Motherwell FC v Celtic FC Sunday 6th Feb.

Whilst our intensity definitely drops, 'Celtic are gubbed after the first hour' seems to be replacing 'Celtic are a shambles at the back' as the widely accepted Sportsound narrative folk are repeating as fact, despite evidence proving otherwise. 

We've conceded one goal in the league this season after the 70th minute, which was in July. We've also scored loads of winners past the 85th minute mark, including a couple past the 90th minute.

Edited by Fratelli

The intensity has to drop it’s impossible to keep up for 90 however we still don’t get broken down that often or ever look that uncomfortable. Did Hart have to make a save today?

The change back to 5 subs definitely helps us especially when our bench was stacked like today and to think Kyogo and Turnbull are still out

Edited by Jinky67

4 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

Whilst our intensity definitely drops, 'Celtic are gubbed after the first hour' seems to be replacing 'Celtic are a shambles at the back' as the widely accepted Sportsound narrative folk are repeating as fact, despite evidence proving otherwise. 

We've conceded one goal in the league this season after the 70th minute, which was in July. We've also scored loads of winners past the 85th minute mark, including a couple past the 90th minute.

And one past the 96th minute...

We're going to be totally totalled on Wednesday. Totally totalled.

Before succumbing 3-0 to Motherwell Saturday.

Absolute trademark Alexander home game against the OF - insipid pish. It's weird that almost every other Motherwell manager ever has worked out how to make life hard at Fir Park for the OF (with the pumpings being reserved for Ibrox and Parkhead) but we just haven't laid a glove on them. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that we've become the easiest away game for Rangers and Celtic and that's a bit depressing really.

Celtic were obviously streets ahead of us but if you stand off and let good players get on with, you've lost and that's exactly what we did. The weird formation that we rehearsed against St Mirren with today in mind can happily f**k off and never be seen again - we literally couldn't have been any more ineffectual had we played our normal shape (and I suspect we would have been better).

Positives: I only watched 45 mins of that, the earliest I've ever left a game at Fir Park, so I avoided frostbite.

1 hour ago, gaz5 said:

It's very impressive, definitely. The type of football I personally enjoy watching. The fluidity in your movement, in terms of players and rotations between positions, was mocked early on as it was clearly being built. But you look at it now and those rotations leave you with 2 or 3 options at all times in areas opponents have no idea how to stop as o lot of time is players ending up in places that wouldn't be expected. It's clearly coming together.

It's a players style, for sure, would expect they are all enjoying it.

And yes, Hatate appears a diamond of a find.

Yeah there were so many in the early stages of the season getting tore into Ange and Celtic but we were to an extent playing with square pegs in round holes but he’s refused to bend and remained committed to his beliefs to play a certain way and we are now just starting to see it take shape now that we have the players to execute it.

There are always comparisons drawn to the other side of the city saw some article done by the bbc i think that showed the best 11 made up of both sides and it only had 3 Celtic players in it, i genuinely wouldn’t take any of their best 11 in this side not a single 1. 

Now going to sit and watch the other game and hope these 2 play out a draw 

Edited by Jinky67

29 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

And one past the 96th minute...

We're going to be totally totalled on Wednesday. Totally totalled.

Before succumbing 3-0 to Motherwell Saturday.

See when I said you’re Glass half empty, you’re Glass never filled!  If you remember, you had us bottom of the league at the back end of last year with the fixtures we had coming up at that time.

8 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

See when I said you’re Glass half empty, you’re Glass never filled!  If you remember, you had us bottom of the league at the back end of last year with the fixtures we had coming up at that time.

Potentially bottom, then we had our "magnificent" run, which had us dreaming of European qualification and Scottish Cup wins, now we're back to what has been normal for Glass' reign, unfortunately.

Edited by Jacksgranda

28 minutes ago, Lukovic said:

In all honesty Celtic are just levels ahead of everyone right now. Do think we done ok until the first goal but after that...

This, I didn’t think we were that bad and the timing of the first two goals really was a gut punch.

Clearly beaten by a way better team today. At times they just played through us with ease and have so much depth all over the park.

Van Veen looks like he’s chucked it for me. Thought Tierney and Efford looked far more threatening than him for the first 20 mins of the second half. Massive midweek game for us now, tangerine Tony getting off the mark for Utd against us would just about sum up our 2022 so far.

Well that was shite. Again.

Complete pumpings against the Glasgow two have sadly become the norm for us now at home as well as away. We used to at least make them work for their points at Fir Park, but it's depressing how easily we offer them up now.

Where there's almost always been a gulf in quality, in the past we made up for that with having a gameplan and more than a bit of fight. Today was another example of having neither and Celtic absolutely strolled it without leaving 2nd gear.

Next few league games are massive in determining which way our season's going to go. We won't be sitting 4th much longer on current form. Van Veen has been absolute humpty for weeks, and Efford showed enough when he came on that I'd go with him up top on Wednesday in a game we really must take something from.

3 hours ago, gaz5 said:

3 fine goals. Could have been more, Motherwell offered very little.

Some statement dropping 3 standouts from Wednesday with absolutely no downturn in quality/patterns of play.

Hatate won't be at Celtic for long. Absolute baller. From what we've seen so far, quite possibly better than Kyogo, which is surprising.

Long way to go, obviously, but at this stage it's hard to see this Celtic squad, with the strength they now have, dropping more points than Rangers in the next 13 games.

Unfortunately I think both cheeks are now far away ahead of the rest and it will come down to the ....

8 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Where there's almost always been a gulf in quality, in the past we made up for that with having a gameplan and more than a bit of fight. Today was another example of having neither and Celtic absolutely strolled it without leaving 2nd gear.

I don't mind if we decide to go for a high press but you need to be willing to work all over the park. Jake Carroll was so far behind the game he was cutting about in a Zoom Airlines jersey looking for a one two with Richie Foran. I can handle conceding a goal like the second because fair fucks to Rogic, I'm no sure there's a keeper on earth would save that. But the first & third were absolute dug meat. 

McGinley was actually quite good today I thought. He's just the boo boys favourite. Would start Tierney and American Joe on Wednesday because they achieved more in 45 minutes today than KVV has managed this year.