Peterhead 0-0 Alloa

10 hours ago, printer said:

Hardly. 

Staying up is the key objective now.

Staying up is the key objective but I have sympathy for McCulloch No. 5's point here. The prospect of the current management being in charge next season, whatever league we are in, fills me with dread. 

Anyway, welcome 3 points after so long. Great through ball by Kev and well finished by Henderson. Pretty fortunate to emerge with a clean sheet there, it seemed that Mendy made an error almost every time he appeared in those highlights. We've clearly been short of confidence though and a victory should help. Have to hope between that and Henderson providing a cutting edge that we can get enough points from the next few matches to stay away from 9th. 

12 hours ago, printer said:

Hardly. 

Staying up is the key objective now.

The key objective was to be in the play offs at the very least according to earlier quotes prior to the season!

I will be absolutely delighted if we stay up but agree, on what I've witnessed thus far, the key objective now is to stay up.

My concern is justified in that, perhaps logically, it will satisfy our chairman to keep the manager for another season. I'm certain that will worry the vast majority of fans.

Edited by McCulloch No.5

51 minutes ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

My concern is justified in that, perhaps logically, it will satisfy our chairman to keep the manager for another season. I'm certain that will worry the vast majority of fans.

I'd expect Ferguson to be kept on next season if we finish eighth or higher. I wouldn't be over the moon about that, but such is the life of a lower league fan.

2 hours ago, Waspie said:

Pretty fortunate to emerge with a clean sheet there, it seemed that Mendy made an error almost every time he appeared in those highlights. 

It did seem that way. Hopefully Durnan will be back for the Falkirk game, AND Mendy rather than Graham drops out.

The midfield still seems to be ineffective in terms of controlling games.