WWE PPV Thread

FifeArab

Ended up getting a last minute ticket and really enjoyed myself. That finish though, f**k me. 

The biggest possible open goal and they’ve gone full Sam Lammers. You will not get a chance like that again, and doing it AFTER the loss in Wales is just insane to me. 

Good show overall though, dare to even imagine how much it’ll cost if they return.

It's almost an entire rerun of the Cardiff stuff in that they probably made generally the wrong decision, but long-term it is probably the right one for the booking track they've put themselves on.  I haven't really been keeping up with the WWE product much, but seems like Gunther has a shot at the WHC at Summerslam.  You're probably also wanting Punk vs Drew there as a marquee match in some form, so those two things probably don't really go together.  You probably have to have Priest as champion for Gunther to beat, keeping Drew free to face Punk.  

But...you're handed such an amazing opportunity, twice really, but the second one is just gilt edged.  Punk clearly needs to be handled very delicately so he doesn't find another muscle to tear, so would having Drew vs Gunther be so bad at Summerslam and have him drop it there via Punk shenanigans?  

What I did like though was WWE suddenly waking up their commentary team to try and sell it like it was JBL goose-stepping in Germany.  Wade Barret (of all people) making out like there was going to be a riot moments before Punk is pictured getting a cuddle off the audience.  Maybe they're just too used to the flag shagging over in the US, as outside of that guy exuberantly trying to show Punk his best middle fingers, there just seemed a reaction of "well...f**k".  

I didn't get a proper look at the show, sped through it after the Italy game last night, but thought they made the place look brilliant.  Looked crammed full, crowd was constantly noisy, and everyone seemed incredibly close to the ring going by the angles they chose.  Nice moment for Fyre and Dawn (particularly after what happened to her mother a few weeks back, great moment), about as good an I Quit match as you can get with that stipulation.  Good stuff, even if it did just end up feeling like a bit of an elevated house show like we thought it might.

17 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

The most victimised man in the world has decided he's a Celtic man? A shocking turn of events 

It would have made more sense to have a celtic supporting Priest mind you. 

• 3 weeks later...