Livingston vs St Johnstone - 1 February 2022

Haggis neeps and tatties pies will be available from the kiosks. Will be a donner pie for me though.
The game will be an inconvenience, 1-0 either way.
Good luck getting a donner pie tomorrow.
They not back till Saturday. And I'm absolutely gutted.

9 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Good luck getting a donner pie tomorrow.
They not back till Saturday. And I'm absolutely gutted.

Misread the tweet and that's ruined my night. Not as much as if I rocked up and found out on the day right enough.

Hopefully get some enjoyment from the game then. 5-3 Livi.

9 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Misread the tweet and that's ruined my night. Not as much as if I rocked up and found out on the day right enough.

Hopefully get some enjoyment from the game then. 5-3 Livi.

I'll let you know if they're up to their usual standard. 😝

7 hours ago, Durnford said:

I'm not sure either Sebastian Soto or Ivan Konovalov have received clearance yet although, having already been registered with a UK club, you would hope Soto's would be through pretty soon. 

That being said; I saw an article where Davie ( I think) suggested he wasn't fully fit at the moment and would take time to adjust to the Scottish game.

EDIT - correction; it looks like he could be available but is recovering from Covid:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/livingston-boss-admits-new-recruit-26068717

Soto will be fine for Tuesday if Martindale wants him in the squad. Konovalov will hopefully be soon.

That article is a load of shite, Martindale said he had 2 negative lateral flow tests and he was at the game on Saturday in the away end.

Despite the success of the 3-5-2 second half against Hibs, my guess is Martindale will go 4-3-3 for this. Reason being St Johnstone might look to camp in a bit with their back 5. So if we get our full backs forward that can force their wing backs to commit higher and leave their 3 centre backs more exposed against our attacking 3. We play out from defence using our centre backs, both comfortable on the ball and good passers. If St Johnstone do go 5-3-2 then that could see their two forwards blocking this route. Again, that'd make our full backs key as they'll need to begin build up instead. I hope Penrice is back.

St Johnstone's set up is what we've most struggled against at home this season. The away team defending deep and bogging us down in midfield as we end up mostly just playing in front of their back line rather than penetrating it. We do better against more open and attacking teams where it becomes more of a man-to-man match up, like Hibs last Saturday. For this reason, I expect St Johnstone to be a tougher challenge than Dundee were in the last home match. Stuffy games like this one probably will be are often decided on set pieces. Gladly, we've improved markedly with both attacking and defensive set pieces recently.

Edited by FreedomFarter

6 hours ago, THE FAT MAN said:

We could line up very different from last time out

Clark

Sang Mahon Cleary McCart Gallagher 

Hallberg  Davidson  McPherson 

Bair Hendry 

Subs from

May Brown Booth Crawford Butterfield Parish Craig  MOH Middleton  E2 Gilmour 

It would be the wrong decision, but I have a sneaky suspicion he's going to play Sang in the middle of the park and leave Brown at RWB. I hope I'm wrong. 

I think Bair is unavailable so I suspect May will start. I'd rather we started with E2 (I don't think the deal with Linfield went through), but CD seems to have some sort of aversion to the guy. 

I hope Mahon gives us a little more tenaciousness. 

18 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Was surprise on exactly how active the Saints have been in the transfer market over the past few weeks. 

Starting to look like it could be a very interesting game.

Or could be like us at the start of the season, having tons of changes to our team from last season. Took Bailey a few games to get into his stride, others didn't make it at all, don't think you can chuck in too many changes all at the same time unless you're really desperate and just hoping for the best.

16 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Big question is how much will Livi know about Theo Bair? 👀

Hopefully fuckall, he tends to overthink things when he sees a threat, like sticking Marv on the wing to mark Rooney against you last season, removing any attacking threat we may have had having Forrest playing there as usual.

15 hours ago, ATLIS said:

"I genuinely think St Johnstone are in a false position in the league and I am not going to sit here and say who I think will be relegated but I don't think it will be St Johnstone.

"They have a fantastic manager and I think they will get it together, it is going to take Callum a wee bit of time with the new players coming in the building."

Interesting prediction from Martindale, I'm guessing he's thinking Dundee/Ross County are going down then?

Basically goes on to say if we win tomorrow we're not going down, and I get everyone laughed at his prediction earlier in the season that there was no way we'd get relegated but it's looking good now

"I think if you can manage to avoid defeat tomorrow - I don't want to tempt fate - but there is a very good chance you are not finishing 12th in the league."

Dundee certainly, not necessarily County though, might think Utd are going to do a Killie from last season. County in the play offs would just be insane watching, basket case defending and goal machine at the other end, nothing against them but it would be some cracking viewing seeing them against Arbroath/Killie.

13 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Or could be like us at the start of the season, having tons of changes to our team from last season. Took Bailey a few games to get into his stride, others didn't make it at all, don't think you can chuck in too many changes all at the same time unless you're really desperate and just hoping for the best.

Of course; but it does add a degree of a "devil you know" scenario to it. Very few players come into a new team and make an immediate impact (Francisco Quino aside 😉 )

2 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

God help us if Hendry gets injured. *(edit or sent off, probably more likely)

I cannot bring myself to contemplate a team that has Stevie May starting in it.  For all the sheer size of squad, there's a lot that's unavailable or partly culpable for the mess we're in. 

We still don't have attacking width (only Middleton available and doubt he'll start) so expect livi will be feeding Forest and Nouble wide to cause trouble both cutting inside and feeding balls to Bailey/Anderson. Could be a baptism of fire for new defenders. 

Clark

Song  Cleary Mahon McCart Booth

MacPherson Butterfield  Hallberg

Crawford

Hendry

Why is Gallacher unavailable?

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

3 hours ago, Durnford said:

Of course; but it does add a degree of a "devil you know" scenario to it. Very few players come into a new team and make an immediate impact (Francisco Quino aside 😉 )

And Kachloul, scoring from a free kick with his first touch of the ball after coming on as sub..................shit i'm not helping matters am i.🤣 

Was impressed by Livi when we last played. We need wins obviously, but I dont think coming away with a point would be horrific if say Dundee get beat.

Could be a very different feel about Saints if we win coupled with Dundee and County defeats. Could end up off the bottom and only 4 points away from safety.