ICT v RRFC…..

Comfortable 1st half and seemed like we would just do enough in the 2nd but we let it slip.

Neither keeper had much to do until the second half, we really need to be taking the chances we made. 

if there’s a positive to take for Rovers from this it’s that we at least made some chances, Williamson continues to impress, Stanton not as hot as last week.

That’s tough to take. Three league games against Caley now where we’ve seemed to be comfortably seeing things out and they’ve randomly blootered one into the corner from distance late on.

Arguably a defeat/draw were the correct results before. On this occasion we merited the win for me. Blew far too many openings in the second half, Tumilty and Arnott with the obvious ones but Poplatnik had several chances to either shoot or play someone in and took the wrong choice every single time. Including just before their goal.

In isolation a draw at Caley isn’t a bad result. But we’re struggling for points right now and need to pull some good results out the bag to get us back to ‘par’. 2/9 from the quarter isn’t good enough for the title race, and it’s yet more points dropped in the last 15 minutes. See out the Partick/ICT games in the last month alone and we’re joint top, yet instead we’re only clinging to the play-offs because of Patrick’s postponements. Thin margins win you titles and we’re coming out on the wrong side too often right now.

We will, genuinely, never beat Inverness. I thought I’d made peace with it last season where we were significantly better than them but came out with one point. Turns out the Rovers will always find a way to kick you in the bollocks.

3 minutes ago, Paco said:

That’s tough to take. Three league games against Caley now where we’ve seemed to be comfortably seeing things out and they’ve randomly blootered one into the corner from distance late on.

Arguably a defeat/draw were the correct results before. On this occasion we merited the win for me. Blew far too many openings in the second half, Tumilty and Arnott with the obvious ones but Poplatnik had several chances to either shoot or play someone in and took the wrong choice every single time. Including just before their goal.

In isolation a draw at Caley isn’t a bad result. But we’re struggling for points right now and need to pull some good results out the bag to get us back to ‘par’. 2/9 from the quarter isn’t good enough for the title race, and it’s yet more points dropped in the last 15 minutes. See out the Partick/ICT games in the last month alone and we’re joint top, yet instead we’re only clinging to the play-offs because of Patrick’s postponements. Thin margins win you titles and we’re coming out on the wrong side too often right now.

We will, genuinely, never beat Inverness. I thought I’d made peace with it last season where we were significantly better than them but came out with one point. Turns out the Rovers will always find a way to kick you in the bollocks.

I was probably a fair bit more cynical of our title credentials even when we were winning games. For me, it's about making sure we don't f**k up so badly we miss the play offs tbh.

17 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

That was fucking disgusting once again. We need about 4 attacking players brought in this month. 

Duku and Sutherland need released. Neither are good enough for this level.

Duku at least has a bit of a nuisance factor. Not a starter but could maybe do something once in a while. Sutherland I agree is done. Offers nothing.

We were doing better with crosses. But the amount Harper wasted not crossing, shows he's no winger. 

The other thing that nips my baws something rotten is how, with guys like Ross, Connolly and Zanatta in our squad who can all strike a ball elegantly and with real technical ability - and a team that can have two or three big centre backs who are good in the air.... how is it that our dead balls are so fucking poor.

We started that game with the most defensive midfield combination I’ve ever seen. Carson and Allardice is fine for a scrap with Arbroath but when you’re playing a good passing team like RR it just doesn’t work. Allardice didn’t look himself but possibly isolated. Add a left back into the midfield and a winger who seems to have lost all confidence on beating a player (Walsh) and you end up with what we produced today. Ok there’s  been huge disruption with covid which may still be affecting boys but Shane looked knackered, Billy looked lonesome. Hope they use Roddy in an attacking sense in the middle - him and Reece might give a bit of creativity in that Midfield. 

20 minutes ago, Paco said:

You could add failing to beat both Queen of the South and The Pars this season when they have been truly awful and recorded about 5 wins between them this season. 

The draw was fair, surprised at Ross's sub as he was a handful, injury? Williamson has talent but he needs to cool it and let his game do the talking.

I've not much to say about our performance prior to our goal, good goal and suddenly it looked like a different Caley team had showed up?

How about MacDonald in goal, Raith one up and he looks like he's in slo mo for every goal kick, ref even has a word with him and then we score and he starts to look like someone has shoved a lit catherine wheel up his arse. 

Duku.

6 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

The draw was fair, surprised at Ross's sub as he was a handful, injury? Williamson has talent but he needs to cool it and let his game do the talking.

I've not much to say about our performance prior to our goal, good goal and suddenly it looked like a different Caley team had showed up?

How about MacDonald in goal, Raith one up and he looks like he's in slo mo for every goal kick, ref even has a word with him and then we score and he starts to look like someone has shoved a lit catherine wheel up his arse. 

Duku.

Like literally any other goalie in the same situation, aye?

Ross was an injury. Took a hefty "professional foul" and looked to be struggling after it.

As did Allardice. Was refreshing to see an opponent players hobbling off too, it’s usually just our players going off with niggles after being halved by someone. 

Just now, TDog said:

Terrible today. Not convinced Dodds  knows how to get the best out of the attack.  Just hoping for moments of magic or mistakes from the opposition. 

Mental we are 2nd and 2 points off top.

It’s concerning how few goals we score given our manager and assistant were a striker and a goal scoring winger.