God Save The Queen

Lex

45 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Did you not cause enough trouble with your first post?

This will cause more heads gone than a seethers convention...

Reigned over us

Been happy and glorious

Cut umpteen ribbons

Asked multiple people "And what do you do"

Declared any amount of things open

Launched ships (some of which belonged to her)

Shaken more hands than the rest of us put together

Knighted hunners and hunners of folk (some of whom deserved it)

Visited all parts of her realm, including foreign bits (and the RoI)

Seen off 6 popes

Had 14 prime ministers plead allegiance to her

She also has her prisons, armed forces, revenue, judiciary etc to look after

Bred enough corgies and dorgies to run her own Crufts

Seen most of her overseas possessions up sticks and leave, but still remain part of her club

Inherited a fantastic stamp collection from her grandfather

I'm sure there may be other things

:lol:

You missed "conspired to have her gold-digging slut of a daughter in law assassinated" 

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

You missed "conspired to have her gold-digging slut of a daughter in law assassinated" 

I did say "there may be others"...

2 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

I knew there was more to her than just being able to shake hands and travel. Good cover for an assassin, I suppose.

Poisin coated gloves, imho

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/royal-family/knitted-queen-platinum-jubilee-where-to-see-b2090960.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/royal-family/queen-platinum-jubilee-life-sized-cake-b2091074.html

Anyone creeped out by these especially the first one? :blink:

A life-size woollen Queen complete with a corgi created by a group of knitters for the Platinum Jubilee is proving a hit with locals in Holmes Chapel, Cheshire (Peter Byrne/PA)

A life-size woollen Queen complete with a corgi created by a group of knitters for the Platinum Jubilee is proving a hit with locals in Holmes Chapel, Cheshire (Peter Byrne/PA)
(PA Wire)

Lara Mason needed five days to make the Queen cake (Fabio De Paola)

God I want to set them on fire

Just now, strichener said:

It's ironic that those that are quite obviously seething about the queen and royalty are the same ones that post about gammon brexiteers.

That’s not really what irony is.

1 minute ago, Antlion said:

That’s not really what irony is.

It is to me.

It's also ironically appropriate that you were the first to reply since you are the epitome of the type that I was speaking about.

8 minutes ago, strichener said:

It is to me.

It's also ironically appropriate that you were the first to reply since you are the epitome of the type that I was speaking about.

So you make up your own meaning for words.  Not sure if that’s ironic but it’s crazy.

6 minutes ago, strichener said:

It is to me.

You might want to look up what irony is, then. It refers to an incongruity between the actual results of a sequence of events and the usual (or expected) results. You can’t just go making up your own definition and applying that to people being angry or visibly opposed to a political situation versus those being angry or visibly opposed to a constitutional one. There is literally no irony in that; folk who laugh at those that get red-faced over something like Brexit or imagined wokeness aren’t somehow unable to find the institution of monarchy and its media saturation ridiculous, nor is it surprising that they would.

5 minutes ago, strichener said:

It is to me.

Well on the one hand there's the perfectly rational dislike of a head of state selected purely by the accident of their birth, and as admitted by their fan boys has achieved absolutely nothing with her life despite all the incredible advantages and assets at her disposal. And on the other there's going the colour of overcooked ham at the thought of someone in your street/bus/hospital/pub speaking Romanian.

giphy (29).gif

1 minute ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Well on the one hand there's the perfectly rational dislike of a head of state selected purely by the accident of their birth, and as admitted by their fan boys has achieved absolutely nothing with her life despite all the incredible advantages and assets at her disposal. And on the other there's going the colour of overcooked ham at the thought of someone in your street/bus/hospital/pub speaking Romanian.

giphy (29).gif

Oh, now you’re just defenestrating.

(That’s not what defenestration is? Well, it is to me!)

Things that aren't ironic: 

rain on your wedding day
a free ride when you've already paid
good advice that you just didn't take

and

25 minutes ago, strichener said:

It's ironic that those that are quite obviously seething about the queen and royalty are the same ones that post about gammon brexiteers.

4 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Did you not cause enough trouble with your first post?

This will cause more heads gone than a seethers convention...

Reigned over us

Been happy and glorious

Cut umpteen ribbons

Asked multiple people "And what do you do"

Declared any amount of things open

Launched ships (some of which belonged to her)

Shaken more hands than the rest of us put together

Knighted hunners and hunners of folk (some of whom deserved it)

Visited all parts of her realm, including foreign bits (and the RoI)

Seen off 6 popes

Had 14 prime ministers plead allegiance to her

She also has her prisons, armed forces, revenue, judiciary etc to look after

Bred enough corgies and dorgies to run her own Crufts

Seen most of her overseas possessions up sticks and leave, but still remain part of her club

Inherited a fantastic stamp collection from her grandfather

I'm sure there may be other things

:lol:

You forgot sitting through dozens of Royal Variety Performances - even as a republican I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

45 minutes ago, Antlion said:

You might want to look up what irony is, then. It refers to an incongruity between the actual results of a sequence of events and the usual (or expected) results. You can’t just go making up your own definition and applying that to people being angry or visibly opposed to a political situation versus those being angry or visibly opposed to a constitutional one. There is literally no irony in that; folk who laugh at those that get red-faced over something like Brexit or imagined wokeness aren’t somehow unable to find the institution of monarchy and its media saturation ridiculous, nor is it surprising that they would.

This is definitely the type of post you should make to show that you're not bothered....

2 minutes ago, Dale B Cooper said:

Well, that's ironic...

Especially when I didn’t say that I was “not bothered” 🤔 (on contrary, the ongoing existence of a monarchy I do find bothersome). But this is the Durries Freshosaur alias that just has to comment on everything, everywhere, all the time, no matter how inanely. Almost makes you prefer the other Durries account, which at least just sticks to hyperactive Torymania.

I have thought very carefully about watching with @Lex but have eschewed that opportunity in favour of Andrew Matt's "New Elizabethans".

However, with barely two minutes elapsed Mr Marr has declared and I quote "during her long reign the queen has presided over a period of unrivalled peace and prosperity"

I think he forgot about the constant fighting, including a civil war, over the whole time and to what end? .... foodbanks.

If only we'd beaten Iceland in any of the cod wars, we'd have enough to eat.