Barins vs Sons

Just now, BallochSonsFan said:

Please tell me that tweet is wrong. Tell me that Orsi didn't get booked for shouting abuse at his own teammate?

Although Sparky did get done for fighting with Stuart Carswell.

He went "fucking stupid foul" or something like that..and the ref booked him. I can only assume he thought it was aimed at him.

We obviously played well today but Dumbarton are truly stinking.

Maybe the worst performance I’ve seen at the stadium and there’s plenty of competition. Their #4 is horrific. 

Buchanan is a useless b*****d and should’ve been sent off for his reckless challenge in Dowds.

A lot better from us with stiffer challenges ahead. Good start though.

Edited by Hughsie

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The funniest part is, as shite as he is, he isn’t the worst player in that defence. Andy Geggan, Gregor Buchanan and Paddy Boyle are worse. 

He was arguably our best player last week too.

That being said, the woman that sold me my pie was equally as good last week we were that pish

33 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

It is quite funny how much rage Falkirk fans have for Buchanan after his service to you guys!

Almost as funny as his current form is to every other team in the league 😓

No rage just a realisation that he is a shit footballer who played a minor part in our struggles in the diddy leagues.

Him being a Falkirk fan does not excuse him from  the derision he attracts.

I don’t have rage for Buchanan, he always struck me as someone who tried his best even though he wasn’t good enough, couldn’t be faulted for effort.

I honestly don't know where to begin with today. Other than by saying, in my relatively short time following DFC compared to quite a few on here, I can't ever remember seeing a team make more defensive howlers than we did.

I feel for Faz. It's happening time after time and there's really only so much that he, as a manager, can do in training to stop Edin Lynch passing the ball straight to a Falkirk striker and sending him in on goal. Or to allow Anton Dowds all the time in the world to maraud into the box and get a shot off.

That's not to absolve him of any blame. And after matches he is always the first to hold his hands up and say that he'll take the flak for results, performances, mistakes or whatever. He's assembled the squad, he built the defence and - over the course of the season - they have conceded far too many goals. 

If someone was to compile all the goals we've conceded this season into one handy video then it would make some ridiculous viewing.

After last week's defensively solid showing against Airdrie it was terrifying how quickly we went backwards today. Edin Lynch - who was, for my money, our best player last week - looked a bag of nerves all game. I've no idea what caused that, but it was frustrating after he had looked pretty solid a week earlier.

The highlights will tell their own story. And for any Sons fans who weren't watching the stream, I'd urge you to put yourself through them, just to make you feel better about any future defeats. "At least it wasn't as bad as that game against Falkirk" could be something that's used in years to come. If Calumn Morrison had been able to finish every one-on-one like he finished the first then he would've been scrapping with Anton Dowds for the match ball and we'd have beaten Dunfermline in the 'biggest minter of the day' stakes.

Falkirk gifted us a goal and the penalty (apparently for handball?) was an award I didn't see coming. Fair play to Ross MacLean for his run to earn it though, that was a positive. We also created a few half decent openings aside from that. Conner Duthie looked a threat (as is often the case) and probably should've got himself on the scoresheet, but we just fail to convert good deliveries into clearcut chances. There was no lack of effort and fight, especially when we got it to 4-2.

Kalvin Orsi works stupendously hard, his link up play is decent, his delivery is alright. But he just never ever looks like scoring. And that's a bit of a problem when he's our out and out number nine most of the time. I was surprised to see Schiavone left on the bench, and I wonder if that's a sign that he might be off back to Hearts when his deal is up. If it is then I'm praying that Faz can find a striker to get us something like 5/6 goals between now and the end of the season. If Falkirk aren't going to use Michael Ruth then I'd happily see someone like him at the Rock until May if Aberdeen would let us have him.

At 4-2 we looked like we maybe believed we could do something. Then we go and lose a simple goal from a set piece and that is that. Not that we deserved anything from the game anyway. The sixth goal was one of the worst of the lot, but the highlights can do the talking on that front.

In terms of positives? Erm. There looked to be still a wee bit of fight about the team, and I thought Gregg Wylde (after a shaky first 15/20 minutes positionally) went on to be one of our few players deserving of pass marks. He used the ball well, his dead ball delivery was pretty decent and it was nice to see a full-back making runs beyond the halfway line and looking comfortable when he got the ball in those areas. I was also very surprised by how loud he was on the park. It's mentioned on our thread that we needed leaders (mad when Paton has captained bigger clubs than us, Geggan has captained bigger clubs than us, Buchanan has captained bigger clubs than us, but here we are) and Wylde - to my surprise - looked like a bit of a leader. 

East Fife next week is now enormous for Faz and the club. If we don't win that game then I think the board will face some major pressure to act, especially given how poor our home form is.

Hoping for some defensive reinforcements before then too.