Celtic v Rangers Wed 2nd February

6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

What happened to Concorde, beam them up Scotty.
I've seen McGregor running about like the phantom of the opera.

Strange it’s gone from thinking the 5 sub rule isn’t going to suit us  for this games with the lack of options to now having them on the bench where you don’t have to risk starting them and can sub them off anyway if they do come on.

Edited by gannonball

6 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Ah Baws, just heard McGregor trained today though…

heard this too, will be huge if he can start as i just don't have confidence in McCarthy for this game. His lack of pace against Rangers abundance of it and the fact he loves to pass backwards gives me a bit of the fear.

Just now, gannonball said:

Strange it’s gone from thinking the 5 sub rule isn’t going to suit us  for this games with the lack of options to now having them on the bench where you don’t have to risk starting them and can sub them off anyway if they do come on.

Having Maeda on the bench as 10-15 minute option if needed is a good option to have not quite sure you can apply the same logic to Rogic as that game doesnt kick off till 4ish and he's a stick on to start

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I think Maeda running aboot not knowing what time it is or what country hes in is worth seeing from the start.

10 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Having Maeda on the bench as 10-15 minute option if needed is a good option to have not quite sure you can apply the same logic to Rogic as that game doesnt kick off till 4ish and he's a stick on to start

Meant more so Mcgregor and Maeda but Rogic struggles to play twice a week for us as it is so I am discounting him being available.

Edited by gannonball

5 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I think Maeda running aboot not knowing what time it is or what country hes in is worth seeing from the start.

A set of goalposts are a set of goalposts no matter what time of day or where you are in the world. They all pretty much look the same so as long as he remembers what those look like 🤣

Edited by Jinky67

From Gio's press conference;

McGregor is still #1 and will start

Balogun is back for selection, so we may see him partner Goldson in defence.

Ramsey won't be in the squad.

Think it's likely to be how we lined up against County, with Balogun for Bassey and hopefully Roofe for Itten.

20 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I'm getting the vibe here that this is considered a big game for both clubs, and that there's a great rivalry between the two for this match.

Is it that Celtic fans have finally decided that their opponents ARE the same club?  Other than that, I don't get it.

You are about to play your own rivals in a few hours and this is what you’re thinking about? I don’t get it.

1 hour ago, Orbix said:

From Gio's press conference;

McGregor is still #1 and will start

Balogun is back for selection, so we may see him partner Goldson in defence.

Ramsey won't be in the squad.

Think it's likely to be how we lined up against County, with Balogun for Bassey and hopefully Roofe for Itten.

They won't drop McGregor on the back of 1 game, he raises his game against us time and time again so he has to start. 

Has Balogun not been out for about a month? Would be a risk imo

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

They won't drop McGregor on the back of 1 game, he raises his game against us time and time again so he has to start. 

Choice between playing a proper centre back there or Bassey, who's done a great job deputising but is primarily a left back. Risky either way.

Could maybe go 3-5-2 and have Goldson, Balogun and Bassey with Tav and Borna wider, but can't see it happening.

32 minutes ago, gannonball said:

You are about to play your own rivals in a few hours and this is what you’re thinking about? I don’t get it.

Let me help: I'm interested in Scottish football, and this was a passing thought. It appears to me that your board has done more than most to facilitate the Ibrox club's ascendency, and I wondered if the fans shared their perspective.  Plus I'm trying to take my mind off what is always a nervy encounter tonight.

10 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Let me help: I'm interested in Scottish football, and this was a passing thought. It appears to me that your board has done more than most to facilitate the Ibrox club's ascendency, and I wondered if the fans shared their perspective.  Plus I'm trying to take my mind off what is always a nervy encounter tonight.

Our board are tory shitebags but they voted to refuse them entry to the top tier, other than being quiet on the whole issue since and generally being stagnant/inept Im not really sure what else you are alluding to tbh.

6 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Only through ineptitude and lack of ambition. There was point in BR’s 2nd season where I think we broke the £100million revenue bracket, we had an opportunity to be ambitious and put light years between us by actually aiming towards Europe and making progression on that front. The board shat it, didn’t back the ambition of the manager and settled for trying to be 1st in a 2 horse pissing contest. They also contrived to f**k that up too so aye here we are.

17 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Balogan has been back training for weeks. He actually played against Stirling Albion but Gio kept faith with Bassey as up until that defensive fiasco on Saturday we had looked reasonably solid

Its not just one game with McGregor. He has been jittery all season and is costing Rangers points. Still a decent enough shot stopper. 

Celtic should play the big cart horse up top and have Abada, Jota or Forrest or whoever you have outside and attack our fullbacks. Rangers are especially susceptible to this on their left. Barisic never gets tight enough. 

Regarding the tickets. Rangers were allowing Celtic the 800 but Red Zones were in operation and season ticket holders had to be re seated in the away Corner. Rangers gave no club away tickets for league games. Absolutely no idea why Celtic are not giving Rangers an away allocation for this game as I’m sure the Red Zones have been scrapped