Peterhead vs. Dundee

RossBFaeDundee

Just watched the "non" penalty incident on BBC. Sickener for Peterhead, its an absolute stick on penalty. Terrible decision from the referee and his assistants. 

Made a joke last week about the goalie changing the spelling of his name to LoL'er and I'm getting pretty worried the boy is Jack Hamilton MKII now, tbh. 

4 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Story of our season..nice fitba no end product

As for the non penalty if refs need Var to help with decisions like that then they really should take up another sport 

We may have taken the plaudits but they don't win prizes if you don't put the ball on the net even though we were denied a stonewall penalty. Unless we can find a way to score goals, we are destined to return to Division 2, back where we started 20+ years ago

12 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:
12 hours ago, TONTROOPER said:
If I was a Peterhead fan tonight I'd be ragin' at that referee's shocking incompetence.
A stone wall penalty denied which at that point in the game could well have proved pivotal.
Well done Peterhead on your performance.

Ach, it's the story of our season, we've got f**k all up front.

Why do we keep signing midfielders and defenders then?

Fine effort from the team but same end result. Having  looked at the Dundee pen think if Brett had either just stood up to the player he would not have got the ball as it was heading wide, think it was going in feet first that did it, he has saved us many times this season but has given a number of pens for similar things. As usual giving the ball away easily started the move but some players are not learning by their mistakes. Hard luck for Hamish hitting the post but thought he played very well. Think its all been said about the pen not given, if a supervisor at the game hopefully the ref finds himself at a school game for his next payday, it has been a familiar story this season must be true kicking somebody when they are down. Payne got a few mentions last night and i like him but his confidence is gone just now but we need to get either him or someone much closer to Rusty to create a goal threat. Seems a shame picking holes in what was a great try to progress but we are seeing the same things happen each week and need to turn it round asap .Airdrie on Saturday will pose at least the same problems as i think they are the best footballing team in our league. 

I dozed off after Dundee's  second goal but woke up in time to see their third.

Not at all impressed by Dundee's performance (or what I saw of it), however, to win 3-0 at a potential banana skin while not playing well deserves a pat on the back.

All the best to the Dees.

8 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Story of our season..nice fitba no end product

As for the non penalty if refs need Var to help with decisions like that then they really should take up another sport 

I thought he might have been unsighted, but apparently not according to the commentary team

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I thought he might have been unsighted, but apparently not according to the commentary team

Am beginning to think all refs are unsighted last nights one was a follow up act from Saturdays who did not notice our 6ft 5in striker get kicked in the head in front of him. We have had more than our share of wasters this season

2 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Am beginning to think all refs are unsighted last nights one was a follow up act from Saturdays who did not notice our 6ft 5in striker get kicked in the head in front of him. We have had more than our share of wasters this season

From what I saw you certainly didn't get the rub of the green last night.

13 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

There were 4 officials at the game last night.  To not get a penalty for that challenge is not even borderline incompetence.

I also agree with Jim (unusually) that the keeper had to walk for it.  Last man and no attempt to play the ball is a straight red.

2 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

That ryan Duncan looked a tidy player as was the #8 before he drifted out the game

#8 didn't drift out the game, we moved him to right back.  It's just what we do when we need to chase a game, throw our attacking midfielder into defense instead of taking off a defender and going three at the back.

Well played Peterhead an impressive performance, I would have been seething with rage at that penalty decision, probably the worst one I've ever seen.

eta Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

It would be really interesting to hear from the referee why he didn't think it was a penalty. We missed our last penalty so it might have made no difference. Can you imagine the ref turning down a penalty for Rangers in the same situation? Definitely not. Good luck to Dundee against Rangers, you will need it.

28 minutes ago, Blue-Toon said:

It would be really interesting to hear from the referee why he didn't think it was a penalty. We missed our last penalty so it might have made no difference. Can you imagine the ref turning down a penalty for Rangers in the same situation? Definitely not. Good luck to Dundee against Rangers, you will need it.

Just watched the game back on iPlayer and the penalty decision gets worse every time I watch it.  

That's the first time that I have watched back a game that I was at and it definitely allows you to reassess your initial thoughts on the game.  I think we look back on that game as an opportunity missed.  0-3 did flatter Dundee and hopefully we use the game a springboard to some league wins.  Shout out to Conroy who I have been very critical of bit I thought he performed really well.  The same with Flynn Duffy who I thought had struggled in our team but was excellent last night.

15 hours ago, Girth said:

Keep on playing like that and you’ll kick on up the league. 

You just need a poacher up front. 

Maybe have to see if Willie Miller fancies putting his boots back on, he scored 20 odd goals for us in the Highland League before moving on to stopping  attacks for the Dons & Scotland 🙄