow appear to be church-related. I’m not religious but find this confusing - I thought Lizzie was head of the Church of England but NOT in Scotland; don’t they make play of her being just a regular member of the church? I could be off here as I don’t know the relationship, but it seems odd that it’s largely only a handful of churches that are rolling out the bunting to sing hymns and sermons praising Christ for providing a magic-blooded divine entity to reign over inferior peoples.

Jesus is head of the church of Scotland.

Just now, Duries Air Freshener said:

I'm a member of the Free Church and our minister is fully on board with the celebrations.

I thought one of their founding principles was that nobody should come between man and God, a position the Queen claims to hold.