Lichties vs Accies, Wednesday 9th February

42 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Nonsense, just register your goalkeeper as an outfield player and get your assistant manager to register as a player too, there's 2 players right there.

I have a degree of sympathy for Dundee. That game should never have gone ahead with your situation. Will be interesting to see what Hamilton had available in comparison.

We weren't far off for our game v Morton with a bench consisting of our 49 year old coach Rab Douglas (who was also standing in for the Campbell's who were both out of the dugaout with Covid), Nicky Low who isn't fully fit coming back from inury and two fit outfield players - Harrison Clark and 38 year old Gavin Swankie.

Having said that, some of our support think there should be unrestricted fans in the ground (just because that's how it is in England.... for the moment) and, no doubt, would be happy with infected players on the park. Not even realising for one minute that this is the sort of reckless BoJo "freedom day", nae masks populist type crap that is prolonging this entire shit-show.

Edited by Tattie36

Having said that, some of our support think there should be unrestricted fans in the ground (just because that's how it is in England.... for the moment) and, no doubt, would be happy with infected players on the park. Not even realising for one minute that this is the sort of reckless BoJo "freedom day", nae masks populist type crap that is prolonging this entire shit-show.

What an absolutely bizarre statement. Who’s happy for players to play whilst infected with covid?[emoji23]
And aye, it’s DEFINITELY crowds at the football prolonging this absolute shit show and not an inability to just get on with it.

4 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

What an absolutely bizarre statement. Who’s happy for players to play whilst infected with covid?emoji23.png
And aye, it’s DEFINITELY crowds at the football prolonging this absolute shit show and not an inability to just get on with it.

Tell me who exactly these unrestricted crowds will be watching then?

About 50% of games in England are currently being canned due to Covid in the teams. You can have as many fans in the ground as you like but if the teams can't get enough fit players together then what?

About 50% of games in England are currently being canned due to Covid in the teams. You can have as many fans in the ground as you like but if the teams can't get enough fit players together then what?
They won't get infected every week though. Having 500 at the games or 5000 isn't going to make any difference to the pandemic.

1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

I have a degree of sympathy for Dundee. That game should never have gone ahead with your situation. Will be interesting to see what Hamilton had available in comparison.

We weren't far off for our game v Morton with a bench consisting of our 49 year old coach Rab Douglas (who was also standing in for the Campbell's who were both out of the dugaout with Covid), Nicky Low who isn't fully fit coming back from inury and two fit outfield players - Harrison Clark and 38 year old Gavin Swankie.

Honestly give it a rest. Prolonging what shit show, it’s here forever, until the end of our lifetimes. The fact politicians and people like yourself think you can control a respiratory virus and people’s behaviours is incredible, how deluded do you have to be to actually think any of these rules make the slightest bit of difference. It’ll go up in the winter and down in the summer like every single year before. The rules are that stupid in the first place but even the ones in place are not being followed f**k me man. Everyone I know on Saturday, instead of going to the game, went out into packed pubs or peoples houses to watch it. How is that any better than going to the actual game? Again it’s all so politicised, people are so dense it’s ridiculous. 

eta - I can’t stand Boris, but thank f**k a politician is finally prepared to go against all the bedwetters and let people get on with their lives. We’re going to be in this position forever if people like you had their way

Edited by 1320Lichtie

3 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:
13 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

They won't get infected every week though. Having 500 at the games or 5000 isn't going to make any difference to the pandemic.

This view absoltely boggles my mind. Fitba players are members of the public too, ergo the more infected people there are in the general population..... do I need to go on?

I would love as much as anyone to have unrestricted fans back, and I believe we will soon, but to act as if there's nothing wrong and we just need to "get on with it" isn't a realistic option for the next few weeks.

I truly believe that by mid Jan, we will have 4m+ boosted, and omicron will have peaked and will have (definitely) been found to have been comparitively mild. Doesn't change the fact that at the moment teams can't even get players on the park and having unrestricted crowds would definitely make this even worse e.g. see what's happening in England.

I don’t think there’s any correlation between the amount of fans in attendance & amount of players available. I watched our game on Boxing Day in a fairly busy pub, so having games behind closed doors or whatever is completely pointless and only done as a token gesture.

This view absoltely boggles my mind. Fitba players are members of the public too, ergo the more infected people there are in the general population..... do I need to go on?
I would love as much as anyone to have unrestricted fans back, and I believe we will soon, but to act as if there's nothing wrong and we just need to "get on with it" isn't a realistic option for the next few weeks.
I truly believe that by mid Jan, we will have 4m+ boosted, and omicron will have peaked and will have (definitely) been found to have been comparitively mild. Doesn't change the fact that at the moment teams can't even get players on the park and having unrestricted crowds would definitely make this even worse e.g. see what's happening in England.
The players won't be infected by the crowd though. The country is basically going along as normal. You can go shopping, go to the pub, cinema etc all indoor activities but not to the football. That's what boggles my mind.

Getting ganged up on by the three Covid deniers. Hilarious.

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Honestly give it a rest.

Mate, it's you and your Covid denier pals that need to "give it a rest". Every thread ruined and politicised by your "F*cK sTurgeOn and sWinNey, tHey HatE FiTb@ fAns" pish.

Mate, it's you and your Covid denier pals that need to "give it a rest". Every thread ruined and politicised by your "F*cK sTurgeOn and sWinNey, tHey HatE FiTb@ fAns" pish.

Ahahaha. Mckennas new contract must have ruined your Christmas

21 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

The fact politicians and people like yourself think you can control a respiratory virus and people’s behaviours is incredible

I think maybe you can and if you think about it for a second you might just see there's a connection between the spread of the virus and - guess what.......people's behaviour. 

Have I missed something, or have you yet to share your pearls of wisdom on this point...?

Edited by DUAFC

6 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Who has denied Covid or the fact it exists? How is being pro choice when it comes to vaccines an anti Vaxxer? 

I fully believe in Covid and know it can be a dangerous disease for people, just like a whole load of other things. But for the vast vast vast majority of people it just isn’t. The average age of death with it is older than life expectancy in this country. The response of politicians and governments are ridiculous.

People should be allowed to make their own decisions, there were 37 people in critical care after testing positive within 28 days the day Sturgeon made her announcement, that was lower than what it was during COP26. We are a country of 5.5 million people ffs. All this focus and obsession on Covid has lead to much larger health problems for vritually everything else too, delayed and missed treatments and diagnosis. 

It’s genuinely turned into some bizarre cult and it’s been politicised beyond belief. We are absolutely fucked forever if people’s attitudes don’t change and they actually think for themselves for a minute. Hopefully Johnson’s decision is the start of the end out of this madness. But it probably won’t be because it’s an easy way to attack him politically for so many people

Don’t think any of them are covid deniers , it’s obviously a real thing. It’s just ridiculous that your no allowed into the football but can go to shopping centres / cinemas / restaurants

No politician in their right mind is going to go out of their way to annoy football fans. We’re a notoriously thin skinned bunch. I’m absolutely sure that our government had agonised long and hard about what to restrict and how effective it might be. They haven’t hidden from scrutiny in Scotland.

3 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

No politician in their right mind is going to go out of their way to annoy football fans. We’re a notoriously thin skinned bunch. I’m absolutely sure that our government had agonised long and hard about what to restrict and how effective it might be. They haven’t hidden from scrutiny in Scotland.

They don’t need to. They’ve got a cult following that’ll support her every word 

From a former SNP member

5 minutes ago, Biglichtie74 said:

Don’t think any of them are covid deniers , it’s obviously a real thing. It’s just ridiculous that your no allowed into the football but can go to shopping centres / cinemas / restaurants

Yes, I agree to an extent and, as I've said many times, I can't wait for us all to get back, but there is a big difference in these comparisons isn't there?

You don't go to shopping centres, cinemas, restaurants etc etc to see a live show/performance that relies on there being fit participants? Any restaurant, even pre-covid, will shut if all or most of their staff are sick.

My point in all of this (and it's already there for all to see) is - what's the point of unresticted crowds if there's nothing to watch? No matter how mild it is, with current restrictions in regard to isolation etc, the more people that get Covid, the more players get Covid, the less likely we are to get to go to games.