Clyde vs Alloa Athletic

The Alloa commentator seemed to enjoy the Clyde fans singing "sacked in the morning" to Ferguson.

Ferguson really is a poor manager and if he has any self awareness he should chuck it.

As for Clyde, we're picking up points and heading for safety.

Credit where credit is due, I never thought we'd be in this league position after the Clydebank debacle. The manager, his team and the players have turned it round and we're grinding out results.

Although I don't believe that our performances merit our points total. We've been helped by some some awful finishing by our opponents and rely on finishing the one or two chances we create during a match.

I can't help fearing a tanking is on its way from a team that has their shooting boots on. Teams are still creating many chances against us, they simply aren't putting them in the net.

As a Clyde fan it's both dreadful to watch but enjoyable to leave the ground happy having stolen a point or three again

19 hours ago, laughing gravie said:

Aye, it's an ill wind that's been blowing from our dugout since Waldorf and Stadtler took the reigns at Alloa 😱

19 hours ago, laughing gravie said:

Aye, it's an ill wind that's been blowing from our dugout since Waldorf and Stadtler took the reigns at Alloa 😱

It’s not just the results for Alloa but it’s how those two conduct themselves and how it reflects on the Club . We then get Danny Lennon and it’s night and day…an honest , hard working guy who has respect for the game and the fans…even when things aren’t going so well. And ultimately how to conduct himself. 

Contrast Malcolm in Alloa Dugout and Allan Moore in Clyde’s. Moore is constantly shouting, encouraging or telling players where to play etc. on match day we essentially have joint managers.

Malcolm on the other hand, just stands there looking angry. My abiding memory of him at Broadwood was the night he took the side after Ferguson was sacked. We were awful and he stood at the dugout and said absolutely nothing for 90 mins; no shouts no instruction to players, no conversation even with those around him, not even sure if he made any subs,  obviously didn’t want to be there but his behaviour was shocking.

Malcolm on the other hand, just stands there looking angry. My abiding memory of him at Broadwood was the night he took the side after Ferguson was sacked. We were awful and he stood at the dugout and said absolutely nothing for 90 mins; no shouts no instruction to players, no conversation even with those around him, not even sure if he made any subs,  obviously didn’t want to be there but his behaviour was shocking.

Angriest I've ever been at a Clyde game.
Malcolm's attitude definitely had an effect on the players that night.

All were a disgrace to the shirt

2 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Credit where credit is due, I never thought we'd be in this league position after the Clydebank debacle. The manager, his team and the players have turned it round and we're grinding out results.

Although I don't believe that our performances merit our points total. We've been helped by some some awful finishing by our opponents and rely on finishing the one or two chances we create during a match.

I can't help fearing a tanking is on its way from a team that has their shooting boots on. Teams are still creating many chances against us, they simply aren't putting them in the net.

As a Clyde fan it's both dreadful to watch but enjoyable to leave the ground happy having stolen a point or three again

Agree with this 100%

We are very lucky to have the points tally we have as we have been poor in most games this season and have barely deserved anything from most games

45 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Agree with this 100%

We are very lucky to have the points tally we have as we have been poor in most games this season and have barely deserved anything from most games

Does that not mean the other teams have been just as poor or poorer than us?

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

34 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

At what point do we stop being lucky and actually deserve the points we’ve got? 

I think you deserved the previous six against us(possibly 4 with a fair draw at Broadwood the first time) but yesterday you got very lucky with a combination of terrible finishing, poor refereeing and our general lack of depth just now.

Gamblers fallacy always applies. 

Edited by LeodhasXD

Decent point.

I'd reply by asking at what point do we stop relying on mistakes from opposition goalkeepers and bad finishing by the opposing attackers.

Do we really want to be a team who create one or two chances in an entire match?

You only have to look at the attendances to see that fans aren't enjoying our performances although our league position is decent

13 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Decent point.

I'd reply by asking at what point do we stop relying on mistakes from opposition goalkeepers and bad finishing by the opposing attackers.

Do we really want to be a team who create one or two chances in an entire match?

You only have to look at the attendances to see that fans aren't enjoying our performances although our league position is decent

We have benefitted from goalkeeper mistakes this week, but also scored 2 well worked goals as well. We could do with creating more yes, but working with what we’ve got we can’t complain. 

Bad finishing by other teams isn’t luck, it’s down to them being poor on the day or just in general. 

Have we rode our luck at times, yes. However, to be sitting 5th with 1 defeat in 11 league games isn’t all down to luck. 

I think we have had two bits of luck.

We were lucky that Parry became available at the exact time Mitchell was leaving. It isn't, however, luck that he produces two or three terrific saves a match.

The second was getting a bit of a soft penalty at 2-0 down against Peterhead. On the back of the cup defeat, I think Lennon might have been away had that game ended in the sort of humiliating defeat that it looked like being.

That said, playing in this manner isn't sustainable as it isn't remotely entertaining. Hopefully a couple more wins will see us opening up just a wee bit.

First 20 mins showed what we are capable of, hopefully if we get even more daylight between us and those below the team can relax and play like that for a more sustained period of time.

I’d be interested to know when LJ picked up his injury, he was terrific during opening spell then simply disappeared. 

5 hours ago, SLClyde said:

When you can stand back and say were on top that game and deserved to win.

There hasnt been many games we have done that all season.

The game midweek v Airdrie we were at no point in it and should have taken nothing.

The game v Alloa yesterday we were on top for the first 20 minutes or so but Alloa were the better team for the rest of the game.

5 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Does that not mean the other teams have been just as poor or poorer than us?

No wouldnt say that.  I dont know how we have managed to pick up the number of points we have this season so far.

Some have been due tot the individual brilliance of DGW

Some of been due to dogged defending

Some have been due to to pure luck.

Game v Airdrie midweek.  Have barely seen a more one sided game for many a year but it was entirely possible that Tade could have scored a winner in the last minute.

4 hours ago, David W said:

Parry.... It isn't, however, luck that he produces two or three terrific saves a match.

Indeed it isn't, Parry is just a very good goalie. It helps when you are 6'5" and we'll built. Out of all the things BF has done, his handling of big Neil is the worst IMO. Hutton is OK, but he's a downgrade.

Edited by printer

5 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Suppose at the end of the day it better being lucky and poor compared to be being just poor.

We could easily be in the position that Alloa are.

I also guess comes down to are you happy to win at the expense of any entertainment or would you prefer to see some entertainment.

When I got my coaching licence nearly 40 years ago, the lecturer, someone called Roxborugh, said that most goals come from mistakes first and then from set pieces.  

We seem to have eliminated many of our defensive mis steps and coincidentally have become a bit more threatening at set pieces.  

Luck, or good coaching???