Motherwell FC v Celtic FC Sunday 6th Feb.

2 minutes ago, ropy said:

Surely there was an element of taking the piss by bringing on a schoolboy, the game was well won by then.

Was he the ball boy that Rangers were complaining about?

I think it was to give him some experience right enough but he wouldn’t have been near the bench if we had all the players fit. 

14 minutes ago, ropy said:

Surely there was an element of taking the piss by bringing on a schoolboy, the game was well won by then.

Was he the ball boy that Rangers were complaining about?

The ball boy behind McGregors goal kicked the ball away as he tried to collect it. The ball boys were full of shithousery last night.

Bringing on young Doak was akin to putting the slippers and getting the cigars out

Edited by Jinky67

16 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

The ball boy behind McGregors goal kicked the ball away as he tried to collect it. The ball boys were full of shithousery last night.

Bringing on young Doak was akin to putting the slippers and getting the cigars out

My impression is that Rangers started the No away fans thing but I haven’t followed the story.  That allows the ball boys impunity to noise up the opposition, and the biggest bit of shithousery was the manager putting on the young boy, GIRUY was the cry.

32 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Judging by his interview he is going to play unless he is in pain. Fair play to him he was fucking outstanding last night, he's not Broonie but he led by example and terrorised their midfield.

That clip with Barisic 🤣

All I will say  is thank f**k Lasley is retired and Robinsons cloggerball is no more 

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

I dont know about half a dozen internationals, were still waiting on players coming back hence bringing on a 16 year old last night but yes I would hope we have enough to rotate a few.

I'm sure we could debate their actual quality, but you had half a dozen internationalists on the bench against Rangers. Bain, Ralston, Soro, Mccarthy, Forrest, Maeda. Throw in Rogic as well and you could rest seven players from a derby humping and replace them all with players who have international caps. 

Considering the fucking mess Celtic were in last season, you've got to give Ange a helluva lot of credit for creating a quality, competitive squad in such a short space of time. 

£20m helps, tbf...

55 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Judging by his interview he is going to play unless he is in pain. Fair play to him he was fucking outstanding last night, he's not Broonie but he led by example and terrorised their midfield.

That clip with Barisic 🤣

Gone are the days McGregor needs to play every game Bitton can come in if needed plus for me we also need to see a bigger contribution from McCathy.
Maybe see Ralston coming in after Juranovic shift last night,the good thing with making changes is we all know, the 3 or 4 Ange will make will not change the way we play.

9 hours ago, Swello said:

If we get a bit of what Rangers got in the first half last night, we're fucked so I think the only viable thing to do is kick Celtic. A lot.

To be clear I don't just mean obvious fouls - I mean players cynically taking a shot each at Celtic's key men to stretch the bookings out a bit, sneaky elbows at corners, pretending to check that Celtic players are alright after heavy tackles but getting a sneaky nip to the baws in, big shoulder barges into the hoardings when they're going fast, unnecessarily flattening/sandwiching players when we go up for headers, goalkeeper jumping with his studs up and free kick takers deliberately blootering the ball off Celtic players' nappers when they're in the wall. And then bring on subs to continue things when too many people are on a yellow. Minimum of 12 bookings please.

Final score - Motherwell 0 Celtic 2 - but at least we get something to cheer.

😂😂😂

7 minutes ago, Desp said:

I'm sure we could debate their actual quality, but you had half a dozen internationalists on the bench against Rangers. Bain, Ralston, Soro, Mccarthy, Forrest, Maeda. Throw in Rogic as well and you could rest seven players from a derby humping and replace them all with players who have international caps. 

Considering the fucking mess Celtic were in last season, you've got to give Ange a helluva lot of credit for creating a quality, competitive squad in such a short space of time. 

£20m helps, tbf...

We are still in transfer surplus by a long way I think tbh I think from 2021, we would never have spent that sort of cash otherwise.

14 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Gone are the days McGregor needs to play every game Bitton can come in if needed plus for me we also need to see a bigger contribution from McCathy.
Maybe see Ralston coming in after Juranovic shift last night,the good thing with making changes is we all know, the 3 or 4 Ange will make will not change the way we play.

He doesn't need to play however its probably more of a question of stopping him playing, he has stepped up brilliantly and you get the impression if he can be on the park he will be and thats to be admired however i do agree he does need a break at times. We probably benefitted last night from having those couple of games out considering how fresh and fired up he looked.

As for Juranvoic he could probably play in there too, he was outstanding. Picking balls out the air like it was a balloon and you are right doesnt matter who cames in the plan and the way we play is the same. 

Edited by Jinky67

38 minutes ago, Desp said:

£20m helps, tbf...

Motherwell have played 30 games to Celtic's 41 so far this season plus the way the manager wants the team to play has had an adverse affect on injuries to players.
There is no excuse for spending the dosh available to make sure Celtic can play maybe 20 more games than Motherwell in the same time frame.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

59 minutes ago, Desp said:

£20m helps, tbf...

Was this Ange guy not available when Celtic had a league to win?  Were they all in on Howe or was it Kennedy that saw them over the line? 

Images that precede unfortunate events.
F0F720AB-755B-4EB4-B6C8-5E5D1E455952.thumb.jpeg.2db2f668ac6bd02086ef8ab2a51b6f8e.jpeg
As it was the Record I was prepared to bet McGinley didn't say anything like the headline. I was right - he basically says every game is winnable and we have a chance. No warnings fired or anything like that just a wildly exaggerated click bait headline that I was daft enough to fall for.

35 minutes ago, ropy said:

Was this Ange guy not available when Celtic had a league to win?  Were they all in on Howe or was it Kennedy that saw them over the line? 

The league was gone by this time last season and Lennon was still here till around the end of Feb. We then fannied around waiting on Eddie Howe for months when if we already had Ange on the shortlist we could have had him in for the run in. We may then have avoided our slow start to the season. Hindsight and all that

Edited by Jinky67

5 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

There doesn’t appear to be any tickets available to buy online for this game. 

Surely not?

Possibly a blessing if so!

Worth phoning in the morning, presumably too late to post anything out, or is it an e-ticket?