The Apprentice 2022

smpar

On 08/01/2022 at 11:51, Clockwork said:

What self respecting young business entrepreneur would put themselves through this Circus. Seriously, would you take on any of these deluded narcissists?

Obviously nobody will be recruited because this show allowed them to demonstrate their business skills.

However, their CV will say they have been on the show and some recruiters will be curious to see what they are like in real life.

I am sure some will argue that the filming direction and editing made them come across as total jerks, as well as the unrealistic tasks that they have to do.

20 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

The problem is anybody can be made to look stupid by the camera. A quote taken out of context, a funny face pulled by accident. They can create a narrative that someone is vain by putting a big mirror by the door of the house then taking loads of shots from different angles as they walk past to the taxi every morning. They can make it look like someone is being ignored by showing them asking questions/making suggestions but not showing them being answered or being responded to. 

Every week the focus will be on 3 people in each team because 6 characters is all the average viewer can concentrate on during a one hour programme, so you can tell within 5 minutes who is going to be in the boardroom if they lose and what the storyline is going to be.

The best bit of the series is the interviews where you find out who actually has a decent business plan and who the fantasists are. 

Totally agree the editing thing. Charlie Brooker did a great demo of that on screenwipe. 

But i don't think that there's much they need to do to make some of them look like they are up themselves or dumb. 

20 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Yet again I shall not be watching this farce.

When it changed to £250k investment, Tom Pellerau won despite being on the losing side a record 8 times.

Sugar had made up his mind sure he was winning before the show ever aired because he wanted in on TP's curvy nail file invention and had no interest whatsoever in the ergonomic chair which was his business plan for the show.

To this end, surely the guy with the commercial cleaning company is in with a shout of winning this. With the current climate that's got to be a goer. Unless he's a total dimwit. 

This is now just trash reality TV and has been since they changed it from being a job to the investment. Although I mind one of the old winners saying the job you got was just a general dogsbody. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-21673051

There’s no absolute nutters like Tommy and Lottie this time for entertainment.

Tommy fucked it all up but would talk his way out of trouble, and Lottie was such an insufferable know it all with the worst plan ever. [emoji23]

19 minutes ago, mizfit said:

There’s no absolute nutters like Tommy and Lottie this time for entertainment.

Tommy fucked it all up but would talk his way out of trouble, and Lottie was such an insufferable know it all with the worst plan ever. emoji23.png

The highlight of Lottie was when she demanded to be made PM due to her choosing her pals wedding perfume. 

The highlight of Lottie was when she demanded to be made PM due to her choosing her pals wedding perfume. 

I’m away to try and find the clip. I think it was either Claude or Karen who looked raging at her saying that.

On 08/01/2022 at 14:03, 19QOS19 said:

It hasn't been a serious Business show for years. Probably since he stopped hiring them to work for him. The £250K he invests he'll probably make back right away from making the programme.

If you take the show for what it is - a light-hearted comedy show full of idiots who fail to see they're idiots making complete fools of themselves and not the great business people they think they are, then it's great entertainment.

If you watch it thinking it's a serious show full of clever business people, you're in the wrong place.

It also hasn't been half as good as it used to be since he stopped hiring them to work for him. The whole Michelle Dewberry debacle ended that unfortunately. It was a far better show as a 12 week job interview than as an 11 week long pointless preamble for an episode of Dragon's Den.

I'll still watch it though. .........

I’m shocked the girls won that task, their advert was horrific and Bouji Cruises is an atrocious brand name. Kathryn has got away with that and unfortunately she’ll think she’s the dog’s bollocks as she was PM.

Akeem had a nightmare with the logo but he *might* have potential elsewhere. Harry was just a massive fud and that won’t change.
Just caught up with this last night.

Genuinely one of the worst carried out marketing tasks ever.

The least shit one one beating a "shit" logo.

And definitely the wrong person fired.

I half watched this last week.  Doing the advertising task as the first task was a bad decision.  There are too many people, they don't know each other and the viewers don't know them so you can't really get an idea of who is good at what or anything like that.

I always think the advertising tasks are a bit unfair on the candidates - most organisations spend months planning and designing these campaigns, is it any surprise that one designed in a day by people who usually don't have any experience in this field is a load of crap?

I half watched this last week.  Doing the advertising task as the first task was a bad decision.  There are too many people, they don't know each other and the viewers don't know them so you can't really get an idea of who is good at what or anything like that.
I always think the advertising tasks are a bit unfair on the candidates - most organisations spend months planning and designing these campaigns, is it any surprise that one designed in a day by people who usually don't have any experience in this field is a load of crap?

It’s a fair point, but even in week one you’d be looking for a higher standard than ‘Bouji Cruises’ and slippery jobby logos.

I’m the first couple of weeks, Sugar is probably trying to weed out the arseholes first which is what he did by binning Harry.

The PM wanted a plain orange brush. How thick are they to not do as she asked? If the got slated for it being bland then she'd be for the chop as that's what they wanted. But they've now changed it and as a result they'll get slated if the product is criticised. Idiots.