Winter Olympics Beijing 2022

Bully Wee Villa

10-4 win...always in control.

I really love watching the Japanese team, they are so smiley and obviously love playing.

I played last night and was really up for it having watched so much on tv the past ten days....dear oh dear we got absolutely hammered and I was shocked that all those shots you see in the olympics that are so straight forward and easy are actually quite difficult as you see your stone miss by a foot and roll through.  Got another match tonight to master this game though.

Okay so the result helps in that GB need to get to 6-3 to have any realistic shot at making the semi final and Japan were the toughest of the three remaining obstacles to get there.

However, we still need some other results to go our way. The nightmare scenario is a 3-way tie for two places with Canada and Japan (at the moment we would go through thanks to draw shot challenge but we are only a few centimetres ahead of Canada) or a 4-way tie for three places with Canada, Japan and Switzerland.

What we need to root for:

- Canada to lose a 4th game (most likely against the USA overnight. Their last two games look very winnable)

- Japan to lose a 4th game (Less important as we beat them H2H, but they have a very good draw shot challenge so a potential 3 or 4 way tiebreaker would suit them over us)

- Switzerland to WIN a 7th game (They are 6-1 but their remaining two games are both against higher ranked opposition Japan and Korea. Switzerland falling back into a 6-3 tiebreaker is a nightmare scenario for us because they beat us H2H)

The exact permutations are a nightmare to work out but I think that 2 wins are likely to be enough as long as one of Canada and Japan lose another game. 

34 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Okay so the result helps in that GB need to get to 6-3 to have any realistic shot at making the semi final and Japan were the toughest of the three remaining obstacles to get there.

However, we still need some other results to go our way. The nightmare scenario is a 3-way tie for two places with Canada and Japan (at the moment we would go through thanks to draw shot challenge but we are only a few centimetres ahead of Canada) or a 4-way tie for three places with Canada, Japan and Switzerland.

What we need to root for:

- Canada to lose a 4th game (most likely against the USA overnight. Their last two games look very winnable)

- Japan to lose a 4th game (Less important as we beat them H2H, but they have a very good draw shot challenge so a potential 3 or 4 way tiebreaker would suit them over us)

- Switzerland to WIN a 7th game (They are 6-1 but their remaining two games are both against higher ranked opposition Japan and Korea. Switzerland falling back into a 6-3 tiebreaker is a nightmare scenario for us because they beat us H2H)

The exact permutations are a nightmare to work out but I think that 2 wins are likely to be enough as long as one of Canada and Japan lose another game. 

thanks for this.  Japan have two very tough matches left.  Whilst we absolutely have to win both our remaining matches I am sure Eve will have an eye on the Canada v USA local derby early tomorrow........pretty much depends which Jennifer Jones turns up - the one we saw yesterday was sensational..

Where do you see the shot draw challenge standings?

10-4 win...always in control.
I really love watching the Japanese team, they are so smiley and obviously love playing.
I played last night and was really up for it having watched so much on tv the past ten days....dear oh dear we got absolutely hammered and I was shocked that all those shots you see in the olympics that are so straight forward and easy are actually quite difficult as you see your stone miss by a foot and roll through.  Got another match tonight to master this game though.

A lesson I learned early doors was to blame the thrower if you’re sweeping and blame the sweepers if you’re throwing. If all else fails, you always meant to do that it was Plan C.