Motherwell FC v Celtic FC Sunday 6th Feb.

3 hours ago, well fan for life said:

I don't mind if we decide to go for a high press but you need to be willing to work all over the park. Jake Carroll was so far behind the game he was cutting about in a Zoom Airlines jersey looking for a one two with Richie Foran. 

Amazing 🤣

A poor performance. Bright sparks with Kelly and Tierney.

Need to stop the rot soon. 

5 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

The game turned out for us as badly I expected it to.

We were piss poor v Hibs in the last game I was at so it wasn’t a surprise to see us look even worse against a team possibly at the height of their powers. 

11 defeats in a row v Celtic now. Struggling to remember as wretched actin v them in my lifetime. 

Genuine question….How did Livingston, Utd and St Mirren manage to get something off Celtic this season then? How can teams who are our “equals” manage to formulate a game plan yet we continue to look so inept v them?

We let them play on a carpet of a pitch, bring back the sand pit

37 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

CCV has some ability in not needing to leap to win a header. The guy is calm & composed, reads the game well, can see a pass and would be on my list of first names to get his signature.

Can’t remember him really putting a foot wrong, getting done for pace or outjumped in many or any games actually

He’s been great hopefully we tempt him to stay

Edited by Jinky67

7 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Completely abandoned Rogic at the 3rd goal and didn't get near Abada to block the cut back.

I think this is a bit harsh. Yer essentially want him to be in two places with this comment. He's pish aye. He's better than Jake Carroll though.

And for what it worth Carroll let Abada run away from him all game. (without going back to check) For the 3rd I though Donnelly was wrong side of Rogic, who ran away from him and Carroll was day dreaming out on the left, before any of the back 3 (McGinley) got across Abada had time and space to pass to an unmarked Rogic who had donnelly lying on the ground behind him cos he fell over trying to recover.

I agree he's pish as I said and I don't ever really give anyone pass marks in these games where we look a division below.

Having convinced myself to watch the highlights, the amount of space we gave them down our left was absolutely criminal. The first goal was Sunday League stuff.

I must admit I've been wanting Carroll to come in for McGinley but he is rotten.

The disparity in the finances of the two clubs is well known, but that doesn't account for us being unable to do the absolute basics when it comes to defending.

2 minutes ago, beesher said:

Having convinced myself to watch the highlights, the amount of space we gave them down our left was absolutely criminal. The first goal was Sunday League stuff.

I must admit I've been wanting Carroll to come in for McGinley but he is rotten.

The disparity in the finances of the two clubs is well known, but that doesn't account for us being unable to do the absolute basics when it comes to defending.

I think that’s partly down to the speed and movement of Celtic. Defenders are always going to look worse when they’re getting pulled all over the place. When under that amount of pressure they can get 95% of things right but the other 5% is going to get highlighted. They had to do more work in that game than they will in the next half dozen.

We were all pointing at Carroll yesterday but he must have been following the managers instructions, no defender decides that the right place to be is 30 yards ahead of his nearest attacker.  Did Alexander think it would pin the wide men back? In saying that you have to react to what is happening around you and Carroll didn’t do that.  He has however performed adequately over the past few games so play him in the right position to get the best of home.  To summarise, bring Ojala back.