St Johnstone vs Dundee United - 5 February 2022

Probably fair to start with Hendry and May again anyway, who knows Stevie might make himself undroppable with his new partner.
Fingers crossed.
Goal for each of them in another 2-1 win would be fucking marvellous.
I thought they both did a power of work on Wednesday and were a big part of the reason Livingston ended up either playing into trouble or going long a lot the first half. They were striking up a good partnership in Wright's last season before the season broke. May disappointed again in the last third but I suppose he was at least getting into decent areas again.

Looks like they'll get another chance together. "International clearance" sounds more like a delay with MLS/FIFA/SFA registration than a work permit issue (plus he's training already so must be insured) so imagine it won't drag on like the Vertainen saga.

Clark
Sang Cleary Gordon Mccart Booth
Butterfield
MacPherson Hallberg
May Hendry

I'm not convinced by Butterfield as the deep player in a three from a defensive view but at least he does get on the ball.

I thought Butterfield had his poorest game on Tuesday, but at least both he and Hallberg want to take the ball in and play. The pair of them have a calmness to their passing that neither McPherson, Craig or Davidson have. They’re very much in the hot potato hoof it category! 

Rain horrendous through here in glorious East Dunbartonshire - any doubt about game?
Fine at moment. It's been raining but not too bad. Forecast heavier later this morning but lighter in the afternoon. High winds though - not going to be pleasant

2 hours ago, steve55 said:

https://ppv.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/

This is a big game for both clubs.

PPV Stream above 17.50

The prices St Johnstone and Livi charge for PPV is rediculous. Especially if you decide to stay away from social media, radio etc you can watch this game for free on Alba.

Might spend the day watching the 6 nations and then watch the game later.

Edited by Tannadeechee

19 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

The prices St Johnstone and Livi charge for PPV is rediculous.

It's so it's slightly more than season ticket holders pay per game, so you don't have the ridiculous situation of lazy arsehole fans paying less to watch every Home game than season ticket holders.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's so it's slightly more than season ticket holders pay per game, so you don't have the ridiculous situation of lazy arsehole fans paying less to watch every Home game than season ticket holders.

It's not ridiculous to charge less for an inferior product (shitty stream) versus actually attending the game. No complaints from me though, I'll be getting in with the wee man for less than the cost of the stream. If I wasn't going I wouldn't pay £17.50 for a stream though. That's just a pisstake.

It's not ridiculous to charge less for an inferior product (shitty stream) versus actually attending the game. No complaints from me though, I'll be getting in with the wee man for less than the cost of the stream. If I wasn't going I wouldn't pay £17.50 for a stream though. That's just a pisstake.

It’s a very good stream and well worth the £17.50. The commentary has improved this season and normally you would be able to listen to your own commentators. You will also get instant replay’s of goals etc.
Mind you we don’t score many.
I paid Livi on Tuesday and didn’t grudge the £20.
Even cheaper if there is more than one watching.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Can't compare going to the game with watching the game on a one camera stream. Folk who support the home team will go the the game anyway. Folk able to get to the away game will go anyway. What the streams do is allow clubs to make money from those who wouldn't normally be able to go, and those who have dropped away from going. Its an extra income. I have a season ticket for Tannadice and per game its still more than the £12:50 for a ppv. It doesn't bother me because PPV is still inferior to the real thing, but better than not watching it.

Edited by Tannadeechee

9 minutes ago, akuram said:

It’s a very good stream and well worth the £17.50. The commentary has improved this season and normally you would be able to listen to your own commentators. You will also get instant replay’s of goals etc.

Definitely not paying for it now!

5 minutes ago, akuram said:

Come on now, it's £17.50 for a one off broadcast of a single football game using a few less than top-end cameras, borderline ropy editing and amateur commentators. The Johnnies' product may compare favourably with some others (although there's no way it's as slick as, say, the Rangers'  coverage) but it's still, in the end, a game of football over a shitty stream and £17.50 is just taking the piss.

The price of a stream doesn't influence whether I go to a game, but if I'm not going it will influence whether I pay to watch or make do with the radio or a pirate stream.