Hamilton vs Ayr United

Horrendous from Stuart Taylor again. Awful selection to start with. Everyone in ground knew the Ayr goal was coming but he persisted with a team and formation that was not working and how Ronan Hughes lasted 87 mins is beyond me. Dreadful player who contributed nothing.

Every player is allowed to miss a penalty so why didn't Moyo take it? Given the wind, surely you'd aim to hit a penalty hard and low? Hughes had a decent first half too but fell away badly and it must've been a toss up between him and Mimnaugh as to who got hooked first. Hooking both of them and putting on Lawson as well as Martin would've been my choice. Yet again we can't beat this mediocre lot. I'm aware we are that too but I honestly feel we are slightly better. How on earth Popescu wins our MOTM I don't know. Committed performance but christ, he's a bomb scare. Kennedy or O'Reilly for me. Josh Mullin continues to disappoint.

And another thing - the booking of Moyo was a disgrace. It looked as though Beaton was not going to book the player who hauled our player back by the neck. Beaton should have ran straight to him and flashed the yellow. I believe he only eventually booked him because of the outrage from the stands. I think his mind was elsewhere the whole game, probably down to his favourites dropping points in Dingwall earlier.

Edited by Owsley

15 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

You'll not see a referee more disinterested in actually reffing a game than Beaton today. An absolute shocker from him.

Just a guy doing a job that he knows he’s out of his depth to do and picking up a wage he knows he doesn’t deserve. Also, the majority of the Ayr team.

We were decent in the first half and should have been out of sight, but Ayr's subs completely swung the game and we just couldn't claw it back. Our CBs are asked to do a lot of heavy lifting sweeping up behind the midfield and while that worked quite well for much of the game v Ayr in September, it was badly exposed today in the second half. Way too easy to play through, even compensating for the wind making things difficult to judge.

Everyone in the stand except for accies1874 could see Hughes should have been the first person hooked dreadful performance even if you take away the penalty miss.

Funny how people see the game differently I thought Mullen was very good today. Kennedy was good but lacked bravery on a few occasions while Smith struggled all game.

A draw was a fair result overall.

10 hours ago, ecocme said:

Utter shite from Ayr so far. Gondoh not at the races at all. Get him off and maxwell on. 

I'm quoting this for different reasons (he was terrible today). 

Unfortunately it was Gondoh who received some terrible racial abuse through the week.  I presume it played part in his performance. 

I've reached out but I'm wondering if the Ayr p&b thread can do some good out of this, open to suggestions. 

Edited by itzdrk

I'm quoting this for different reasons (he was terrible today). 
Unfortunately it was Gondoh who received some terrible racial abuse through the week.  I presume it played part in his performance. 
I've reached out but I'm wondering if the Ayr p&b thread can do some good out of this, open to suggestions. 

Racial abuse is utterly sickening but for a player who’s only in the door five minutes to receive it from his own fans is even worse imo. What kind of welcome is that? I do applaud him though, because I genuinely would not have blamed him if he’d though “sod this then I’m off” and went back down South.

I thought it was a bit ridiculous that folk were writing him off based on yesterday’s performance despite the fact that he actually did quite well against St Mirren after an anonymous 15 minutes. He deserves a fair shot to show what he can do and writing players off after 2 games is the worst thing about football fans.

30 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Racial abuse is utterly sickening but for a player who’s only in the door five minutes to receive it from his own fans is even worse imo. What kind of welcome is that? I do applaud him though, because I genuinely would not have blamed him if he’d though “sod this then I’m off” and went back down South.

I thought it was a bit ridiculous that folk were writing him off based on yesterday’s performance despite the fact that he actually did quite well against St Mirren after an anonymous 15 minutes. He deserves a fair shot to show what he can do and writing players off after 2 games is the worst thing about football fans.

Is it definite from our fans? Thought it might be him and might be related to that incident with the homeless person.