ICT v RRFC…..

12 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

The draw was fair, surprised at Ross's sub as he was a handful, injury? Williamson has talent but he needs to cool it and let his game do the talking.

I've not much to say about our performance prior to our goal, good goal and suddenly it looked like a different Caley team had showed up?

How about MacDonald in goal, Raith one up and he looks like he's in slo mo for every goal kick, ref even has a word with him and then we score and he starts to look like someone has shoved a lit catherine wheel up his arse. 

Duku.

I assumed Ross was injured when Devine fouled him to break up an attack. When he went off we didn’t have the same useful out ball. Varian wasn’t at the races second half and the subs didn’t work for us.

And Duku to you my good man.

9 minutes ago, renton said:

Like literally any other goalie in the same situation, aye?

Ross was an injury. Took a hefty "professional foul" and looked to be struggling after it.

Ross Tokely very much approved of Devine’s tackle. Thought he might.

Edited by Scary Bear

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It’s concerning how few goals we score given our manager and assistant were a striker and a goal scoring winger. 

Ye 

I know the gardyne situation and recent injuries to doran/mcGregor haven’t helped but the lack of a plan is worrying.

Defensively we look well organised to be fair. The opposite of what I thought we were going to get this season after the cove game in July.

32 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Our inability to score more than one goal and keep a clean sheet is killing us, 

Next week now becomes must win territory

Kept a clean sheet last week and drapped  one of the cb’s 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Duku and Sutherland need released. Neither are good enough for this level.

Best thing Duku did was the one off his arse, not sure if he meant it, you lot should bin the fucker and rapidly

Edited by keyser_soze

6 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Best thing Duku did was the one off his arse, not sure if he meant it, you lot should bin the fucker and rapidly

I’m hopeful that we will. He’s clearly not good enough for the championship.

39 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Ross Tokely very much approved of Devine’s tackle. Thought he might.

I would expect nothing less from The Emperor Rosko.

I was going to ask if the pass from the bottom of Duku was caught on camera but I see it was. It fairly took my breath away.

I felt sure that David Carson was going to revert to right back for the second half as he spent the first forty five running about with little in the way of positive effect. That he was withdrawn altogether perhaps speaks of a circumstance that blunted his usual effectiveness.

I for one am very glad of a point from a performance that was mostly disappointing

36 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I’m hopeful that we will. He’s clearly not good enough for the championship.

I’d love to bin him off this month but we need at least 3 more attacking options in as the squad stands right now. He might be useless but we can’t afford to release him right now.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

I assumed Ross was injured when Devine fouled him to break up an attack. When he went off we didn’t have the same useful out ball. Varian wasn’t at the races second half and the subs didn’t work for us.

And Duku to you my good man.

If Ross hadn’t been injured we would have taken all three points today

47 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I’d love to bin him off this month but we need at least 3 more attacking options in as the squad stands right now. He might be useless but we can’t afford to release him right now.

It’s a case of getting two in quickly to replace Gardyne and McDonald, release Duku then get another striker in.

I didn't even see the equaliser as I decided thawing out was more important than watching another five minutes of that dross. Turns out I missed the most exciting part of the game!

Far too many players off form at the minute. Maybe Deas, McAlear, Allardice and Mckay get pass marks. The rest of the guys were well below where we need to be at if we are to sustain a title challenge or at least maintain our spot in the playoffs. Harper and Walsh created precious little of note although their roles did change when we move to 3 at the back at the start o the second half and both defended well but we desperately needed them to create more of note for the likes of Mckay who was living of little to no service. Duku and Sutherland were both really poor and I am surprised that Jamieson continues to be overlooked for both of them. 

The move to 3-4-3 did seem to lead to a slightly more improved performance in the second half but I felt that Walsh and Harper became too preoccupied with having to defend and weren't able to create anything of note down the flanks. For the most part we seemed content launching long balls towards Mckay, Duku and Sutherland. The latter two almost never won a header and Mckay was absolutely dominated by the excellent Berra, Musonda and Benedictus. A big difference between the sides was the Raith back three were able to find their midfield and forwards with well struck passes along the ground whereas we seemed panicked by the fact we were losing and thumped aimless balls forward with little reward.

With Gardyne and McDonald moved on in the last couple of days we desperately need reinforcements in the wide areas and after unimpressive showings again from Sutherland and Duku I wouldn't be against additional competition for the strikers and perhaps looking at moving one of them on. Duku just doesn't seem to offer anything in this side for me.

That we appeared to have scored with our first shot on target a few minutes from the end is incredibly concerning.

I’ve never really paid to much attention to this record that we have over Raith but I have to say if I was a Raith fan, after todays game, I’d be wondering if they will ever get a win in this fixture again.

We were fucking terrible for 86 mins and got lucky that one of our long balls finally didn’t land on Berras head, he must have won about 99% of his aerial battles today. Raith were by far the better team and deserved all 3 points.

We ended up having 5 up top and somehow scored an undeserved equaliser, nice strike tbf (as was the opening goal) and somehow we could have taken all 3 points.

Very, very lucky today and massive improvements are needed if we are going to even think about winning this league. We need players in this window very quickly too.

Also a quick shoutout to that ref. My god, he was horrendous. There was a 60 second period in the second half that had 2 of the most blatant fouls you’ll see, one for each side, and he waved both off. 

23 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I’ve never really paid to much attention to this record that we have over Raith but I have to say if I was a Raith fan, after todays game, I’d be wondering if they will ever get a win in this fixture again.

We were fucking terrible for 86 mins and got lucky that one of our long balls finally didn’t land on Berras head, he must have won about 99% of his aerial battles today. Raith were by far the better team and deserved all 3 points.

We ended up having 5 up top and somehow scored an undeserved equaliser, nice strike tbf (as was the opening goal) and somehow we could have taken all 3 points.

Very, very lucky today and massive improvements are needed if we are going to even think about winning this league. We need players in this window very quickly too.

Also a quick shoutout to that ref. My god, he was horrendous. There was a 60 second period in the second half that had 2 of the most blatant fouls you’ll see, one for each side, and he waved both off. 

The press make a big deal out of the length of time and it’s like we didn’t fucking play them for about 10 year.

Ok then.

No wins in ten years of playing each other if that's what you want?

Horrendous record irrespective of how you look at it.

I pine for the day of Didier Agathe giving Bobby Mann ten yards (or maybe it was more) of a start and still getting the ball and going on to score. Never thought I'd have to still be waiting twenty years on from then ☹️🥴

Edited by embow

12 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

The arsehole that used to be the commentator is now the stadium announcer and is still sore on the lugs, I wouldn't give him a job at the bingo.

Bingo calling will probably be where he ends up and it will be the pinnacle of his 'media'  career.

As I mentioned before, Dodds stated in the press the other week that he wouldn't be bringing in any players as he felt that his team was good enough.

After yesterday's performance that statement is utter bollocks, we need to get players in now or we can kiss cheerio to any title aspirations.

Carson inside doesn't work, that was clear within ten minutes, and to give that Duku game time at this level is ridiculous, one on one with a clear view and he taps the ball into the goalie's hands.

Nothing is working as it was earlier, a fuckin blind man could see that, Gardyne is a big miss, an opinion which I'm sure most of the fans would agree with, however that is the past and the manger needs to replace him with like for like and re-jig our set up.

Edited by SandyCromarty

14 hours ago, TDog said:

Terrible today. Not convinced Dodds  knows how to get the best out of the attack.  Just hoping for moments of magic or mistakes from the opposition. 

Mental we are 2nd and 2 points off top.

I've been thinking that over the last few games.

The 4-4-2 needs binned.  It's become so stale and predictable.  If I can guess what our line-up is going to be every week then opposition managers will be able to as well.    Duffy is much-maligned but I actually thought he was playing well until he was taken off.  I don't think Carson can play in a midfield two.  Sutherland hasn't turned up for weeks.  Duku is just pish.  Jamieson doesn't seem to ever get a chance anymore.

The worst thing though is Dodds' tactics.  It's nearly as long ball as the Brewster days.  He's talked in the past about wanting to play with wingers and have lots of crosses into the box.  That's so dated now.