Board games

Thinking of buying something decent in the new year for me and the good lady.  We've got into an awfy habit of just watching netflix once we get the wee man down at nights before I service her.

Hoping for something quite complex.  I'd imagine it's probably a niche market?

Bit of a long shot, but is anyone into board games at all?  And if so, any advice?

22 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:

If it's a two player game you're after, I suggest Mr Jack by Hurrican games. 

Might be difficult to find a copy, but nothing says I love you more than a game based on Jack The Ripper.

It is a bit imbalanced so I recommend the expansion pack.

Yours

aDONis 

That looks like a really cool game mate - thankyou.

Getting the wife to agree to something so dark might be a challenge though.

Got Nostalgia for Christmas, just a quiz board game with questions by the decade. Got the Logo Game too, thought it was just going to be a 'guess the logo' thing but it was much better than that; questions about brands and products etc. 

4 hours ago, Scott Steiner said:

Thinking of buying something decent in the new year for me and the good lady.  We've got into an awfy habit of just watching netflix once we get the wee man down at nights before I service her.

Bit of a long shot, but is anyone into board games at all?  And if so, any advice?

"Thoughtwave" is a great game.  You would probably have to go online to find it.

Dunno if it's a two player game but 'Ticket To Ride' takes a couple of times reading the instructions before you get it. The first play through takes a while as well but after you 'get it' it's a pretty quick game and surprisingly enjoyable/infuriating (which you'll understand if you play).

7 hours ago, Scott Steiner said:

So little being made of this part…

10 hours ago, Scott Steiner said:

Nostalgia sounds good too.. think I've come across it before at some point!

13 hours ago, Scott Steiner said:

We've got into an awfy habit of just watching netflix once we get the wee man down at nights before I service her.

Seems you've already cracked the language of a long time ago, right enough. 

Ticket to ride is a truly great game, but i find it's better with more than two players.

Mr Jack isn't a dark game at all.  I play it with the kids.

A good intro to co-operative games are Forbidden Island and Forbidden Desert (they are also quite cheap at about £20 a piece).  They can both be played by 2 players.

Personally i love King of Tokyo or King of New York, however they again are better with more players.

Last night we played an expanded version of Cluedo, the tweeks they've made with the 'chance' deck and charcter abilities have really improved it.

Yours

aDONis 

34 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:

Ticket to ride is a truly great game, but i find it's better with more than two players.

Mr Jack isn't a dark game at all.  I play it with the kids.

A good intro to co-operative games are Forbidden Island and Forbidden Desert (they are also quite cheap at about £20 a piece).  They can both be played by 2 players.

Personally i love King of Tokyo or King of New York, however they again are better with more players.

Last night we played an expanded version of Cluedo, the tweeks they've made with the 'chance' deck and charcter abilities have really improved it.

Yours

aDONis 

Have you not got a telly?