St Mirren v Motherwell 1/2/22

As many others have said, it wasn't a great game and a point each is a fair result.  Although, St. Mirren will be hurting with losing a late one.  

I quite liked Slattery in the advanced role last night.  It seemed more of a 3-4-2-1, which could be an indication of how we'll line up against Celtic on Sunday.  I wouldn't mind it being Slattery & Tierney as the two behind the main striker going forward.  McGinley never has, and never will be, an attacking full back so I'd be hoping we can get Carroll out there and big Ojala in at centre-half.

I was impressed with Gogic last night for St. Mirren.  Really put himself about in the middle of the park and even showed an attacking threat at times.  Fair play, that was a brilliant header for the goal.  Lee Erwin looks an absolute shadow of the player who was at Fir Park.  Maybe not having Scott McDonald telling you where to be every minute of the game has an affect on him! 

Great finish from Tierney at the end, and hopefully we can manage him well going forward.  He looks a proper player, but it will clearly take time for him to get up to speed.  Maybe fire on a bit of muscle as well.  He's got great touches though, really looking forward to seeing him develop.

Enough has been said about the pathetic wee boys at the end.  That's all they are though - pathetic wee boys - and they're as hard as a post-curry shite.  If a few of them got a sore face to go home with, every cloud...

That late equaliser stopped St Mirren going within 4 points of us. Just goes to show every point matters and every point is a battle. I thought we were okay considering how baffling the line-up initially was and I thought the fight and character was there. 

Also, I quite enjoyed seeing that moment of "aw naw, we're actually going to have to fight each other" after both sets of fans got past the stewards. 

52 minutes ago, CoF said:

That late equaliser stopped St Mirren going within 4 points of us. Just goes to show every point matters and every point is a battle. I thought we were okay considering how baffling the line-up initially was and I thought the fight and character was there. 

Also, I quite enjoyed seeing that moment of "aw naw, we're actually going to have to fight each other" after both sets of fans got past the stewards. 

Reminds me of an incident with (old) Airdrie fans whose young team ambushed the Saints support afrer a match at Love St. only to realize they were heavily outnumbered, cue a hasty retreat followed by a return to shout abuse once half a dozen polis arrived to block the exit and "prevent" them from getting to us.

Edited by btb

Just watched Trial by Sportscene and reckon we'll be without Tait for a few games now.

Anyone know when Tanser will be back?

Can't believe how threadbare our squad currently looks.

I’d be very surprised if Tait got compliance officer’d for that.

1 hour ago, btb said:

Reminds me of an incident with (old) Airdrie fans whose young team ambushed the Saints support afrer a match at Love St. only to realize they were heavily outnumbered, cue a hasty retreat followed by a return to shout abuse once half a dozen polis arrived to block the exit and "prevent" them from getting to us.

at the fountain gardens?

i seen a clip on youtube this week of a mob of bristol city fans singing that stupid song about the opposition getting battered everywhere they go.next thing a mob of cardiff fans appeared and you couldn’t see the bristol fans for dust 😂

20 minutes ago, Lex said:

I’d be very surprised if Tait got compliance officer’d for that.

It was a really bad tackle from Tait and all things being equal, should result in a ban - but given it's really out of character for him and happened in a low key game, I tend to agree.

17 minutes ago, Swello said:

It was a really bad tackle from Tait and all things being equal, should result in a ban - but given it's really out of character for him and happened in a low key game, I tend to agree.

It's one of those ones where he caught the top of the ball, then the player.  Not intentional, but if ref had seen it it'd have been at least a yellow.

Maybe a red, but he wasn't going in at speed (like say Charlie Adam was in the Dundee derby) so yellow I think is probably right.

HOWEVER - as soon as the Sportscene guys get the slow mo replays out and the disapproving faces, I can't see by a ban.

10 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

It's one of those ones where he caught the top of the ball, then the player.  Not intentional, but if ref had seen it it'd have been at least a yellow.

Maybe a red, but he wasn't going in at speed (like say Charlie Adam was in the Dundee derby) so yellow I think is probably right.

HOWEVER - as soon as the Sportscene guys get the slow mo replays out and the disapproving faces, I can't see by a ban.

Sportscene were correct that Donnelly did him a favour by not jumping up in the air and then rolling half way to Linwood like some players would definitely have done in that circumstance.

9 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

Anyone got any footage of the scenes at the equaliser?

Was it as bad as Aberdeen’s at Livingston this season, or anytime Rangers score in Dingwall?

I managed to grab a quick photo the minute it kicked off…

9260C167-DD07-47DB-B224-3CEBD43819A8.jpeg

4 hours ago, Swello said:

Sportscene were correct that Donnelly did him a favour by not jumping up in the air and then rolling half way to Linwood like some players would definitely have done in that circumstance.

Definitely.

I've seen some players do the Linwood roll with minimal contact, and that definitely wasn't minimal contact!