Lichties vs Accies, Wednesday 9th February

Yes, I agree to an extent and, as I've said many times, I can't wait for us all to get back, but there is a big difference in these comparisons isn't there?
You don't go to shopping centres, cinemas, restaurants etc etc to see a live show/performance that relies on there being fit participants? Any restaurant, even pre-covid, will shut if all or most of their staff are sick.
My point in all of this (and it's already there for all to see) is - what's the point of unresticted crowds if there's nothing to watch? No matter how mild it is, with current restrictions in regard to isolation etc, the more people that get Covid, the more players get Covid, the less likely we are to get to go to games.

They’re on the pitch , we’re in the stands , OUTDOORS

No politician in their right mind is going to go out of their way to annoy football fans. We’re a notoriously thin skinned bunch. I’m absolutely sure that our government had agonised long and hard about what to restrict and how effective it might be. They haven’t hidden from scrutiny in Scotland.

Run by a bunch of idiots who have some sort of hatred towards football / football fans and anyone trying to enjoy themselves

Getting ganged up on by the three Covid deniers. Hilarious.
Mate, it's you and your Covid denier pals that need to "give it a rest". Every thread ruined and politicised by your "F*cK sTurgeOn and sWinNey, tHey HatE FiTb@ fAns" pish.
I've had Covid and had my 3 shots so not denying anything but there was nothing data driven or scientific when making up this pish for the football. Why can I still go to a shopping centre or pile into a pub or go out for a meal but can only have 500 of us at an outdoor football ground is madness. It was all down to pushing the old firm game back.

I've had Covid and had my 3 shots so not denying anything but there was nothing data driven or scientific when making up this pish for the football. Why can I still go to a shopping centre or pile into a pub or go out for a meal but can only have 500 of us at an outdoor football ground is madness. It was all down to pushing the old firm game back.

You’ve hit the Nail on the head

4 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Yes, I agree to an extent and, as I've said many times, I can't wait for us all to get back, but there is a big difference in these comparisons isn't there?

You don't go to shopping centres, cinemas, restaurants etc etc to see a live show/performance that relies on there being fit participants? Any restaurant, even pre-covid, will shut if all or most of their staff are sick.

My point in all of this (and it's already there for all to see) is - what's the point of unresticted crowds if there's nothing to watch? No matter how mild it is, with current restrictions in regard to isolation etc, the more people that get Covid, the more players get Covid, the less likely we are to get to go to games.

You make a point here but again games are getting called off because of the rules in regards to isolating and close contacts etc. These need scrapped too. How long does this go on for? If you’re ill stay home, if you’ve been in contact with several people who are healthy and completely fine they should not have to isolate for TEN DAYS. It’s crazy. How can life ever return to normal (especially in the winter months) if this does not change?

2 minutes ago, Biglichtie74 said:

They’re on the pitch , we’re in the stands , OUTDOORS

Yes I know, but under current restrictions/isolation rules (pretty universal btw, not just in Scotland) if they've been diagnosed with Covid then they can't play can they? That's my point.

Yes I know, but under current restrictions/isolation rules (pretty universal btw, not just in Scotland) if they've been diagnosed with Covid then they can't play can they? That's my point.
Yes you can't play with no squad but that's got zero to do with crowds at the games when they go ahead.

3 hours ago, lichtiekev said:

f**k off,
Nouble and Dowds last games maybe....
It's getting played

Exactly why this horrible Hamilton team have went out of there way to get this game off(In my opinion).After the way they were carrying on in the last game they are rapidly becoming my new pet hate.

Just now, Hayshead2 said:

Exactly why this horrible Hamilton team have went out of there way to get this game off(In my opinion).After the way they were carrying on in the last game they are rapidly becoming my new pet hate.

It looks like it’s a mix of Covid and injuries. I’d like to know exactly how many are Covid related. 

3 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:
7 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Yes you can't play with no squad but that's got zero to do with crowds at the games when they go ahead.

But it does. As I said earlier - players are members of the public and will mix with as many people as we all do. This will increase their chance of getting Covid or being in close contact with someone who has Covid and, under current (*imo ott) rules this means they are going to be unavailable for a while. Just like if we are in an environment with loads of others it increases our chance of the same.

*I think the current restrictions are ott by the way but they are what they are and it appears that (all/most) governments are being ultra cautious at the moment.

Hopefully in 3 weeks this will be over and we can all be pals again.

2 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

But it does. As I said earlier - players are members of the public and will mix with as many people as we all do. This will increase their chance of getting Covid or being in close contact with someone who has Covid and, under current (*imo ott) rules this means they are going to be unavailable for a while. Just like if we are in an environment with loads of others it increases our chance of the same.

*I think the current restrictions are ott by the way but they are what they are and it appears that (all/most) governments are being ultra cautious at the moment.

I can see this running well into February unfortunately 

None of the players are close contacts to the fans or vice versa. None of them are getting Covid from fans at a game. If they get it it will be from being out in the shops, family contacts etc. To say I'm safer going to the pub than being at the ground is clearly false.

10 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I can see this running well into February unfortunately 

If this goes on much longer than mid-January then I will well and truly join the ranks of dissenters. We will have 4m+ boosted by then and if omicron is as mild as it looks there can be absolutely no justification for it.

3 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

If this goes on much longer than mid-January then I will well and truly join the ranks of dissenters. We will have 4m+ boosted by then and if omicron is as mild as it looks there can be absolutely no justification for it.

My worry is that eligible folk won’t take up their booster as they see it being pointless as we are still under restrictions. Hope I’m wrong 

11 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:
16 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

None of the players are close contacts to the fans or vice versa. None of them are getting Covid from fans at a game. If they get it it will be from being out in the shops, family contacts etc. To say I'm safer going to the pub than being at the ground is clearly false.

No one is suggesting that players get covid from fans during games.

Meanwhile back on topic away from all the Covid talk. Think it was more to do with Accies injured players than Covid. I think we have 12 out injured at moment. No aware of any Covid issues at club

Having said that cant think of many games being postponed due to large number of injuries.

Glad it off, of course, Litchies on a great run and going great and we  are pish. Maybe Jon Rankin can help turn this under performing shower of shite, but wont hold my breath. Cant see many queuing up to sign for Accies either in transfer window